ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 12 of 183
« First < 289101112 131415162262112 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***The Official Chiefs @ Broncos Patrick Mahomes Debut Spectacular Game Day Thread***
bigjosh 12:00 AM 12-31-2017
ITS PATRICK MAHOMES II TIME LADIES AND GENTLEMEN!!!
Spoiler!

THE MATCHUP
Spoiler!

WEATHER OUTLOOK
Spoiler!

THE IMPLICATIONS
Spoiler!

GAMBLING ODDS
Spoiler!

BROADCAST INFORMATION
Spoiler!

GOOD STREAM SITES
Spoiler!

FUCK THE DONKEYS! GO CHIEFS!
[Reply]
RealSNR 12:29 PM 12-31-2017
Originally Posted by stevieray:
gonna watch a playoff game knowing it's a loss before the game starts?

might as well be cutting yourself, it would be more productive.

Poor Chiefs martyrs.
That's what we've been getting with Smith. I've NEVER been confident in any Chiefs playoff game of the Smith/Reid era. Not even last year. I've predicted Chiefs losses in every single playoff game except for Houston not because of superstition, but because I look at the opposing team and then I look at our QB. And I think, "Our QB is a dick-sucking coward. Their QB is not. We're going to lose."

That's no way to live as a fan.
[Reply]
stevieray 12:32 PM 12-31-2017
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
That's what we've been getting with Smith. I've NEVER been confident in any Chiefs playoff game of the Smith/Reid era. Not even last year. I've predicted Chiefs losses in every single playoff game except for Houston not because of superstition, but because I look at the opposing team and then I look at our QB. And I think, "Our QB is a dick-sucking coward. Their QB is not. We're going to lose."

That's not a fan, that's a naysayer.
[Reply]
bigjosh 12:34 PM 12-31-2017
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
permission to use this as avatar?
[Reply]
wazu 12:35 PM 12-31-2017
How about both?
[Reply]
MahiMike 12:36 PM 12-31-2017
Going to the sports bar for 1st time this year! I'm not missing this!
[Reply]
KChiefs1 12:38 PM 12-31-2017
Originally Posted by RunKC:
I’ll appreciate Alex when he starts winning playoff games over credible QB’s. Otherwise he is no different than Bono, Grbac or Huard.

The goal has always been to win in January.
:-)
[Reply]
TigeRRUppeRRcut 12:39 PM 12-31-2017
That one time this board spent two years convinced that I was black Bob...

It's good to have you back
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 12:39 PM 12-31-2017

Pretty much me.

You can choose to be Charlie Brown and keep sprinting at Lucy's football.

Or, you can go to watch parties, hang out with friends, watch casually, and have no expectation for a win, and no heartburn when it's an L.

If Mahomes is as good as I believe he'll be, that will change. But that's in the future (or if he looks great today and somehow ends up in the playoff game).
[Reply]
TigeRRUppeRRcut 12:40 PM 12-31-2017

I'm sure you predicted that excellent performance by Smith against the colts
[Reply]
Rasputin 12:41 PM 12-31-2017
I got brand new red underwear for brand new Chiefs Era Football.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 12:43 PM 12-31-2017

It's not a naysayer. It's being objective enough to gauge probabilities and possibility.

Fan of science vs fan of faith.
[Reply]
Dartgod 12:46 PM 12-31-2017
Originally Posted by KC Tattoo:
He beat one playoff team woopty ****ing do.
Huh? Pats and Eagles.
[Reply]
stevieray 12:47 PM 12-31-2017
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
It's not a naysayer.
It absolutely is....in the a locker room, a cancer.
[Reply]
Molitoth 12:48 PM 12-31-2017
Originally Posted by TigeRRUppeRRcut:
I'm sure you predicted that excellent performance by Smith against the colts
It was typical Alex Smith. Teases you with great play, and then follows it up with a load of shit.

Except in that example it was split into halves instead of games.
[Reply]
Bearcat 12:48 PM 12-31-2017
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
Why is the NFL different?

Hard cap. Completely even revenue sharing. It's the most balanced league around. So yes, my expectations are different for the Chiefs than for Mizzou or the Royals, because those teams aren't working from a completely even deck like the Chiefs are.

There's also the matter of the Chiefs spending 30 years trying to same tired, failed approach at QB, and never deviating from it until this past spring. In light of the past 25 years, it's hard to get excited about a division title and being sent home before the conference championship game, which is your general lot in the NFL, even if you make the playoffs, unless you're daring to be great at QB.

Right. Alex Smith doesn't suck as bad as Tyler Palko, so we should be happy, right?

I was never fine with him. I was pretty damn sure that he wasn't going to elevate his play, that he'd just be another caretaker QB who needed everything done perfectly by the rest of his team to have any success against elite teams. He's done nothing but prove that out.

A brief flash of that elite-capable play popped up here and there, but never came to stay. Maybe he'll go on one of those "hot" streaks in the playoffs this year, but there's dozens of games and more than a half decade of past performance that suggest he won't.
Yeah, the things being said about Smith today were the same things being said 4 years ago... everyone figured he could win in the regular season, but didn't have much faith in the playoffs.

That argument, of course, has been bastardized by the extremes on both ends, trolls, hyperbole, and overall people who are terrible at debate.
[Reply]
Page 12 of 183
« First < 289101112 131415162262112 > Last »
Up