ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs Twitter on IOL in the Draft
Tribal Warfare 06:11 PM 04-21-2021

While we bolstered the offensive line during free agency, the competition could get even better with the addition of any of these prospects! pic.twitter.com/FfojMhVX4X

— Kansas City Chiefs (@Chiefs) April 21, 2021

[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 11:17 PM 04-21-2021
Originally Posted by oldman:
I feel we're in good shape at G, but we may want to look at a C if we don't think Allegretti is going to develop. I agree we need to take an OT PDQ.
Just depends what they think of Niang as a LT, because the Teven Jenkins interest would make a fuckload more sense because Teven's a natural OG/RT
[Reply]
Jamie 12:15 AM 04-22-2021
Originally Posted by BossChief:
The only long term answer we have at IOL is Thuney.

Blythe
Long
LDT

All here for 1 year.

Allegreti is signed for 2
That's true, but I'd still put it relatively low in our hierarchy of needs. Which I see as, in order, OT, Edge, WR, CB & LB (tied), then IOL. Personally I wouldn't take an IOL in the first four rounds unless it's crazy value. I'd rather take two tackles and move the worst of the three (of the two plus Niang) inside.
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:16 AM 04-22-2021
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
Just depends what they think of Niang as a LT, because the Teven Jenkins interest would make a fuckload more sense because Teven's a natural OG/RT
Yep.
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:17 AM 04-22-2021
Originally Posted by Halfcan:
We need 3 fatties in this draft and a badass Edge. The war is won in the trenches.
Sweet 6-pound, 8-ounce baby Jesus no.
[Reply]
HemiEd 04-22-2021, 06:16 AM
This message has been deleted by HemiEd.
oldman 07:03 AM 04-22-2021
I know a lot of people are wanting a WR to replace Watkins. But if PMII doesn't have enough time to set up, what's the point? I'm not advocating fatties in round 1, 2, AND 3, but a high pick(s) to protect the franchise is a must.
[Reply]
htismaqe 07:37 AM 04-22-2021
I know a lot of people are wanting a WR to replace Watkins. But if PMII doesn't have enough time to set up, what's the point? I'm not advocating fatties in round 1, 2, AND 3, but a high pick(s) to protect the franchise is a must.
What if the Chiefs think they already have the guys they need? Why spend high draft picks on guys you know will be nothing but depth?
[Reply]
wazu 07:45 AM 04-22-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
What if the Chiefs think they already have the guys they need? Why spend high draft picks on guys you know will be nothing but depth?
If they think that then they are displaying a tragic flaw in their organization. We just lost both our tackles, and both of them were really good to great players. They were also the only thing that worked on that crappy o-line. The Chiefs do NOT have the guys they need. That's why they got into a bidding war for Trent Williams.
[Reply]
htismaqe 08:07 AM 04-22-2021
Originally Posted by wazu:
If they think that then they are displaying a tragic flaw in their organization. We just lost both our tackles, and both of them were really good to great players. They were also the only thing that worked on that crappy o-line. The Chiefs do NOT have the guys they need. That's why they got into a bidding war for Trent Williams.
They didn't get into a bidding war for Williams that we know of. They made him an offer. We don't have any confirmation that we made multiple offers. We only know that San Francisco upped their offer when he was leaning towards KC.

Andy Reid made it sound like the Williams thing was much more opportunity than necessity. He also said that they had plans to make Niang a left tackle.

There's nothing wrong with that. We, as fans, have zero idea how good Niang can be at that spot and if the Chiefs think he's going to be good, there's absolutely no reason to waste draft resources on a left tackle. Take a right tackle since Remmers and Long are on short-term deals or don't take one at all and plug other holes.

This whole idea that they MUST draft a left tackle is the tragic flaw. There's no need that that is so great you just throw common sense out the window and do whatever it takes to fill it.
[Reply]
oldman 08:16 AM 04-22-2021
If they think Niang is good at LT, by all means take a RT. But you just made my point when you stated Remmers and Long are on short term deals. Schwartz isn't coming back and Fisher is most likely history, too. The OTs, right and/or left, must be addressed in this draft.
[Reply]
htismaqe 08:21 AM 04-22-2021
If they think Niang is good at LT, by all means take a RT. But you just made my point when you stated Remmers and Long are on short term deals. Schwartz isn't coming back and Fisher is most likely history, too. The OTs, right and/or left, must be addressed in this draft.
Nope. They're on short-term deals. They can get a RT in free agency or the draft next year and still be fine.

They don't have to do it this year. They don't HAVE to do anything.
[Reply]
O.city 08:23 AM 04-22-2021
Sure, they don't have to do anything. They dont' have to draft any RB's or WR's or DE's either.

But they need to.
[Reply]
htismaqe 08:26 AM 04-22-2021
Originally Posted by O.city:
Sure, they don't have to do anything. They dont' have to draft any RB's or WR's or DE's either.

But they need to.
No they don't.

They don't specifically HAVE to address any position, regardless of need. They could go strictly BPA with every pick and be JUST FINE this season for all we know.

Andy said in his presser that they are okay at the left tackle position. I think back-to-back Super Bowl appearances is enough to warrant some trust that he knows what the fuck he is doing.

We simply cannot afford to keep trading away high picks. We've had 2 first round picks in the last 5 years. That's a collective 3 years of salary we've literally given away and it's not sustainable long-term.
[Reply]
O.city 08:33 AM 04-22-2021
No they don't.

They don't specifically HAVE to address any position, regardless of need. They could go strictly BPA with every pick and be JUST FINE this season for all we know.

Andy said in his presser that they are okay at the left tackle position. I think back-to-back Super Bowl appearances is enough to warrant some trust that he knows what the **** he is doing.

We simply cannot afford to keep trading away high picks. We've had 2 first round picks in the last 5 years. That's a collective 3 years of salary we've literally given away and it's not sustainable long-term.
We took a RB in the first last year. If we wanna talk about value, that's not ideal.

They currently have 1 first round pick on the squad since 2013. I think it's ok.
[Reply]
oldman 08:41 AM 04-22-2021
Back to back SB appearances does show that Andy does know what the fuck he's doing. But you have to admit your QB running for almost 500 yards behind the line of scrimmage in the 2nd SB doesn't say much for your O-line. Not all of the pressure came from the inept play of the front 3.
[Reply]
wazu 08:45 AM 04-22-2021
They didn't get into a bidding war for Williams that we know of. They made him an offer. We don't have any confirmation that we made multiple offers. We only know that San Francisco upped their offer when he was leaning towards KC.

Andy Reid made it sound like the Williams thing was much more opportunity than necessity. He also said that they had plans to make Niang a left tackle.

There's nothing wrong with that. We, as fans, have zero idea how good Niang can be at that spot and if the Chiefs think he's going to be good, there's absolutely no reason to waste draft resources on a left tackle. Take a right tackle since Remmers and Long are on short-term deals or don't take one at all and plug other holes.

This whole idea that they MUST draft a left tackle is the tragic flaw. There's no need that that is so great you just throw common sense out the window and do whatever it takes to fill it.
Agree with not throwing common sense out the window. I'm not sure that the Chiefs will actually have any great options available in this draft without mortgaging everything to move up. I generally trust their judgement. But I also believe they have to see what everybody else sees. They need OTs. Badly. If they come away from this draft without one it is going to really suck.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Up