ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 34 of 34
« First < 243031323334
The Dumbass Lounge>***Official gardening, landscape and yardwork thread***
lewdog 11:06 AM 03-11-2017
We had a 2014 gardening thread and another planting trees thread. Figured it would be better just to have a general thread to share knowledge about all things yards.

I've learned stuff about growing things here in the desert from people all around the country. Post pictures and share your knowledge!
[Reply]
displacedinMN 03:24 PM 07-26-2020
Anyone receive unknown seeds from China. All over the net now.


https://www.facebook.com/search/top/...epa=SEARCH_BOX

DESTROY THOSE SEEDS.
[Reply]
KS Smitty 03:32 PM 07-26-2020
Originally Posted by displacedinMN:
Anyone receive unknown seeds from China. All over the net now.


https://www.facebook.com/search/top/...epa=SEARCH_BOX

DESTROY THOSE SEEDS.
NO!!! You're supposed to call your local USDA unit and they'll come get them. Don't open or touch and especially don't plant.
[Reply]
lewdog 03:50 PM 07-26-2020
Not bad for hot ass July in Phoenix. That stringy plant in the far left corner is a Barbados Cherry tree, which will be shaped more like a big bush, but produce red cherries in the next few years. The tropical corner has filled in nicely with the palms and hibiscus plants (There's a cape honeysuckle in there too). It's too hot for them to flower right now but usually provide pink and red blooms in Spring/Fall. Just added the shade structure this week, which will likely house some potted plumerias and various succulents that like heat but not direct Phoenix sun in the middle of summer.



[Reply]
lewdog 04:00 PM 07-26-2020
Originally Posted by KS Smitty:
NO!!! You're supposed to call your local USDA unit and they'll come get them. Don't open or touch and especially don't plant.
Iíd plant them in pots because Iím curious.
[Reply]
displacedinMN 04:28 PM 07-26-2020
Originally Posted by lewdog:
Iíd plant them in pots because Iím curious.
Of course you would. Let the USDA or a University do that so nothing escapes.
[Reply]
Buehler445 04:49 PM 07-26-2020
Originally Posted by lewdog:
Iíd plant them in pots because Iím curious.
Donít do that. Sometimes established plants with rhizome roots or long lasting hard shelled seeds (especially if theyíre polymer coated) can last a hell of a long time.
[Reply]
cooper barrett 07:02 PM 07-26-2020
Where are the "No diving from the balconies" signs?


Originally Posted by lewdog:
Not bad for hot ass July in Phoenix. That stringy plant in the far left corner is a Barbados Cherry tree, which will be shaped more like a big bush, but produce red cherries in the next few years. The tropical corner has filled in nicely with the palms and hibiscus plants (There's a cape honeysuckle in there too). It's too hot for them to flower right now but usually provide pink and red blooms in Spring/Fall. Just added the shade structure this week, which will likely house some potted plumerias and various succulents that like heat but not direct Phoenix sun in the middle of summer.



[Reply]
lewdog 07:58 PM 07-26-2020
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Donít do that. Sometimes established plants with rhizome roots or long lasting hard shelled seeds (especially if theyíre polymer coated) can last a hell of a long time.
Donít tell me what to do with my seeds you fucking communist!
[Reply]
Buehler445 11:24 PM 07-26-2020
Originally Posted by lewdog:
Donít tell me what to do with my seeds you fucking communist!
Iíll do what I damn well please, fool.
[Reply]
displacedinMN 05:23 AM 07-27-2020
Officials in at least four states are urging residents to report any unsolicited packages of seeds that appear to have been sent from China, warning that they might be invasive or otherwise harmful.

The agriculture departments in Washington state, Louisiana, Kansas and Virginia have issued statements in recent days, noting that residents had reported receiving packages of seeds in the mail that they had not ordered. Based on photos, the seeds appear to have been mailed in white pouches displaying Chinese lettering and the words "China Post."

Some of the packages were labeled to say they contained jewelry, according to the Kansas Department of Agriculture. Packages of seeds have also been sent to residents in Utah, Arizona and Ohio, according to local news reports.

Officials are warning people not to plant the seeds.

"Unsolicited seeds could be invasive, introduce diseases to local plants or be harmful to livestock," the Washington state Department of Agriculture said.

Police in Whitehouse, Ohio, where a resident reported receiving seeds, said the packages appeared to be a part of a "brushing" fraud.

"A brushing scam," the department said on its Facebook page, "is an exploit by a vendor used to bolster product ratings and increase visibility online by shipping an inexpensive product to an unwitting receiver and then submitting positive reviews on the receiver's behalf under the guise of a verified owner."

The seeds did not appear to be "directly dangerous," the department said.
[Reply]
lewdog 02:50 PM 07-28-2020
Was gifted a plumeria from a friend. Penang peach which is supposed to smell like peaches when it flowers!
[Reply]
lewdog 10:50 AM 08-01-2020
Lime tree rocking yet another year. Even with 110+ degress for 10+ days. Over 100 limes to use over the next few months.






[Reply]
lewdog 08:19 AM 09-19-2020
More limes for cocktails today. I love this tree!


[Reply]
MahiMike 09:13 AM 09-19-2020
Originally Posted by lewdog:
More limes for cocktails today. I love this tree!

Nice. It's like my Meyer lemon tree. Puts out 250 softball sized lemons. We squeeze and freeze.

Another kick ass plant is my habaneros. That thing is kicking ass. Bugs hate it. Ha. Need recipes but been sauteing in my scrambled eggs and made jam for the English muffins.
[Reply]
Page 34 of 34
« First < 243031323334
Up