ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1810 of 3903
« First < 810131017101760180018061807180818091810 181118121813181418201860191023102810 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
limested 08:45 AM 05-04-2020
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
:-) wonder what the spin from those people will be when the economy doesnt magically bounce back and theres a relapse with the virus
That the damage was already done by making bad decisions and shutting down the first time.
[Reply]
DaFace 08:46 AM 05-04-2020
Originally Posted by Donger:
Employees violated the stay at home order, as in they were symptomatic and went to work anyway?
It's not clear to me what the violation was, but it reads more like it's an issue with maintaining distances, face coverings, etc.
[Reply]
petegz28 08:46 AM 05-04-2020
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
We are still going to have many more deaths according to everyone.
We are going too. The question is how any and how fast? The problem I have is it just feels like people keep changing the end game target. We wanted increased testing and we knew that would raise the number of cases but also shrink the CFR. We extrapolate multiple times a week how many people "really" have this which increases the number of cases and shrinks the CFR. We are seeing a very significant difference between asymptomatic and symptomatic people and we get scared that the asymptomatic MAY get symptomatic as well as spread the disease. We see clustered areas inflate the case counts such as nursing homes, meat plants and prisons and project that to be the same as everywhere else.

In the end it has gone from flattening the curve to prevent our hospitals from being overrun to slowing the spread to now I guess we can't go outside until it is all gone?

To me it just seems like we are spinning our wheels and suffering paralysis by analysis.

Too many people are looking at things strictly from a medical perspective.
Too many people are looking at things strictly from an economic perspective.

Neither is going to get exactly what they want and both are going to cause the other some degree of harm.
[Reply]
ChiliConCarnage 08:47 AM 05-04-2020
Who is advocating for no mitigation? Here you are arguing a point nobody has made again. Sweden did mitigation.
Sorry for the thumbs down. Wasnt due to your post, was just trying to scroll the iPad and finger touched it apparently:-)
[Reply]
Donger 08:47 AM 05-04-2020
Who is advocating for no mitigation? Here you are arguing a point nobody has made again. Sweden did mitigation.
Some people did early on. I think you were one of them.

Anyway, yes Sweden has enacted some restrictions. But not as robust as we have.
[Reply]
Marcellus 08:51 AM 05-04-2020

What anyone advocated for 6 weeks ago has no bearing on what I said today or this conversation concerning Sweden's approach vs ours but thanks for playing.
[Reply]
petegz28 08:51 AM 05-04-2020

And the difference between us and them is likely to be largely in their favor in the long run.
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 08:52 AM 05-04-2020
Originally Posted by limested:
I think if we open up and it starts exploding again it will destroy the economy worse than it already has.

Trying to get people back to work has nothing to do with what is best and getting back to normal. It is all about greed and getting people off unemployment.
It's a balance, and we are unfortunately seeing the other side... 30,000,000 unemployed and growing, can't keep printing money after this first wave...
Suicides prevention calls, domestic violence calls up significantly, and child welfare and abuse cases down substantially(not good as they aren't being observed by others). This is just the toll on Americans. The depression continued isolation would bring to America and to the World would be devestating to 100's of millions around the world, particularly those in developing nations.
[Reply]
O.city 08:53 AM 05-04-2020
It didn’t have to be that way though. If we’d have had our shit together and tested and traced early we could have been better off
[Reply]
DaFace 08:53 AM 05-04-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
We are going too. The question is how any and how fast? The problem I have is it just feels like people keep changing the end game target. We wanted increased testing and we knew that would raise the number of cases but also shrink the CFR. We extrapolate multiple times a week how many people "really" have this which increases the number of cases and shrinks the CFR. We are seeing a very significant difference between asymptomatic and symptomatic people and we get scared that the asymptomatic MAY get symptomatic as well as spread the disease. We see clustered areas inflate the case counts such as nursing homes, meat plants and prisons and project that to be the same as everywhere else.

In the end it has gone from flattening the curve to prevent our hospitals from being overrun to slowing the spread to now I guess we can't go outside until it is all gone?

To me it just seems like we are spinning our wheels and suffering paralysis by analysis.

Too many people are looking at things strictly from a medical perspective.
Too many people are looking at things strictly from an economic perspective.

Neither is going to get exactly what they want and both are going to cause the other some degree of harm.
To me, the goal was always to get the spread under control, which means a steady decline in cases. Even the official guidance from the feds says that it should be seen over 14 days.

We just aren't seeing it yet, which is where I start to get concerned again.
[Reply]
stevieray 08:56 AM 05-04-2020
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Everytime someone posts something like that, all I can think of is, you know the virus isn't like say a military opponent, standing up and saying stuff like that doesn't make you noble or patriotic.
Being noble and patriotic has nothing to do with it.

Life HAS to move forward, and it will., regardless if you want to spend you life in fear.
[Reply]
DaFace 08:57 AM 05-04-2020
Originally Posted by stevieray:
Being noble and patriotic has nothing to do with it.

Life HAS to move forward, and it will., regardless if you want to spend you life in fear.
Well, except for all the dead people. :-)
[Reply]
Donger 08:58 AM 05-04-2020
What anyone advocated for 6 weeks ago has no bearing on what I said today or this conversation concerning Sweden's approach vs ours but thanks for playing.
So, we should have been like Sweden and not implemented such draconian mitigation efforts. Yet, their death rate is much worse than ours.

Is that right?
[Reply]
stevieray 08:59 AM 05-04-2020
Originally Posted by limested:
Again. You are ****ing clueless. You spout shit off you have no clue about.
That's not a rebuttal.
[Reply]
Donger 08:59 AM 05-04-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
And the difference between us and them is likely to be largely in their favor in the long run.
So I've herd.
[Reply]
Page 1810 of 3903
« First < 810131017101760180018061807180818091810 181118121813181418201860191023102810 > Last »
Up