ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2467 of 3903
« First < 1467196723672417245724632464246524662467 246824692470247124772517256729673467 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 10:16 PM 06-29-2020
Originally Posted by tk13:
Some of that is just the internet. I mean let's be real, there are people in this thread who are legitimately mentally ill because of politics. They have planted their flag in the ground and they aren't going to move. That's the internet.

It was all fun and games when it first started. Now 125,000 people are dead and people are making the same arguments and think it's not a big deal. You'd say it's unbelievable but I guess it's not. A complete lack of compassion for their country or other people. Only for themselves.
That's really ****ing sad.
[Reply]
petegz28 10:20 PM 06-29-2020
Some of that is just the internet. I mean let's be real, there are people in this thread who are legitimately mentally ill because of politics. They have planted their flag in the ground and they aren't going to move. That's the internet.

It was all fun and games when it first started. Now 125,000 people are dead and people are making the same arguments and think it's not a big deal. You'd say it's unbelievable but I guess it's not. A complete lack of compassion for their country or other people. Only for themselves.
Ah so when the media encourages "protests" but bashes an outdoor country music concert, for reasons other than it's country music, they aren't a part of it all?

I don't necessarily disagree with your post but let's not pretend that our media and some of our leaders choose to bash certain things while turning a blind eye to others when both are tantamount to the same thing that we are all supposed to be afraid of.
[Reply]
tk13 10:21 PM 06-29-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
Ah so when the media encourages "protests" but bashes a country music concert, for reasons other than it's country music, they aren't a part of it all?

I don't necessarily disagree with your post but let's not pretend that our media and some of our leaders choose to bash certain things while turning a blind eye to others when both are tantamount to the same thing that we are all supposed to be afraid of.
The media isn't doing this right, I agree, they are underplaying it. 125,000 people are dead. This thing should be in big flashing numbers flying over our heads every single day.

But it's just old people, so who cares. Even though it's not.
[Reply]
TLO 10:26 PM 06-29-2020
Originally Posted by cdcox:
Which figure leads you to that conclusion?
The percentages at the bottom of the study listed in the tables. I may not be reading them correctly. That's why I asked for some assistance.
[Reply]
BWillie 10:26 PM 06-29-2020
Originally Posted by DaFace:
I think that's part of it, but I also think that the internet has created this world in which everyone has a take, and their voices hold near equal weight to those who actually are experts. Fifty years ago, all you could really do would be to listen to your government leaders because who the **** else are you going to ask what they think we should be doing. Today, just think about how much information you know about this situation and where it came from. I guarantee a majority of it came from random people who don't have a clue what they're talking about. That's created a world in which conspiracy theories are given way more attention than they deserve, which then creates more distrust in expertise, which then gives more attention to conspiracy theories....

Add in a nice dose of many leaders contradicting each other, and it's a recipe for everyone saying "**** it." That has consequences, as we're seeing now, but it's not hard to see how we got here.
Definitely. Great post.
[Reply]
petegz28 10:28 PM 06-29-2020
The media isn't underplaying this. 125,000 people are dead. This thing should be in big flashing numbers flying over our heads every single day.

And I posted a study yesterday that said at least half of those deaths are linked to nursing homes. Who put sick people into nursing homes? We could have avoided a lot of those deaths. So let's not act like people just got sick and died and there was nothing that could have been done about it.

And the fact you need to finish your post with a straw man pretty much indicates you know you're bordering on talking shit. It's a bunk straw man and it's bullshit people say when they know they are out of other things to support their take.

You don't get to blame people for being selfish when a Governor allows a person with Covid to be put into or back into a nursing home where just about everyone there is high risk.

So you want to know why people are "selfish" as you put it? Because one day mass riots are being condoned and the next hair cuts are being bashed by the very same people. When your supposed care of the situation is selectively applied then what the **** do you expect from people?
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 10:28 PM 06-29-2020
The media isn't doing this right, I agree, they are underplaying it. 125,000 people are dead. This thing should be in big flashing numbers flying over our heads every single day.

Actually it is pretty much just old people. If it wasn't things would be treated much differently.
[Reply]
tk13 10:30 PM 06-29-2020
Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy:
Actually it is pretty much just old people. If it wasn't things would be treated much differently.
I'm sure they appreciate your concern.
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 10:33 PM 06-29-2020
It is what it is. If younger kids were as vulnerable there would not be all the youth sports and schools starting back up soon. Things would look much different. 80 year olds dying abd 8 year olds dying doesn't have the same impact.
[Reply]
petegz28 10:34 PM 06-29-2020
He has a point. I mean seriously, what do you think the reaction would be say putting a Covid person into say a school vs. a nursing home? When roughly 60,000 deaths are linked to nursing homes meaning both residents and staff and you have Governors who knowingly allowed that to happen you have to wonder how many people died of Covid that might not have? How many people died of Covid because our state leaders (Governors) made some stupid, brain dead decisions?

You and I are not medical experts but I think we both know you don't put a person with a contagious disease in the middle of a bunch of old, sick people and expect things to work out.

But God damn it don't you go get your fucking hair cut!!!!
[Reply]
Monticore 10:35 PM 06-29-2020
Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy:
It is what it is. If younger kids were as vulnerable there would not be all the youth sports and schools starting back up soon. Things would look much different.
Are you positive this isn’t reducing the life expectancy of kids who get it?
[Reply]
petegz28 10:36 PM 06-29-2020
Originally Posted by Monticore:
Okay, that is a bunk argument. You might as well live in perpetual fear if that's your take.
[Reply]
Monticore 10:39 PM 06-29-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
Okay, that is a bunk argument. You might as well live in perpetual fear if that's your take.
Have a link that debunks it?
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 10:39 PM 06-29-2020
You mean like drinking too many large cokes?
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 10:40 PM 06-29-2020
Have a link that debunks it?
You have definitive proof it does?
[Reply]
Page 2467 of 3903
« First < 1467196723672417245724632464246524662467 246824692470247124772517256729673467 > Last »
Up