ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 19 of 57
« First < 91516171819 2021222329 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official gardening, landscape and yardwork thread***
lewdog 11:06 AM 03-11-2017
We had a 2014 gardening thread and another planting trees thread. Figured it would be better just to have a general thread to share knowledge about all things yards.

I've learned stuff about growing things here in the desert from people all around the country. Post pictures and share your knowledge!
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 09:00 AM 07-07-2017
This is cool!

A couple months ago, I bought these little cardboard tube thingies and roughly built a small box to hang near my garden. The tubes are perfect for mason bees. Well, it's just been hanging there since. This morning I noticed two holes have been filled, so we have bees!!!
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 09:02 AM 07-07-2017
Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy!:
This is cool!

A couple months ago, I bought these little cardboard tube thingies and roughly built a small box to hang near my garden. The tubes are perfect for mason bees. Well, it's just been hanging there since. This morning I noticed two holes have been filled, so we have bees!!!

[Reply]
lewdog 05:43 PM 07-11-2017
Gonna be looking at getting my seeds growing to start my "Fall" garden in Mid-August. When the June temperature soar here, I rip out my entire garden as it's not worth trying to keep the plants alive.

My plan is to do 3 Tomatillo plants, 2 Heirloom Black Krim tomatoes, 1 cherry tomato and 1 Serrano pepper. All will be new to me outside of the cherry tomato which I keep alive each year from August until June. These will be in addition to my Jalapeno and Sante Fe pepper plants which live year round with very little work.

Main goal here......more salsa and attempts at chile verde!
[Reply]
HemiEd 06:18 AM 07-12-2017
Been a while since I posted in this thread. Garden is doing pretty well, we have had so much kale we are sick of it. Lettuce, carrots and radishes are all done.

Tomatoes have been a battle with blight. Lots of peppers that I am freezing to use in Chili this winter.

Had about a half dozen edible plums, 5 pears and the figs are just now coming on.
Maybe peaches next year as they stayed small and hard.

[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 01:20 PM 07-15-2017
We have baby watermelons!

[Reply]
lewdog 01:30 PM 07-15-2017
Originally Posted by HemiEd:
Been a while since I posted in this thread. Garden is doing pretty well, we have had so much kale we are sick of it. Lettuce, carrots and radishes are all done.

Tomatoes have been a battle with blight. Lots of peppers that I am freezing to use in Chili this winter.

Had about a half dozen edible plums, 5 pears and the figs are just now coming on.
Maybe peaches next year as they stayed small and hard.

I see some tomatoes there! What kind of peppers did you grow?

Yard looks nice. I do miss grass sometimes.

Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy!:
We have baby watermelons!

Nice. You ever grow them before? I tried last year. Got about softball size and all 3 I had going split down the middle.
[Reply]
Buehler445 01:36 PM 07-15-2017
Originally Posted by lewdog:
I see some tomatoes there! What kind of peppers did you grow?

Yard looks nice. I do miss grass sometimes.

Nice. You ever grow them before? I tried last year. Got about softball size and all 3 I had going split down the middle.
Too hot and dry
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 01:44 PM 07-15-2017

Nope, first time. Sounds like too much rain.
[Reply]
Bob Dole 06:42 PM 07-17-2017
My blank slate starts in 4 weeks. House goes just behind the small pine in the center that I took down this morning.
Attached: image.jpg (171.4 KB) 
[Reply]
lewdog 06:34 PM 07-24-2017
Getting my Fall garden going. 3 Tomatillos (new for me) on the far end with Serrano pepper plant in between. 2 Black Krim tomato plants (new for me). And 1 cherry tomato (always have). Plus the jalapeno bush you see which produces year round and never dies. It's a small garden but space is limited here. I rained a ton here today so I was glad I got my seeds in the ground yesterday.

Finally got the watering right for the Lime tree this summer and it's producing very well and looking very green. It seems to be a heavy feeder for fertilizer and Iron chelate.

And who knew grapevines loved the Phoenix summer heat?! Grapes came out small but were edible, although the birds got a ton of them. It's producing great green foliage with this monsoon weather and is going great covering that ugly pool fence.

[Reply]
Buehler445 10:15 PM 07-24-2017

Finally got the watering right for the Lime tree this summer and it's producing very well and looking very green. It seems to be a heavy feeder for fertilizer and Iron chelate.

What is browning off the leaves on your lime tree?

Unless it's heat coming off the brick, I'd get to talking to a horticulturist pronto. That looks disease-ish

Good looking garden though.
:-)
[Reply]
Mr_Tomahawk 06:28 AM 07-25-2017
What's the latest in the year you all have potted a young tomato/pepper plant in KS/MO?

I have a spare hanging basket on our deck and toying with the idea of grabbing a veggie to put in there to see what happens.
[Reply]
lewdog 06:44 AM 07-25-2017
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
What is browning off the leaves on your lime tree?

Unless it's heat coming off the brick, I'd get to talking to a horticulturist pronto. That looks disease-ish

Good looking garden though. :-)
It's sunburn. Common on citrus when temps are consistently 110+ for weeks on end. Nothing wrong with tree. I promise. Leaves are burned, die off and replaced as weather gets nice in fall. You'll see most citrus with this look mid summer here.
[Reply]
Buehler445 06:58 AM 07-25-2017
:-)
It's sunburn. Common on citrus when temps are consistently 110+ for weeks on end. Nothing wrong with tree. I promise. Leaves are burned, die off and replaced as weather gets nice in fall. You'll see most citrus with this look mid summer here.
That's what I figured. But that does look like a lot of leaf diseases.
[Reply]
Bob Dole 12:12 PM 08-29-2017
House is moved and on site. Setting piers this weekend. Still a lot of work to be done.
Attached: image.jpg (164.4 KB) 
[Reply]
Page 19 of 57
« First < 91516171819 2021222329 > Last »
Up