ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 26 of 382
« First < 162223242526 272829303676126 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>50 Beers to Try Before You Die
NewChief 06:18 AM 04-24-2010
Thought the beer snobs here might like this article (and probably critique the hell out of it).

http://www.wisdeo.com/articles/view_post/2984
(CBS) You've heard of "100 Bottles of Beer on the Wall"?

How about 50 to try before you die?!
Spoiler!

[Reply]
Fish 10:38 PM 08-19-2010
Originally Posted by irishjayhawk:
FWIW, their Porter is average at best.
I've had none of their other offerings. They have an IPA that I've wanted to try..
[Reply]
Simply Red 10:39 PM 08-19-2010
I don't drink.
[Reply]
Reaper16 10:40 PM 08-19-2010
Originally Posted by Simply Red:
I don't drink.
:-)
[Reply]
XXXshogunXXX 04:45 PM 08-20-2010
going to stonefest tomorrow!

http://www.stonebrew.com/anniv/ they have a good list. As always, RR will be there. I thnk younger will be on tap but been there done that.
[Reply]
Reaper16 04:30 PM 08-22-2010
I'm already drunk. I was homebrewing out in the 99 degree heat today. Brewed the cream ale to end all cream ales, along with a very hoppy IPA.

I'm drunk because of all the beer consumed during the brewing process:
homebrewed Mango Wheat
homebrewed Blueberry Wheat
Surly Coffee Bender
Surly Furious IPA
Stone Oaked Arrogant Bastard
Stone Ruination IPA
Founders Centennial IPA
Three Floyds Dreadnaught
[Reply]
Reaper16 09:19 PM 08-26-2010
Tonight: a bottle of 2005-vintage Schneider Aventinus that was aged in a cave for three-four years before being sent to the distributors. Review hyperlinked to beer name as usual.
[Reply]
Toadkiller 09:35 PM 08-26-2010
I was talking to the clerk at the local place and she mentioned they had a few cases of Liefmans kriekbier, 2007. Manged to buy one, for a cherry fruit beer it was amazing. Highly recommend it if you can find it.
[Reply]
Reaper16 10:47 AM 08-29-2010
I started to explore the cheap beers left in my fridge from the party I hosted on Friday. Yuengling Black & Tan is not very good. I described the taste like this: Imagine that you are a college freshman and you're waking up still drunk, with the taste of Miller Lite all up in your mouth. There's still some coffee from yesterday in the pot, so you drink some to try and sober up. THAT is what this beer tastes like.
[Reply]
KC native 12:10 PM 08-29-2010
Tried Stone Cali-Belgique IPA last night. Another great beer from them. I'm a huge fan of their IPA's. They make them awesomely hoppy which makes me happy. The Cali-Belgique was pretty smooth though. A lot less hoppy than Ruination.
[Reply]
Reaper16 01:41 PM 08-29-2010
Originally Posted by KC native:
Tried Stone Cali-Belgique IPA last night. Another great beer from them. I'm a huge fan of their IPA's. They make them awesomely hoppy which makes me happy. The Cali-Belgique was pretty smooth though. A lot less hoppy than Ruination.
That's a darn good beer. Maybe even great depending on one's tolerance for sweetness in a hoppy beer. I don't care for the mouthfeel on it but it seems like a nice choice to pair with food.
[Reply]
irishjayhawk 03:00 PM 08-29-2010
I tried the Cherry infused Lips of Faith. It grew on me as I went but it wasn't anything to write home about.

Having some Bob's 47, the orange Lips of Faith, and Capital Brewing's Blonde Doppelbock tonight.
[Reply]
kstater 03:10 PM 08-29-2010
Revisited Aventinus last night. Great as always. Octoberfest from SA today. Finally a SA product I enjoy. Not a big fan of theirs for some reason.
[Reply]
irishjayhawk 03:12 PM 08-29-2010
Originally Posted by kstater:
Revisited Aventinus last night. Great as always. Octoberfest from SA today. Finally a SA product I enjoy. Not a big fan of theirs for some reason.
Winter, Summer, Black Lager and Oktoberfest (I don't think as highly of their Oktoberfest as many do, but I don't dislike it.) are the only ones I touch. Outside of that, their shit is nasty.
[Reply]
KC native 03:27 PM 08-29-2010
So, went to central market an hour ago and kind of spazzed out.

I picked up

Great Divide's Hercules Double IPA
Great Divide's Yeti Imperial Stout
Avery's Hog Heaven
Bear Republic's Hop Rod Rye (which I've had before and it's awesome)
Delerium Nocturnum
Schneider's Aventinus (had it on tap before, now trying the bottle)
Stone's Ruination

Started with the Hercules. This is a damn good IPA. The malts offset the hops nicely. Nice amber color with lots of carbonation. I will be getting this again when I go back.
[Reply]
KC native 03:29 PM 08-29-2010
Originally Posted by Reaper16:
That's a darn good beer. Maybe even great depending on one's tolerance for sweetness in a hoppy beer. I don't care for the mouthfeel on it but it seems like a nice choice to pair with food.
I would give it a great rating. I really enjoyed it. I didn't think it had much of a mouthfeel. It went down smooth and didn't leave much of an aftertaste.

I agree that it would be good with food. I'm thinking something grilled and spicy and/or smoky.
[Reply]
Page 26 of 382
« First < 162223242526 272829303676126 > Last »
Up