ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 56 of 79
« First < 6465253545556 5758596066 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Should the Chiefs have drafted Watson over Mahomes?
Deberg_1990 01:08 PM 10-01-2017
Another strong game today for Watson. 3 TDs against the Titans so far.

Kid just seems to have 'It'.

Discuss.....
[Reply]
RealSNR 06:23 PM 01-04-2020
Originally Posted by wazu:
Oh man, that Bills fan shaking his head. I can so relate.
I saw that and laughed. It's almost as good as that Jags fan gif. Maybe better.
[Reply]
stevieray 06:49 PM 01-04-2020
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
It’s ok to acknowledge other teams have great players too.
sure, we all do.

But we don't second guess/compare them to one the top three players to EVER don a Chiefs uni in the process.

Be different if it were NFC QB's.
[Reply]
St. Patty's Fire 06:51 PM 01-04-2020
Watson is a great QB on a mediocre team with a below average head coach.

The 2nd half of this game shows you how great Watson is. I never had any doubt they’d come back in this game because of him.

He’s not Mahomes but that doesn’t make him not great.
[Reply]
tredadda 07:11 PM 01-04-2020
Watson is a good QB and would have been a stud in KC. The kid is just a winner. On that note Mahomes is even better and I am glad KC picked the right QB.
[Reply]
Red Dawg 07:25 PM 01-04-2020
Watson is a loser without Hopkins. He must have top talent.
[Reply]
staylor26 07:49 PM 01-04-2020
Originally Posted by PattyFlakes:
Wasn't just Fatlock either, that seemed to be the general consensus among "draft gurus" :-)
Yea but Whitlock said this after Mahomes was tearing it up last year and we had a better team lol
[Reply]
BWillie 07:53 PM 01-04-2020
Originally Posted by Red Dawg:
Watson is a loser without Hopkins. He must have top talent.
Watson has never been a loser in his life. Ever. He's won everywhere he's gone. He continues to make great decisions and plays. Today is just another example. The kid is a gamer. He doesn't have as much arm talent as Mahomes or guys like Allen but he is a great decision maker and leader.
[Reply]
PHOG 07:54 PM 01-04-2020
PMII
[Reply]
King_Chief_Fan 08:00 PM 01-04-2020
This has been a down year compared to last year for Mahomes, but I stick with Mahomes.

I have high expectations for the playoffs.
[Reply]
Marcellus 08:03 PM 01-04-2020
Simple question, lets say KC and Houston play each other next week, would ANY Chiefs fan switch QB's with Houston?

:-)
[Reply]
tredadda 08:18 PM 01-04-2020
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
Simple question, lets say KC and Houston play each other next week, would ANY Chiefs fan switch QB's with Houston?

:-)
There’s not a QB in this league I would take over Mahomes.
[Reply]
DRM08 08:21 PM 01-04-2020
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
It’s ok to acknowledge other teams have great players too.
Got no problem with that. Deshaun is a very good player. But you started this thread asking if the Chiefs should have drafted Watson instead of Mahomes. I think the answer is NOPE.
[Reply]
BWillie 08:23 PM 01-04-2020
Originally Posted by DRM08:
Got no problem with that. Deshaun is a very good player. But you started this thread asking if the Chiefs should have drafted Watson instead of Mahomes. I think the answer is NOPE.
I will say this. Mahomes had a distinct advantage of being able to sit on year behind a veteran in Alex Smith and be in the QB friendly offense of Andy Reid.

The gap between Mahomes and Watson is probably less than most of you think, but it is still large. If Watson was in our offense, he would be very efficient as well. He would have never thrown 50 TDs, but he would be very lethal.
[Reply]
PHOG 08:26 PM 01-04-2020
Originally Posted by BWillie:
I will say this. Mahomes had a distinct advantage of being able to sit on year behind a veteran in Alex Smith and be in the QB friendly offense of Andy Reid.

The gap between Mahomes and Watson is probably less than most of you think, but it is still large. If Watson was in our offense, he would be very efficient as well. He would have never thrown 50 TDs, but he would be very lethal.
He keeps running, he'll be on borrowed time, just like LJ. One time of being bent over backwards, and neither will be the same, and I think everyone knows it.
[Reply]
DRM08 08:29 PM 01-04-2020
Originally Posted by PHOG:
He keeps running, he'll be on borrowed time, just like LJ. One time of being bent over backwards, and neither will be the same, and I think everyone knows it.
Mahomes has had his share of injury trouble. But he's a better pure passer than either of those guys. So all else being equal in terms of health, I'll take the better pure passer at QB for the next 15 years.
[Reply]
Page 56 of 79
« First < 6465253545556 5758596066 > Last »
Up