ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 107 of 459
« First < 75797103104105106107 108109110111117157207 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official Bushwood Country Club Lounge***
smittysbar 11:49 AM 05-11-2008
Okay, here is a place for the Golfers to talk about tournaments, clubs, swing help or thoughts.

Today is the Players Championship, which I think ought to be the 5th Major. Largest pot in the PGA. The daunting 17th, which seems to bring excitement every year. At least we will get to see Sergio blow up yet again.

I am ready to see some water balls!
[Reply]
smittysbar 05:53 PM 07-23-2009
I have had some knock offs before, not bad at all.
[Reply]
kstater 05:54 PM 07-23-2009
Originally Posted by smittysbar:
I have had some knock offs before, not bad at all.
They're not for the low handicappers, and they lose some distance, but if you lose your ego and club up from normal, they're not bad for the average golfer.
[Reply]
PastorMikH 05:58 PM 07-23-2009
Originally Posted by kstater:
They're not for the low handicappers, and they lose some distance, but if you lose your ego and club up from normal, they're not bad for the average golfer.

Guy I bought my Zing clones from was a decent golfer (probably 4-6 handicap). He wanted the real thing so he sold me his clone set and bought Zings. He told me a few months later he couldn't tell that there was any real difference in the clubs.
[Reply]
smittysbar 09:49 PM 07-23-2009
Originally Posted by PastorMikH:
Guy I bought my Zing clones from was a decent golfer (probably 4-6 handicap). He wanted the real thing so he sold me his clone set and bought Zings. He told me a few months later he couldn't tell that there was any real difference in the clubs.
One thing I would recommend. Take them to a shop and have the loft checked on them. A lot of times with clones, not as much time and precision goes into the making of them and they are off, but can be bent to spec.
[Reply]
PastorMikH 12:37 PM 08-02-2009
One thing I would recommend. Take them to a shop and have the loft checked on them. A lot of times with clones, not as much time and precision goes into the making of them and they are off, but can be bent to spec.

Like my game is good enough to notice the difference between a 30 degree 7, 37 degree 8 and 41 degree 9.

:-):-):-)

Actually, I wanted an attack wedge and couldn't get one as the company had quit making them. I picked up a genuine Taylormade R7 AW and other than degree of loft I can't feel or seen any difference between it and the clones.
[Reply]
PastorMikH 12:47 PM 08-02-2009
Had a good sized local scramble tourney here yesterday. Couldn't sleep this morning so I got up early and went to the course to look for homeless balls. As I was wandering in a plowed field where players with a major slice on one hole tend to put balls, I noticed I kept finding balls like Nike, Callaway, and even a couple Pro V1s.

Finding those exensive balls in major sliceland, I got to thinking that the players hitting those balls aren't good enough to benifit from playing expensive balls and should settle for economy grade choices to send off into never-never land. Then it hits me, a commercial for Top Flight or even Ti-Tech...

[commercial announcer] Let's be honest, our golf balls aren't as good as our competitors. They don't fly quite as far or roll quite as good as those higher priced balls do.

Let's be honest, you really aren't good enough to benifit from playing one of those high-end balls either. Would you rather send a $5 ball to the right into the tall grass or one of our 50 cent balls?

Why not save yourself some money, buy our brand, then take the money you saved and get some lessons.
[/commercial announcer]
[Reply]
Stewie 12:54 PM 08-02-2009
Hit a hole in one Wednesday night. Back tees, 158 yards, 9 iron.

Cool, Smitty.

I made an ace when I was 15 and thought it was no big deal. I've been very close several times but never repeated the feat.

Back then I got all sorts of stuff from both MacGregor (Nicklaus Golden Bear golf ball) and Spalding (clubs) for my achievement. I've heard companies don't do much for acers any more. It's too bad. I still have all that stuff including the certificate verifying the accomplishment.
[Reply]
kstater 03:52 PM 08-02-2009
OK, the coverage today has been hilarious. Earlier, coming back from commercial, they keyed the mic's too early and you could hear some woman from production talking about kissing one of the announcers. Now, I swear they just got Tiger farting loudly.
[Reply]
Coogs 07:59 AM 08-13-2009
Tiger is Even after one hole. Will he stay near the top of the Leaderboard today, or will he be nearly out of the tournament after day one like the rest of the majors this year?
[Reply]
Skip Towne 08:27 AM 08-13-2009
Originally Posted by Coogs:
Tiger is Even after one hole. Will he stay near the top of the Leaderboard today, or will he be nearly out of the tournament after day one like the rest of the majors this year?
What channel?
[Reply]
Coogs 08:32 AM 08-13-2009
Originally Posted by Skip Towne:
What channel?
TNT at 1:00 PM Central Time. I just went to the Leaderboard on ESPN.com to get my info. He is still Even after two (11 was a par 5, Tiger started on the back nine). But he is already 2 shots behind.
[Reply]
Coogs 08:37 AM 08-13-2009
Tiger birdied hole #12 (third hole for him). One shot back.
[Reply]
Coogs 08:45 AM 08-13-2009
Two shots back again, as Rory McIlroy goes to 3 Under after 6 holes.
[Reply]
Coogs 08:55 AM 08-13-2009
-1 through 4 holes. Still two back.
[Reply]
Coogs 09:08 AM 08-13-2009
-1 through five. Still two back. John Mallinger now the leader at -3.
[Reply]
Page 107 of 459
« First < 75797103104105106107 108109110111117157207 > Last »
Up