Page 143 of 205
« First < 4393133139140141142143 144145146147153193 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>****OFFICIAL NBA Regular Season Thread****
dirk digler 10:59 AM 12-25-2011
Let's get it on... finally
dirk digler 10:38 AM 08-03-2020
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
I do.

I watched a regular season NBA game the other day which I rarely do.
I missed sports very badly but not enough it seems to watch MLB or soccer. :-)
dirk digler 10:40 AM 08-03-2020
Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy:
I view this season as a farce. No fans, some NBA teams not participating in full season and season gets paused then starts again. I'm not even gonna watch. Will check this thread and ESPN to see what is going on but that is it.
It is going to be like that for every league though and the NBA so far has done the best out of all of them IMHO. Plus I haven't noticed any difference in the play on the court, it still is great basketball.
Deberg_1990 10:54 AM 08-03-2020
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
It is going to be like that for every league though and the NBA so far has done the best out of all of them IMHO. Plus I haven't noticed any difference in the play on the court, it still is great basketball.
At least the NBA and the NHL got lucky and had completed the majority of their season before the COVID.

The MLB season is a joke. Are they planning on officially acknowledging a World Series champion this year? What about if any records are broken like someone hits above .400 or an all time low era? Do they acknowledge that or throw it out?

I’ve also enjoyed the MLS is back tournament. They have done a good job too under the circumstances.
KC_Connection 11:39 AM 08-03-2020
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
Try reading news.

I still can’t believe this clown has a following. He’s completely full of shit and doesn’t believe anything he actually spews (he was a liberal before he realized there was an idiotic base he could exploit).
Pitt Gorilla 12:00 PM 08-03-2020
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
The politics in sports never really bothers me. I didn't mind when it was flyovers and anthems. I still didn't mind when it was kneeling. I don't mind now that it's BLM painted on the court.

I remember a primetime NFL game several years ago. It was in the midst of the all mass shooting madness and Nantz took a couple minutes during halftime to talk about how we need stricter gun control laws to avoid these frequent situations. I'm pro-gun myself and literally did not give a single shit. I happened to come here and read the game thread and a lot of CPers were losing their ****ing minds.. so I've always known this board was full of cry babies.
Pretty much this. Just enjoy the game. I'm not a big commercial guy, either, but I can make it through (or not pay attention) long enough to enjoy the rest of the game.

It's really not nearly as difficult as some are making it out to be.
Pitt Gorilla 12:00 PM 08-03-2020
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
I still can’t believe this clown has a following. He’s completely full of shit and doesn’t believe anything he actually spews (he was a liberal before he realized there was an idiotic base he could exploit).
Travis or Wendler?

:-)
dirk digler 12:15 PM 08-03-2020
The politics in sports never really bothers me. I didn't mind when it was flyovers and anthems. I still didn't mind when it was kneeling. I don't mind now that it's BLM painted on the court.

I remember a primetime NFL game several years ago. It was in the midst of the all mass shooting madness and Nantz took a couple minutes during halftime to talk about how we need stricter gun control laws to avoid these frequent situations. I'm pro-gun myself and literally did not give a single shit. I happened to come here and read the game thread and a lot of CPers were losing their ****ing minds.. so I've always known this board was full of cry babies.
Excellent post and totally agree. Maybe we are in the minority, but I watch sports not for what happens pre-game or post game but for the actual game\competition.
BWillie 12:21 PM 08-03-2020

I don't think it's an unreasonable take to not want to listen to political stuff in sports. Almost all of us, sports are a release from everyday life. I'm not offended by any of this - I just get sick of hearing about it & being preached at.

Any time they start talking about political stuff I change the channel. Just like when I heard Tim Tebow start talking religious I just change the channel. Tribute to the troops celebration at an NFL game. Yawn. Click back once they are done and sports are back on.

Personally, I think it's disingenuous for any business to have a public political affiliation or advocate for any cause one way or another. All they are doing is trying to do is benefit off of political grandeur. All leagues used to do it for veteran appreciation & supporting the military, now they are switching to social justice initiatives. In the end, all they are trying to do is make money and align themselves with whatever the most agreed upon common thought is. I think it is a foolish attempt at advertising, though, as doing either alienates a certain faction of people. Be impartial and professional IMO.
ThaVirus 04:16 PM 08-03-2020
Originally Posted by BWillie:
I don't think it's an unreasonable take to not want to listen to political stuff in sports. Almost all of us, sports are a release from everyday life. I'm not offended by any of this - I just get sick of hearing about it & being preached at.

Any time they start talking about political stuff I change the channel. Just like when I heard Tim Tebow start talking religious I just change the channel. Tribute to the troops celebration at an NFL game. Yawn. Click back once they are done and sports are back on.

Personally, I think it's disingenuous for any business to have a public political affiliation or advocate for any cause one way or another. All they are doing is trying to do is benefit off of political grandeur. All leagues used to do it for veteran appreciation & supporting the military, now they are switching to social justice initiatives. In the end, all they are trying to do is make money and align themselves with whatever the most agreed upon common thought is. I think it is a foolish attempt at advertising, though, as doing either alienates a certain faction of people. Be impartial and professional IMO.
It's not unreasonable at all and you're not really the type of person I was talking about.
notorious 05:07 PM 08-03-2020
It’s really bad for business to mix politics.

You automatically turn off 50% of your audience.

The ratings aren’t lying, either.
DaneMcCloud 05:09 PM 08-03-2020
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
Try reading news.

https://www.insidehook.com/daily_bri...atings-mlb-nba

MLB returned first, so let’s start there. ESPN saw a record audience for the first game back last Thursday: according to The Los Angeles Times, the match-up between the New York Yankees and the defending World Series champion Washington Nationals averaged 4.075 million viewers, the highest for a regular-season game since 2011. Meanwhile, the Giants-Dodgers game that night was ESPN’s highest-rated late-night regular season game ever, averaging 2.76 million viewers, according to SportBusiness.

The NBA, meanwhile, returned on July 30th with a doubleheader that saw strong numbers for TNT. The opener for the season restart between the Utah Jazz and the New Orleans Pelicans saw an average of 2.1 million viewers tune in to see the Jazz pull out the final possession victory. The main event on the evening between the Lakers and Clippers garnered even more viewers, peaking at 4.1 million viewers from 9:45 to 10:45 that evening; as a whole, the game averaged 3.4 million viewers.
DaneMcCloud 05:10 PM 08-03-2020
Originally Posted by notorious:
It’s really bad for business to mix politics.

You automatically turn off 50% of your audience.

The ratings aren’t lying, either.
The ratings are just fine. The ESPN baseball opener's ratings eclipsed any single regular game rating since 2011 and the NBA returned strong as well.

Try reading articles instead of reading someone's agenda on Twitter with false headlines.
DaneMcCloud 05:11 PM 08-03-2020
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
Travis or Wendler?

Is this a trick question?
notorious 05:13 PM 08-03-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
The ratings are just fine.

Try reading articles instead of reading someone's agenda on Twitter with false headlines.
No sports for months and the ratings are fine?

One would expect record numbers........
DaneMcCloud 05:17 PM 08-03-2020
Originally Posted by notorious:
No sports for months and the ratings are fine?

One would expect record numbers........

ESPN's numbers were the highest in NINE YEARS.

The NBA's return was right in line with their numbers. It's not like anyone expected people that don't follow the NBA on a nightly basis to suddenly tune in.

Furthermore, the NBA's numbers don't include streaming or DVR numbers, which will come later this week.
Page 143 of 205
« First < 4393133139140141142143 144145146147153193 > Last »
Up