ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 62 of 171
« First < 12525859606162 6364656672112162 > Last »
Media Center>Must Watch Series
Buehler445 08:54 AM 04-26-2012
All this talk about series, how network TV Sucks, and how hard it is to find quality shows, and some excellent shows that fly under the radar, I need a comprehensive review of all the series I need to see.

For good entertainment, I would be willing to buy DVD sets. But I've recently picked up HBOGO by kiping it from my parents, and recently got Netflix and Amazon Prime.

Here is a listing of shows that I currently own or have seen all the episodes of. If it isn't on the list, just assume I haven't seen it.

Spoiler!

Here is a listing of shows that I'm currently watching
Spoiler!

Here is a listing of shows on my list to watch (mostly due to this thread)
Spoiler!

I work a fuckton, so it is hard for me catch a series while it is on to get it on the DVR, but I recognize the entertainment value and am willing to go after the Must See shows. Accordingly, I'm not necessarily looking for anything that is still running. I'm up for watching stuff that has run its course.

So what say you, Planet? Which shows should I see?

UPDATED for the shows I've seen recently.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 02:16 AM 03-20-2020
Originally Posted by Monticore:
I liked umbrella, will have to try Locke, anybody see Killing Eve , I liked it , having a crazy, emphasis on crazy hot assassin helped keep me interested.
It's stylish and intriguing. It's a little bit pulpy/melodramatic if that isn't your style. But if you like location shooting, and cat/mouse intrigue between a sociopathic killing machine and a methodical detective, with a hint of romantic fascination/attraction, it's right up your alley.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 06:14 PM 03-27-2020
Originally Posted by Monticore:
I liked umbrella, will have to try Locke, anybody see Killing Eve , I liked it , having a crazy, emphasis on crazy hot assassin helped keep me interested.
If you're binging, so time to catch up on Killing Eve. Returning early . . .

[Reply]
Nickhead 01:16 AM 04-08-2020
The Wizards of AUS:

quite funny. posting the first episode here, then you can find the rest on youtube :-)
[Reply]
Monkey God 10:37 PM 04-08-2020
On the recommendation from a friend I started watching "Letterkenny" on Hulu. Some of the best laughs I've had in a long time. If you're looking for great comedy check it out.
[Reply]
Nickhead 01:30 AM 04-09-2020
Originally Posted by Monkey God:
On the recommendation from a friend I started watching "Letterkenny" on Hulu. Some of the best laughs I've had in a long time. If you're looking for great comedy check it out.
marinate on that one for a bit :-)

i posted a thread about the show, not knowing there was already a thread about the show. :-)
[Reply]
Sorry 11:27 PM 04-09-2020
Please watch "Dave".
[Reply]
Miles 09:17 PM 04-11-2020
Originally Posted by Nickhead:
marinate on that one for a bit :-)

i posted a thread about the show, not knowing there was already a thread about the show. :-)
I watched the whole show in about a week during this lockdown after a friend told me about it. Sure I’m missing some of the lingo but pretty amusing and some really hot Canadian women helps.
[Reply]
BigBeauford 09:48 AM 04-13-2020
I just have to say, if you haven't seen HBO's Succession, you should correct that mistake post-haste.
[Reply]
Buehler445 12:48 PM 04-13-2020
Originally Posted by BigBeauford:
I just have to say, if you haven't seen HBO's Succession, you should correct that mistake post-haste.
Love succession.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 07:20 AM 04-19-2020
Originally Posted by SAGA45:
Anybody watch Bosch on Amazon? This one of the best written , most realistic cop shows I've ever seen. I just finished a binge of Season 4.
Finally decided to pull the trigger on this one due to quarantine. Thus far, I've gotten through S1 and S2. Solid.

Infatuated with that HHW pad of his. Tumescent even.

[here's a link to the address used. You don't see much of the house from streetside, but slide over a couple yards to see the view you get FROM the house from a nearby clearing]

https://www.google.com/maps/place/18...8gEwAHoECAAQAQ

Also weird is seeing his daughter. Since this was the last time I'd seen her.

Spoiler!

[Reply]
kc rush 07:34 AM 04-19-2020
Just finished season 6 of Bosch. Loved it.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 08:07 AM 04-19-2020
Originally Posted by kc rush:
Just finished season 6 of Bosch. Loved it.
glad to know it holds up, . . . staves off the scramble to find the next binge for a while during this mishegas.
[Reply]
Buehler445 08:29 AM 04-19-2020
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
glad to know it holds up, . . . staves off the scramble to find the next binge for a while during this mishegas.
Yeah don’t quit on it. There are a few lulls but each season has a story that I ended up caring about.

There is some fairly extensive discussion I think in the Prime Video thread. Prolly ought to stay out until you’re through, but the long and short of it is this is a show I wouldn’t normally like. And I don’t know why I do but I dig it man. I wasn’t even a big Titus Welliver fan but he crushes it.

I really recommend sticking it out.
[Reply]
sully1983 09:54 AM 04-19-2020
Sorry haven't read the entire thread but I just noticed Waco is now streaming on Netflix. Its a 6 part mini series that came out on Paramount Network back in 2018 and imo it was incredibly interesting.

Taylor Kitsch is a dead ringer as the cult leader and really surprised me with his acting chops in this one. He was scary good.
Also has Michael Shannon as the lead FBI negotiator and is also quite good.

Definitely a fast binge worthy mini series. I highly recommend it!
[Reply]
keg in kc 02:25 PM 04-21-2020
Just a heads up for fans, season 4 of The Last Kingdom hits Netflix on Sunday.
[Reply]
Page 62 of 171
« First < 12525859606162 6364656672112162 > Last »
Up