dirk digler 10:59 AM 12-25-2011
Let's get it on... finally
dirk digler 08:09 AM 08-03-2020
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
Try reading news.

Go look at normal regular season game ratings

Here is 2019.

Originally Posted by :
The NBA season was a mixed bag in the Nielsens, with regular season viewership flat on ESPN/ABC and down double-digits on TNT.

Regular season NBA games averaged 1.99 million viewers across ESPN and ABC, even with last year and up 5% from two years ago.

dirk digler 08:18 AM 08-03-2020
NHL return was flat. Maybe people didn't miss sports that much after all.

Originally Posted by :
The NHL resumed play without the big ratings lift that other leagues have experienced.

Saturday’s Canadiens-Penguins NHL Stanley Cup Qualifier Game 1 averaged a 1.0 rating and 1.54 million viewers on NBC (1.57M including streaming), marking the highest rated and most-watched NHL game of the season, excluding the Winter Classic (Predators-Stars: 1.15, 1.96M).

Compared to NBC’s first primetime game of last year’s playoffs — Maple Leafs-Bruins Game 2 in the first round — ratings were flat and viewership fell 9% (from 1.71M). Montreal’s overtime win peaked with 2.06 million viewers from 11-11:15 PM ET.

Coogs 08:27 AM 08-03-2020
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
ratings are tanking. Thanks BLM.

Between this and no fans, it's not real sports anyway. It's a glorified practice.

No thanks.
Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy:
Injecting politics is a mistake. They better hope MLB and NFL cancel or the NBA numbers will be even more in the shitter.

I am a huge basketball fan, and missing sports in general. My wife and I tuned into the end of the Clippers/Lakers game the first night NBA was back in action.

Then I watched a few minutes of Memphis /Portland, as I wanted to watch Morant. Watched 5 minutes, and turned it off. Haven't turned a game back on since.

Reason: BLM and politics.
Deberg_1990 08:30 AM 08-03-2020
Originally Posted by Coogs:
I am a huge basketball fan, and missing sports in general. My wife and I tuned into the end of the Clippers/Lakers game the first night NBA was back in action.

Then I watched a few minutes of Memphis /Portland, as I wanted to watch Morant. Watched 5 minutes, and turned it off. Haven't turned a game back on since.

I don’t care for the politics, but it’s only the first few Minutes of each sports broadcast.

I can mentally separate the two. I just want to watch sports.
Coogs 08:35 AM 08-03-2020
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
I don’t care for the politics, but it’s only the first few Minutes of each sports broadcast.

I can mentally separate the two. I just want to watch sports.
I watched the postgame interview with Labron. It was mostly politics and BLM.

And I am talented enough to separate the two as well. Just don't need to be force fed BLM with every sideline shot, and every jersey on the floor flaunting it.

To each their own. I'm out on NBA.
ThaVirus 08:47 AM 08-03-2020
The politics in sports never really bothers me. I didn't mind when it was flyovers and anthems. I still didn't mind when it was kneeling. I don't mind now that it's BLM painted on the court.

I remember a primetime NFL game several years ago. It was in the midst of the all mass shooting madness and Nantz took a couple minutes during halftime to talk about how we need stricter gun control laws to avoid these frequent situations. I'm pro-gun myself and literally did not give a single shit. I happened to come here and read the game thread and a lot of CPers were losing their fucking minds.. so I've always known this board was full of cry babies.
dirk digler 08:51 AM 08-03-2020
I watched the postgame interview with Labron. It was mostly politics and BLM.

And I am talented enough to separate the two as well. Just don't need to be force fed BLM with every sideline shot, and every jersey on the floor flaunting it.

To each their own. I'm out on NBA.
Are you going to do the same thing for the NFL because it is coming? You may see Mahomes kneel as well.
Coogs 08:58 AM 08-03-2020
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
Are you going to do the same thing for the NFL because it is coming? You may see Mahomes kneel as well.
Royals games seem normal. :-)
Deberg_1990 09:12 AM 08-03-2020
When MLB started back a few weeks ago the players we’re kneeling with a ribbon thing. Did that stop before each game?

MLS and NHL also has their own unique ways of protesting.
dirk digler 09:14 AM 08-03-2020
The NFL is going to having kneeling (probably), stickers on helmets and doing something with anthem, etc. It is going to be front and center I believe.
Hammock Parties 09:19 AM 08-03-2020
There is no emotion in sports without fans.

Now they have replaced that emotion with woke bullshit.

No thanks.

Get the politics out, get the fans back in, that is a product.

I don't need millionaires practicing a kid's game preaching to me.
Coogs 09:25 AM 08-03-2020
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
When MLB started back a few weeks ago the players we’re kneeling with a ribbon thing. Did that stop before each game?

MLS and NHL also has their own unique ways of protesting.
I'm tapping out after this post.

I don't know. I don't watch the pregame and post game.

I was just pointing out the NBA lost one viewer in me. Don't think they really care about me anyway, and that is fine.

I tuned into the last 1:30 seconds or so of the Lakers/Clippers, so I really did not see much.

The next day I was interested in watching Memphis just because I had heard great things about Morant. I am usually pretty busy during the winter and do not have time to watch much NBA, and Memphis is not on TV a lot anyway, so I am really not all that familiar with their roster. Portland's either for that matter.

Anyway, after 5 minutes of watching, and not being able to easily tell who was who out on the court... a product of BLM... i became frustrated and checked out.

I will tune back in when the NBA returns back to "normal".

And with that, I am done posting in this thread.
Buehler445 09:42 AM 08-03-2020
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
NHL return was flat. Maybe people didn't miss sports that much after all.
I do.

I watched a regular season NBA game the other day which I rarely do.
PAChiefsGuy 10:09 AM 08-03-2020

I view this season as a farce. No fans, some NBA teams not participating in full season and season gets paused then starts again. I'm not even gonna watch. Will check this thread and ESPN to see what is going on but that is it.
BigCatDaddy 10:15 AM 08-03-2020
Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy:
I view this season as a farce. No fans, some NBA teams not participating in full season and season gets paused then starts again. I'm not even gonna watch. Will check this thread and ESPN to see what is going on but that is it.
Yeah, tough to really count this mess.
Page 142 of 205
« First < 4292132138139140141142 143144145146152192 > Last »
Up