ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 14
« First < 23456 78910 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Saints WR Michael Thomas is very sensitive
smithandrew051 05:03 PM 06-03-2020
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
Did he offer an alternative?

Is this really the message that needs to be sent right now? Why pick this battle, now of all times?
We agree 100% that Brees’s timing was absolutely terrible for the comment that he made. He has to understand how that particular comment is going to interpreted/received at this moment in time.

That said, I don’t see anything all that controversial about saying you disagree with someone’s method of protest. Just like it’s someone else’s right to protest within the confines of the law, it’s also your right to disagree with said protest.
[Reply]
mr. tegu 07:12 PM 06-03-2020
Did he offer an alternative?

Is this really the message that needs to be sent right now? Why pick this battle, now of all times?

Your poor feelings!
[Reply]
ChiefsFanatic 05:38 PM 06-03-2020
So you should only protest in ways that make no waves?

"Disrespecting the troops" seems like and extremely malleable and arbitrary standard to me. If kneeling, which Kaep specially said he was doing out of respect for the troops, is disrespectful to the troops or flag - then why isn't "Home of the CHIEFS"? Who makes these rules? Oh wait, I know who.
I know it's an unpopular opinion, but I think kneeling during the Anthem to protest racial injustice is one of the most American things that an athlete can do.

Soldiers sacrificed, and sometimes gave their lives to protect the rights of American citizens. Exercising the rights that so many fought for is honoring those that sacrificed, not disrespecting them.

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Baby Lee 05:50 PM 06-03-2020
Originally Posted by ChiefsFanatic:
I know it's an unpopular opinion, but I think kneeling during the Anthem to protest racial injustice is one of the most American things that an athlete can do.

Soldiers sacrificed, and sometimes gave their lives to protect the rights of American citizens. Exercising the rights that so many fought for is honoring those that sacrificed, not disrespecting them.

That should make the Westboro Baptists protesting at military funerals the MOST PATRIOTIC EVER!!
[Reply]
ChiefsFanatic 06:04 PM 06-03-2020
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
That should make the Westboro Baptists protesting at military funerals the MOST PATRIOTIC EVER!!
No one was kneeling directly on a grave. There is such a thing as context, don't be obtuse.

Mocking the death of a fallen soldier is within the rights protected by the first amendment. And I wouldn't have a problem if they rolled up an hour after the burial, and protested, but because the members of the soldier's family are directly harmed by the protests, I have an issue with it.

But, I have never heard nor seen any family members of fallen soldiers talking about the pain and anguish that kneeling football players are causing them directly, and to my knowledge no family member of a fallen soldier has ever said so in any interview.

[Reply]
Al Bundy 07:10 PM 06-03-2020
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
Talk about making a huge stretch.......
[Reply]
Mecca 03:58 PM 06-03-2020
The problem here is what Brees said came off as really tone deaf since the kneeling had jack shit to do with the flag or the military. He completely spun it into something it wasn't and that's what he's getting smacked around for by other athletes.
[Reply]
dj56dt58 04:55 PM 06-03-2020
Originally Posted by Mecca:
The problem here is what Brees said came off as really tone deaf since the kneeling had jack shit to do with the flag or the military. He completely spun it into something it wasn't and that's what he's getting smacked around for by other athletes.
It does when you do it during the anthem dumbass. Apparently you have to agree with how black people protest or they get butt hurt. This whole thing turned into a joke once the riots started. There are a lot of protestors out there doing it the right way but they are being overshadowed now
[Reply]
staylor26 05:02 PM 06-03-2020
Originally Posted by dj56dt58:
It does when you do it during the anthem dumbass. Apparently you have to agree with how black people protest or they get butt hurt. This whole thing turned into a joke once the riots started. There are a lot of protestors out there doing it the right way but they are being overshadowed now
That’s the thing. This is on the messenger for having a method of protest that made no sense and completely changed the conversation.

Between the pig socks, the Castro shirt (and defense of him/it), AND the kneeling fiasco it’s pretty obvious that Kaep is disingenuous and a terrible messenger.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 05:27 PM 06-03-2020
Originally Posted by Mecca:
The problem here is what Brees said came off as really tone deaf since the kneeling had jack shit to do with the flag or the military.
So why kneel during the National Anthem?

Take a knee on the first play on offense, take a knee during the coin toss... why take a knee during the brief part of a 3+ hour game when attention/respect is specifically directed to the flag if his protest has “jack shit” to do with the flag?
[Reply]
Jerok 04:14 PM 06-03-2020
Better put your money on the Bucs to win that divison
[Reply]
Red Dawg 04:21 PM 06-03-2020
Jim Brown says the samr thing. But he's black so its ok. Most won't kneel because its worthless to do and stupid.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 04:31 PM 06-03-2020
Malcom Jenkins just ripped Drew Brees a new asshole.

That team is going to have problems this season.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 04:33 PM 06-03-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:

Yeah. Spoke in the past tense about being friends and having respect for him, then finished it off with a nice 'shut the fuck up'.
[Reply]
Easy 6 04:36 PM 06-03-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:

Drew should take them on a tour of all the homes he’s built for the impoverished minorities down there, then show them a statement from his accountant regarding all of his charity contributions
[Reply]
Page 6 of 14
« First < 23456 78910 > Last »
Up