ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 17 of 223
« First < 71314151617 181920212767117 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>What are you Smoking/Grilling/BBQ'ing this weekend?
BigRedChief 03:48 PM 07-03-2015
What are you up to this weekend?

I finally gave up on my smoker and decided to get a new smoker. I went with a bigger model but less tech. Yes, its a cheater electric smoker. My 3rd one. I need more space to cook, I don't need help getting my smoke and temp right. :-)

I've also never used injection for flavor except for pork butt or other big cuts of meat. I decided to give it a try. I developed my own injection. Basically like the other recipes you have out on the internet but I'm putting the rub in the injection and using sirracchi.

Full results not in yet but my son and I think its the best sausage we have ever had.

No sauce. Marinated the meat overnight. Injected the meat. Slow cooked the ribs and chicken. Baste it with a combo of butter and apple juice. Using a combination of Apple, Mesquite, Cherry and Hickory wood.
Attached: 11539678_10205518593098849_7496287094654554585_n.jpg (58.7 KB) 11204917_10205518655060398_84193330748835473_n.jpg (107.7 KB) 11403311_10205518654740390_5737794009802538289_n.jpg (92.7 KB) 11060263_10205518594938895_5571454432064515726_n.jpg (86.7 KB) 
[Reply]
BryanBusby 02:04 PM 07-13-2016
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:
Really?

I always thought the best ribs were the ones where the meat just falls off the bone. I learned something new.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Don't feel ashamed about it. The big propaganda about ribs, for the longest time, is that they should fall right off the bone. If you hear it enough times without any counter points, people will buy in.

I used to think the same way. Pulled my ribs a little too early once (actually was just right) and the difference was amazing.

If you have your ribs falling apart, shorten the amount of time that they are wrapped up in foil.
[Reply]
In58men 02:06 PM 07-13-2016
Pork baby back ribs 225-245 for 4.5 hours depending on thickness. Costco ribs never fail with their ribs.
[Reply]
srvy 02:47 PM 07-13-2016
Originally Posted by BryanBusby:
Don't feel ashamed about it. The big propaganda about ribs, for the longest time, is that they should fall right off the bone. If you hear it enough times without any counter points, people will buy in.

I used to think the same way. Pulled my ribs a little too early once (actually was just right) and the difference was amazing.

If you have your ribs falling apart, shorten the amount of time that they are wrapped up in foil.
Probably pull away from the bone would be a better term. I am a bit unclear on the foil wrapping. Are you using the Texas crutch method or pulling them from the heat and finishing in foil in a cooler. For myself I hate the Texas crutch method as I dont feel 4 to 5 hours is that long to wait I dont mind finishing off heat, in foil.

Also for myself I cant stand pre sauced ribs or anything else. Though I generally love when I am visiting Texas their Q, its the pre-saucing that runs rampant that sets me back.
[Reply]
Mennonite 05:24 PM 07-13-2016
I don't know shit about grilling or smoking. My boss keeps trying to get me to buy a WSM. I would love to have one, but I would end up cooking way more stuff than I could ever eat. So he suggested a Weber Kettle grill that can be modified to act as a smoker. I don't know how effective e that would be.

If anyone of you BBQ experts has a minute or two, I'd love to read your thoughts on this video:

Thing I'm considering purchasing:

Weber 741001 Original Kettle 22-Inch Charcoal Grill

Weber 7416 Rapidfire Chimney Starter

Weber 7451 Standard Kettle Cover

Maverick Et-732 Remote Bbq Smoker Thermometer

Any advice?
[Reply]
Dinny Bossa Nova 05:28 PM 07-13-2016
Originally Posted by Mennonite:
I don't know shit about grilling or smoking. My boss keeps trying to get me to buy a WSM. I would love to have one, but I would end up cooking way more stuff than I could ever eat. So he suggested a Weber Kettle grill that can be modified to act as a smoker. I don't know how effective e that would be.

If anyone of you BBQ experts has a minute or two, I'd love to read your thoughts on this video:

Thing I'm considering purchasing:

Weber 741001 Original Kettle 22-Inch Charcoal Grill

Weber 7416 Rapidfire Chimney Starter

Weber 7451 Standard Kettle Cover

Maverick Et-732 Remote Bbq Smoker Thermometer

Any advice?
1 Large WSM

1 FoodSaver + bags

1 Deep Freeze(r)

profit

Dinny
[Reply]
BigRedChief 05:45 PM 07-13-2016
Originally Posted by Inmem58:
Pork baby back ribs 225-245 for 4.5 hours depending on thickness. Costco ribs never fail with their ribs.
200 for 6-8 hours for me. Slow and low my man slow and low.
[Reply]
In58men 05:54 PM 07-13-2016
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
200 for 6-8 hours for me. Slow and low my man slow and low.
No sir, give it a try. You'll thank me later.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 07:38 PM 07-13-2016
Originally Posted by Inmem58:
No sir, give it a try. You'll thank me later.
I use to do it the traditional way like yourself. You should try it my way, you'll thank me later.:-)
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 07:39 PM 07-13-2016
Boil 'em. You'll thank me later.
[Reply]
Captain Obvious 07:55 PM 07-13-2016
My new smoker arrives on Friday. I'm pretty pumped about it.

I'm a single guy so that means I'm going to be dealing with leftovers after each smoke (and yeah, yeah, I know...what are leftovers?). What do you guys do with leftovers? Do you ever freeze it? If so, do I need to add anything to my foodsaver bags?
[Reply]
BigRedChief 09:48 PM 07-13-2016
Originally Posted by Captain Obvious:

I'm a single guy so that means I'm going to be dealing with leftovers after each smoke (and yeah, yeah, I know...what are leftovers?). What do you guys do with leftovers? Do you ever freeze it? If so, do I need to add anything to my foodsaver bags?
I smoke pork loin on a regular basis. I usually smoke at least a couple of whole pork loins at the same time. If they are not eaten up, I will freeze the leftovers. Same with chicken. But, ribs..... just doesn't work for me frozen and thawed.

You will get to be a good smoker pretty fast. It gets real easy and clean up will be a breeze. You'll do it more often and leftovers wont be an issue.:-)
[Reply]
srvy 12:20 AM 07-14-2016
Originally Posted by Captain Obvious:

I smoked many many years a single guy but now leftovers aren't a problem. As for ribs I would smoke 2 slabs thats plenty easy to eat up on your own. I would usually smoke a turkey breast or Pork butt for sammies. I used the foodsaver to freeze portions. If you use freezer bags I don't recommend but if you do use freezer paper and foil and wrap it tight then bag it but get on it quick. I just dont like beef or pork ribs frozen then reheated. Oh sausage is another item to throw in that freezes pretty good. Trial and error you will find what you can freeze and what you should smoke in smaller 2 meal portions. Oh brisket does well to freeze. What did you mean add to the foodsaver really dont need any I suppose sauce is fine if thats your thing. I dont recommend BBQ sauce while smoking unless its in the last half hour as the sugar will burn and ruin your world. I am a sauce on the side but realize many pork and beef rib folks like it on the meat.
[Reply]
Captain Obvious 11:47 AM 07-17-2016
My first smoke was a whole chicken and 8 chicken legs. All came out really well. I'm trying jerky right now, but I'm not so sure it's going to turn out as I want. My electric smoker seems to struggle keeping the temp low enough. At a minimum I'll at least have dog treats. Expensive dog treats....
[Reply]
Captain Obvious 11:49 AM 07-17-2016
Originally Posted by srvy:
I smoked many many years a single guy but now leftovers aren't a problem. As for ribs I would smoke 2 slabs thats plenty easy to eat up on your own. I would usually smoke a turkey breast or Pork butt for sammies. I used the foodsaver to freeze portions. If you use freezer bags I don't recommend but if you do use freezer paper and foil and wrap it tight then bag it but get on it quick. I just dont like beef or pork ribs frozen then reheated. Oh sausage is another item to throw in that freezes pretty good. Trial and error you will find what you can freeze and what you should smoke in smaller 2 meal portions. Oh brisket does well to freeze. What did you mean add to the foodsaver really dont need any I suppose sauce is fine if thats your thing. I dont recommend BBQ sauce while smoking unless its in the last half hour as the sugar will burn and ruin your world. I am a sauce on the side but realize many pork and beef rib folks like it on the meat.
I read somewhere a while back that some people throw in a dash of some liquid that they say helps with keeping the flavor.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 04:13 PM 07-17-2016
Younger son learning the ropes... He did well...

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk (so spelling be damned!!!)
[Reply]
Page 17 of 223
« First < 71314151617 181920212767117 > Last »
Up