ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 93 of 3903
« First < 43838990919293 949596971031431935931093 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Mecca 08:58 AM 03-10-2020
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
Yeah old people die from lots of things.

It doesn't mean you need to rush out and stock up on toilet paper bottled water and ammo.
At Costco they just buy all the TP.
[Reply]
KCUnited 08:59 AM 03-10-2020
Originally Posted by Rausch:
So three times as many people have died from this than recovered?
Of those tested and confirmed.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 09:00 AM 03-10-2020
Originally Posted by Fish:
Man, what a waste...

Airlines Are Flying Empty Flights as Travel Demand Plummets Due to Coronavirus

Currently, thousands of planes are flying empty back and forth doing ghost flights during the coronavirus outbreak due to a bizarre and ridiculous rule that forces airlines to use at least 80% of their landing slots or risk losing them.

The “use it or lose it” rule goes like this: an airline must use at least 80% of their allocated slots or it may lose them to rival airlines.

While it makes for a competitive market during regular flights, the decreased demand caused by coronavirus concerns is taking its toll on the aviation industry. With an expectancy of losing $113 billion in revenue this year, airlines are going to extreme measures.

[...]
They pack us in like sardines and treat us like shit in good times. Now they are going to want some sort of bailout.

But, they should suspend that stupid ass rule until this coronavirus runs its course.
[Reply]
Donger 09:08 AM 03-10-2020
Originally Posted by Fish:
Man, what a waste...

Airlines Are Flying Empty Flights as Travel Demand Plummets Due to Coronavirus

Currently, thousands of planes are flying empty back and forth doing ghost flights during the coronavirus outbreak due to a bizarre and ridiculous rule that forces airlines to use at least 80% of their landing slots or risk losing them.

The “use it or lose it” rule goes like this: an airline must use at least 80% of their allocated slots or it may lose them to rival airlines.

While it makes for a competitive market during regular flights, the decreased demand caused by coronavirus concerns is taking its toll on the aviation industry. With an expectancy of losing $113 billion in revenue this year, airlines are going to extreme measures.

[...]
I think that's just Europe.
[Reply]
Gravedigger 09:15 AM 03-10-2020
Yeah we're going to have to bail out the Airline Industry after this whole ordeal, just like with Automotive and Banks, even if a vaccine is only 4-6 months away in a positive outlook, they'll lose too much.
[Reply]
ChiefBlueCFC 09:19 AM 03-10-2020
My work just had a meeting on potentially banning travel and I'm a little irritated with the outcome. We do a lot of travel in general but specifically into and through Seattle (we are sending 3 people there over the next 2 weeks) lately. We're a small company (15 employees) and they've basically said they value money over anything else.

I'm not particularly overly worried about it, given my age and lack of preexisting conditions, but we have a decent amount that are a little older (60+) and have those preexisting conditions.

We have the ability to do our jobs remotely instead of in person and I understand the agreements but I think it shows a complete lack of remorse and an attitude of "it won't happen to us."

I like travel and I enjoy getting out of the office but it's just bothering me a little that it feels like they're not taking this seriously.

Maybe I'm not considering all the things that they are considering, which is entirely possible, but it's just bothering me.
[Reply]
loochy 09:21 AM 03-10-2020
Originally Posted by ChiefBlueCFC:
My work just had a meeting on potentially banning travel and I'm a little irritated with the outcome. We do a lot of travel in general but specifically into and through Seattle (we are sending 3 people there over the next 2 weeks) lately. We're a small company (15 employees) and they've basically said they value money over anything else.

I'm not particularly overly worried about it, given my age and lack of preexisting conditions, but we have a decent amount that are a little older (60+) and have those preexisting conditions.

We have the ability to do our jobs remotely instead of in person and I understand the agreements but I think it shows a complete lack of remorse and an attitude of "it won't happen to us."

I like travel and I enjoy getting out of the office but it's just bothering me a little that it feels like they're not taking this seriously.

Maybe I'm not considering all the things that they are considering, which is entirely possible, but it's just bothering me.
Well that's Fd up considering that you can just do the work remotely...
[Reply]
Sorce 09:23 AM 03-10-2020
Originally Posted by Rausch:
So it's only fatal if you're asian and in your 20's?...
It's particularly deadly to whistle blowers.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Pablo 09:25 AM 03-10-2020

When you get back in from traveling make sure to have a long cough and sneeze filled visit in your boss' office. Hell, try to get their supervisor in as well. Want to make sure you fill them in on every little detail.
[Reply]
Donger 09:28 AM 03-10-2020

If I were you, I'd come up with some reason that they have to come with you guys, and see what they think then.
[Reply]
ChiefBlueCFC 09:33 AM 03-10-2020
Originally Posted by loochy:
Well that's Fd up considering that you can just do the work remotely...
Exactly. The job would be more difficult doing it remotely, given that we aren't there to to look into issues, but it's still possible. It's just a completely shortsighted decision.

My direct supervisor (this wasn't his decision) is going to Seattle today, in like 25 minutes actually. And I know it isn't a given that he or any of us will get it, but it just makes me shake my head.
[Reply]
TLO 09:36 AM 03-10-2020
How have the number of confirmed cases been going over the past few days in the US?

(I'd prefer to see numbers that don't include the cruise ship ppl, if possible)
[Reply]
Msmith 09:50 AM 03-10-2020
Coronavirus Real-time news update

Link: https://thewuhanvirus.com/
[Reply]
Donger 10:00 AM 03-10-2020
Originally Posted by TLO:
How have the number of confirmed cases been going over the past few days in the US?

(I'd prefer to see numbers that don't include the cruise ship ppl, if possible)
On May 4, we had 148 cases
On May 5, we had 221 cases
On May 6, we had 319 cases
On May 7, we had 435 cases
On May 8, we had 541 cases
On May 9, we had 658 cases
Today, we have 761 cases
[Reply]
TLO 10:03 AM 03-10-2020
Originally Posted by Donger:
On May 4, we had 148 cases
On May 5, we had 221 cases
On May 6, we had 319 cases
On May 7, we had 435 cases
On May 8, we had 541 cases
On May 9, we had 658 cases
Today, we have 761 cases
That seems like a pretty steady incline, but I'm not seeing the "doubling" rates that people were discussing previously.
[Reply]
Page 93 of 3903
« First < 43838990919293 949596971031431935931093 > Last »
Up