ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2460 of 3903
« First < 1460196023602410245024562457245824592460 246124622463246424702510256029603460 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
KS Smitty 04:13 PM 06-29-2020
The Kansas Department of Health and Environment says Kansas has 270 COVID-19 related deaths, 6 more than Friday, June 26, and 14,443 positive cases, which is 905 more cases than Friday.
[Reply]
Donger 04:15 PM 06-29-2020
I'm beginning to think this virus is spread by humans.
[Reply]
Strongside 04:16 PM 06-29-2020
Going back to my small KS hometown this weekend. Will be interested to see how many people are NOT wearing masks.

Spoiler alert: It'll be everyone.
[Reply]
KS Smitty 04:17 PM 06-29-2020
Riley County Public Health officials say the county jumped 15 cases since Sunday, June 28, bringing the county total up to 222 positive cases of COVID-19.

The Riley County Health Department says the county has 3 COVID-19 related deaths, 135 active cases and 85 recovered. The majority of patients, according to the Department, have been between the ages of 18 and 35.

The Health Department says that due to younger people tending to have less severe cases, none of the new patients are currently hospitalized.

Ascension Via Christi Hospital in Manhattan says it has one positive patient who is on a ventilator and one inpatient person under investigation.

Riley Co. Public Health Officials said one additional employee at Riley County Emergency Medical Services has tested positive for a total of seven positives associated with that particular outbreak. Two pending results came back negative and one more has been tested. Riley Co. says results will be shared when available and any patients transported by EMS staff that later tested positive will be contacted by the Health Department.

The County is urging those with symptoms of COVID-19 to call the Screening Hotline to speak with a nurse at 785-323-6400.
[Reply]
petegz28 04:20 PM 06-29-2020
She didn't even give a timeline. Sounds like it was pretty off-the-cuff. Texas isn't on the quarantine list for KS yet we all need to wear masks and we aren't seeing any surges??? Again, just the same old shit.
[Reply]
dirk digler 04:20 PM 06-29-2020
God damn...If it weren't for the Chiefs winning the SB this year I would really want to restart this year.

[Reply]
Pants 04:24 PM 06-29-2020
Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy:
Yeah..looks a like a bit over 40 for the month. A little over 1 a day with a median age of 79.
Okay. As I said before, I don't know how that's relevant. The cases are trending up in Kansas towards the very end of the month. The governor decides to implement something to curb the growth in the number of cases.

We know this thing is exponential. The only way to prevent an explosion like some other countries and states in the US have had is to stomp it out early. I hope you understand the way exponential growth works. It's relatively flat in the beginning and then it's not. And it doesn't grow "steady." Eventually, it goes up in a straight line.

This virus kills people with preexisting conditions and the elderly at an alarmingly high rate.

Why would any person not want to protect those demographics in their community is something I am not able to grasp.

I am not even talking about the otherwise-healthy people who would die as a result of an unmitigated case explosion.

Can you please tell me your reasoning?
[Reply]
TLO 04:28 PM 06-29-2020
Originally Posted by vailpass:
Has challenge testing the various vaccines in development been discussed here yet? It seems like an option that should really be considered. You take a group of volunteers, administer vaccine and placebo within the group, then subject them all to the virus and observe. It accelerates the testing process exponentially and is ethical when conducted correctly.

Very interesting.
[Reply]
petegz28 04:29 PM 06-29-2020
Originally Posted by Pants:
Okay. As I said before, I don't know how that's relevant. The cases are trending up in Kansas towards the very end of the month. The governor decides to implement something to curb the growth in the number of cases.

We know this thing is exponential. The only way to prevent an explosion like some other countries and states in the US have had is to stomp it out early. I hope you understand the way exponential growth works. It's flat and then it's not. And it doesn't grow "steady."

This virus kills people with preexisting conditions and the elderly at an alarmingly high rate.

Why would any person not want to protect those demographics in their community is something I am not able to grasp.

I am not even talking about the otherwise-healthy people who would die as a result of an unmitigated case explosion.

Deaths are at < 2 a day for the state of Ks
Hospitals are in no jeopardy at all right now.

I think the question is why she is coming out now with this and didn't even give a timeline. This seems to me to be because some of the areas such as JOCO didn't go along with her buddies across the state line.

I mean how in the fuck do you call for masks and quarantine other states but not Texas? It just doesn't come off as very well thought out.
[Reply]
Donger 04:31 PM 06-29-2020
Cases are trending up and some people are asking why masks are being mandated. There must be a connection...
[Reply]
petegz28 04:31 PM 06-29-2020
It also figures, after spring soccer was canceled my Son was supposed to start summer soccer on Monday. That probably just got axed. Having him wear a mask is one thing. Having him wear one while he is running up and down a soccer field doesn't seem very smart.
[Reply]
sedated 04:34 PM 06-29-2020
Originally Posted by Pants:

We know this thing is exponential. The only way to prevent an explosion like some other countries and states in the US have had is to stomp it out early. I hope you understand the way exponential growth works. It's relatively flat in the beginning and then it's not. And it doesn't grow "steady." Eventually, it goes up in a straight line.

There's no point. Its the nothing more than the flu, only an issue because the media wants something to talk about, and only kills the olds so there is no reason for the rest of us to worry about it.
[Reply]
petegz28 04:35 PM 06-29-2020
Also going to be interesting to see how this impacts day care as well.
[Reply]
petegz28 04:37 PM 06-29-2020
Meanwhile in downtown Detroit....
https://www.facebook.com/80221381134...5651584001610/
[Reply]
TLO 04:40 PM 06-29-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
Meanwhile in downtown Detroit....
https://www.facebook.com/80221381134...5651584001610/
Skip to 17:45 or so for the best part
[Reply]
Page 2460 of 3903
« First < 1460196023602410245024562457245824592460 246124622463246424702510256029603460 > Last »
Up