ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 39 of 205
« First < 293536373839 404142434989139 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>****OFFICIAL NBA Regular Season Thread****
dirk digler 10:59 AM 12-25-2011
Let's get it on... finally
Dylan 09:37 PM 02-14-2012
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
Saw that he tied the game on a 3 point play, THEN he won the game on a 3 pointer.

Holy shit.
Unbelieveable, right? I had the game on in the background. The Knicks were down 11-12-15 points at the half -- After that they came back and exploded. It became Lin for the Win ... too funny.

If Lin's that good, maybe he should put his Harvard ecomonics degree to good use and help the country -- just kidding.
Hammock Parties 10:50 PM 02-14-2012
Jesus, 27 and 11.

It's like Lin is playing NBA2K11 My Player on easy mode.
Dylan 11:33 PM 02-14-2012
Ah, I'm happy for Lin. I hope he has what it takes to succeed -- Sweet ... Especially because it takes a lot of people to put you on the front page of The New York Times and The New York Times Global Edition (The International Herald Tribune -- receiving more than 33 million unique visitors in the U.S. and 48 million globally. LOL ... too funny.

Excerpt from The New York Times: Great writing.

Knicks 90, Raptors 87
At the Buzzer, It’s All Lin

By HOWARD BECK 3 minutes ago
TORONTO — The clock was running down — on the game, on the Knicks and on Jeremy Lin’s mystical streak, which was teetering on the edge of disappointment. The seconds kept disappearing until Lin stopped his dribble, pulled up and launched from the 3-point arc.

The ball swished with a half-second remaining, setting off pandemonium at Air Canada Centre, which momentarily adopted the N.B.A.’s newest star as its own. The crowd had just witnessed another fantastic chapter in Lin’s growing legend.

The shot broke a tie and completed a furious comeback against the Toronto Raptors. And when Rasual Butler’s 3-point attempt at the buzzer missed badly, the Knicks had a 90-87 victory, and their Lin-inspired winning streak had reached six.

Originally Posted by :
Mr. Lin is said to be a devout Christian. But he has displayed none of the “look at me” showboating of Tim Tebow, the Denver Broncos quarterback, who is endlessly on bended knee in public to demonstrate his piety. Clyde Haberman / The New York Times Metro Desk
Sources: http://www.nytimes.com/
http://global.nytimes.com/
http://cityroom.blogs.nytimes.com/20...-way/?src=recg
KC_Connection 11:53 PM 02-14-2012
Lin is reminding me so much of Tebow right now. Making huge clutch plays during the big moments, getting his struggling team on a decent win streak for the first team in years, thanking God after the games during the interviews, and becoming overrated by the media because of it all.

I don't know how much longer it will last, but it's fun.
Chief_For_Life58 11:57 PM 02-14-2012
Originally Posted by Dylan:
Unbelieveable, right? I had the game on in the background. The Knicks were down 11-12-15 points at the half -- After that they came back and exploded. It became Lin for the Win ... too funny.

If Lin's that good, maybe he should put his Harvard ecomonics degree to good use and help the country -- just kidding.
but seriously
KC_Connection 11:58 PM 02-14-2012
Mr. Lin is said to be a devout Christian. But he has displayed none of the “look at me” showboating of Tim Tebow, the Denver Broncos quarterback, who is endlessly on bended knee in public to demonstrate his piety. Clyde Haberman / The New York Times Metro Desk
Hard to understand the Tebow hate in a column that's basically about the basketball version of him. Tebow has never been a "look at me" showboater. When asked about personal success, he's always brought up the team or God or something other than himself. Very much like Lin has.
kcxiv 12:04 AM 02-15-2012
Ah, I'm happy for Lin. I hope he has what it takes to succeed -- Sweet ... Especially because it takes a lot of people to put you on the front page of The New York Times and The New York Times Global Edition (The International Herald Tribune -- receiving more than 33 million unique visitors in the U.S. and 48 million globally. LOL ... too funny.

Excerpt from The New York Times: Great writing.

Knicks 90, Raptors 87
At the Buzzer, It’s All Lin

By HOWARD BECK 3 minutes ago
TORONTO — The clock was running down — on the game, on the Knicks and on Jeremy Lin’s mystical streak, which was teetering on the edge of disappointment. The seconds kept disappearing until Lin stopped his dribble, pulled up and launched from the 3-point arc.

The ball swished with a half-second remaining, setting off pandemonium at Air Canada Centre, which momentarily adopted the N.B.A.’s newest star as its own. The crowd had just witnessed another fantastic chapter in Lin’s growing legend.

The shot broke a tie and completed a furious comeback against the Toronto Raptors. And when Rasual Butler’s 3-point attempt at the buzzer missed badly, the Knicks had a 90-87 victory, and their Lin-inspired winning streak had reached six.

Sources: http://www.nytimes.com/
http://global.nytimes.com/
http://cityroom.blogs.nytimes.com/20...-way/?src=recg
This is kind of a lie. If you watched the game, you will see him getting his swag on when he makes a big play.

Its pretty much the same story, but Lin can actually play the position correctly.
Hammock Parties 04:54 AM 02-15-2012

Hammock Parties 09:24 PM 02-15-2012
Mavs up 31.

4 3's from kid.

Odom has 16.

Dirk only has 12.

THIS TEAM IS BACK BROS
KevB 09:53 PM 02-15-2012
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
Lin is reminding me so much of Tebow right now.
I actually heard a much better comparison today than Tebow....Kurt Warner. Tebow's always had hype, all the way back to high school. Kurt Warner came out of nowhere, much like Lin.
KevB 09:54 PM 02-15-2012
Originally Posted by Han Solo:
Mavs up 31.

4 3's from kid.

Odom has 16.

Dirk only has 12.

THIS TEAM IS BACK BROS
They did it against a team missing three starters.
Hammock Parties 09:58 PM 02-15-2012
Hey guess what, the Mavs were without Jason Terry and Delonte West for most of the game, and Roddy Beaubois.

Mavs are legit and on the rise. Team is gelling.
KevB 10:04 PM 02-15-2012
Originally Posted by Han Solo:
Hey guess what, the Mavs were without Jason Terry and Delonte West for most of the game, and Roddy Beaubois.

Mavs are legit and on the rise. Team is gelling.
All three bench guys. Nugs missing Gallo, Nene and Mozgov. Gallo is a borderline All-Star and Nene is a very good player. Just sayin'.
Hammock Parties 10:04 PM 02-15-2012
Terry is a 6th man of the year candidate.

Anyway, we dominated. WE BACK
Pasta Little Brioni 10:07 PM 02-15-2012
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
Lin is reminding me so much of Tebow right now. Making huge clutch plays during the big moments, getting his struggling team on a decent win streak for the first team in years, thanking God after the games during the interviews, and becoming overrated by the media because of it all.

I don't know how much longer it will last, but it's fun.
The comparsion would only have merit if he was like 1-15 shooting and his only shot was a last minute buzzer beater to win the game.

Tebow was ass most of the year (yes, QB's that complete sub 50 percent passes in today's game are ass) , Lin on the other hand has played very well.
Page 39 of 205
« First < 293536373839 404142434989139 > Last »
Up