ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 8 of 13
« First < 45678 9101112 > Last »
Hall of Classics>What would you do if your neighbor....
petegz28 05:19 PM 01-09-2009
Originally Posted by Sure-Oz:
This is gay
I gotta do something until the wife gets home....:-)
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 05:33 PM 01-09-2009
I still want to see how bright this fucker is, take a picture
[Reply]
petegz28 05:38 PM 01-09-2009
I still want to see how bright this ****er is, take a picture
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=188997

You can look here. I thought I put other sup but can find them right now. These were taken with my litte powershot and it really darkens things, so admitedly it doesn't look as bad as it is.

But can you see it is every bit as bright as the full moon was and a lot closer and right at eye level when you are sitting in my dining room or on the deck.

Notice it is so tall it reaches his 2nd story window. It belongs in a parking lot.
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 05:40 PM 01-09-2009
Originally Posted by petegz28:

You can look here. I thought I put other sup but can find them right now. These were taken with my litte powershot and it really darkens things, so admitedly it doesn't look as bad as it is.

But can you see it is every bit as bright as the full moon was and a lot closer and right at eye level when you are sitting in my dining room or on the deck.

Notice it is so tall it reaches his 2nd story window. It belongs in a parking lot.
That is a big ball of sun in front of their house
[Reply]
petegz28 05:42 PM 01-09-2009
That is a big ball of sun in front of their house
You should see it in person. I do not know how their neighbors right across the streeet tolerate it. But it literally you have to cover your eyes if oyu are sitting on my deck. It is just irritating.
[Reply]
Saul Good 09:15 PM 01-10-2009
Originally Posted by petegz28:

But can you see it is every bit as bright as the full moon
Let's round up a posse and kick his ass...or write him a letter. This can not stand.

The damned light is as bright as the full moon. I don't know how many of you have ever seen a full moon in Olathe, but let me tell you, if you aren't wearing sunblock you're in for the burn of your life.

I know I can't enjoy a few drinks on my deck on a night when the moon is out. It's like staring into the center of the sun.

We've got to make an example of this son of a bitch. Who does he think he is?

...wait...he did exactly what Petegz asked him? Well, he still shouldn't be dating white women. Let's burn a cross on his yard anyway.
[Reply]
petegz28 09:19 PM 01-10-2009
Originally Posted by Saul Good:
Let's round up a posse and kick his ass...or write him a letter. This can not stand.

The damned light is as bright as the full moon. I don't know how many of you have ever seen a full moon in Olathe, but let me tell you, if you aren't wearing sunblock you're in for the burn of your life.

I know I can't enjoy a few drinks on my deck on a night when the moon is out. It's like staring into the center of the sun.

We've got to make an example of this son of a bitch. Who does he think he is?

...wait...he did exactly what Petegz asked him? Well, he still shouldn't be dating white women. Let's burn a cross on his yard anyway.
I am glad to see I am not the only asshole in this thread.
[Reply]
Iowanian 05:51 PM 01-09-2009
I think you should make every effort to be a good neighbor. That goes both ways.

The majority of people are willing to compromise and would be willing to do something to alleviate your discomfort. I'm sure there is something that can be added to the light that will dim your side or block it and still look attractive for their investment.

that said, I do live next to one of those people that asking politely turns into a clusterf@k of dipshittery.

Give them a chance to fix it before you're a dick about it or turn them in. They likely didn't realize it was bothersome to you.

A dimmer bulb would probably fix it too.
[Reply]
Skip Towne 05:53 PM 01-09-2009
Originally Posted by Iowanian:
I think you should make every effort to be a good neighbor. That goes both ways.

The majority of people are willing to compromise and would be willing to do something to alleviate your discomfort. I'm sure there is something that can be added to the light that will dim your side or block it and still look attractive for their investment.

that said, I do live next to one of those people that asking politely turns into a clusterf@k of dipshittery.

Give them a chance to fix it before you're a dick about it or turn them in. They likely didn't realize it was bothersome to you.
Wouldn't frozen paint balls be better?
[Reply]
Iowanian 06:11 PM 01-09-2009
That would be barbaric and uneccessary.
[Reply]
KC Jones 06:25 PM 01-09-2009
It's a crazy thought, but I would try talking to them.
[Reply]
kstater 06:26 PM 01-09-2009
I don't know if this has been posted yet, but it'd probably be best if you just talked to them. They probably don't know it's affecting their neighbors so much. No reason to be a dick and call the cops on them.

And without knowing the guy, you don't want to talk to the big scary black man because you think it'll cause a confrontation?
[Reply]
Bwana 06:48 PM 01-09-2009
Bird Bombs............
[Reply]
Mecca 07:20 PM 01-09-2009
If anyone put up a light that shined into my bedroom window, since I like complete darkness when sleeping, I would be really pissed.

I'd go to court before I felt bad about being a dick because my thought would be, you were a dick first putting up that fucking thing so you get a dick response.
[Reply]
RNR 07:31 PM 01-09-2009
I would try a come to Jesus meeting with him first.
[Reply]
Page 8 of 13
« First < 45678 9101112 > Last »
Up