ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 5
< 12345
Media Center>HBO The Outsider
SAGA45 10:12 AM 01-13-2020
This is pretty good. Slow burn...creepy as hell. Great acting everywhere.
[Reply]
Talisman 03:15 PM 03-05-2020
Originally Posted by SAGA45:
I think Holly realized it when the creature tried to get Hoskins to off her. Also, as viewers we saw it when the creature was constantly etching "Stop Her" on the back of Hoskins' hands. I believe Holly assumed if the creature can use Hoskins to "see" then it naturally has the same connection with whomever it copies.
But Hoskins is under direct control of the creature, not the person who is being cloned.

It's also a bit weird to see the affect the "link" is having on the strip club guy (acting paranoid, throwing up) given that we didn't see any of that behavior from Jason Bateman's character when his copy was running around. He was going to conferences, baking pancakes and coaching baseball.
[Reply]
SAGA45 01:42 PM 03-07-2020
Originally Posted by Talisman:
But Hoskins is under direct control of the creature, not the person who is being cloned.
But like Hoskins, the person being cloned is still 'linked' to the creature through whatever DNA it uses from the scratch. Therefore, ability to see what the cloned person see is reasonably within the scope of creatures powers.

Originally Posted by Talisman:
It's also a bit weird to see the affect the "link" is having on the strip club guy (acting paranoid, throwing up) given that we didn't see any of that behavior from Jason Bateman's character when his copy was running around. He was going to conferences, baking pancakes and coaching baseball.
The major difference there is the strip club guy is aware that the monster exists, has copied him and is in his head whereas Bateman's character was completely unaware anything like that happened to him. He STILL doesn't know.

So the strip club guy vomiting and being paranoid, I think, is moreso due to his own psychological reaction to KNOWING than any effect the creature is having on him.
[Reply]
cosmo20002 09:45 PM 03-08-2020
Wow, that really sucked.
[Reply]
L.A. Chieffan 11:35 AM 03-09-2020
Bummer..had potential
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 03:59 PM 03-09-2020
What did the PC scene mean?
[Reply]
comochiefsfan 08:44 PM 03-09-2020
Most disappointing finale since Game of Thrones.

What a fucking dud.
[Reply]
Talisman 07:14 AM 03-10-2020
I was falling asleep at the end. I know it's been a slow burn, but man, the ending just dragged out.
[Reply]
SAGA45 09:00 AM 03-10-2020
Originally Posted by Sure-Oz:
What did the PC scene mean?
It was odd. Not sure when or she got scratched. Have to go back and watch it again. She said it takes an outsider tk know an outsider. They snuck somethin in there about Holly.
[Reply]
Talisman 11:30 AM 03-10-2020
Not sure about the post-credit scene, but the whole "Let's do this again sometime" seemed to set it up for another season of them investigating something else together. I guess she's the Mulder in the relationship. They could actually improve the pacing if they were investigating two or three cases during a season instead of one that's full of slow motion shots of people deep in thought.

[Reply]
KCUnited 08:01 AM 03-11-2020
This thing had been limping out but they still had me until El Cuco became visible. I'm sure that's not an easy concept to make visual, but woof, most non-terrifying monster scene ever.
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 10:15 AM 03-11-2020
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
This thing had been limping out but they still had me until El Cuco became visible. I'm sure that's not an easy concept to make visual, but woof, most non-terrifying monster scene ever.
Was hoping they'd show a true form
[Reply]
Baby Lee 11:04 AM 03-11-2020
Not a great show. It was well scripted and well acted, but had a flawed foundation.

It's like, rather than telling a story, they were 'going for something.' That something being an ineffable struggle between rationality and the supernatural, and the plodding dread that accompanies the recognition that some things cannot be explained.
I can see how they were excited to tackle it, but it's the same old shit with King. Fascinating premise that peters out like a wet fart.
The actors did their best, but they started with an idea without a resolution.
[Reply]
Talisman 02:15 PM 03-11-2020
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
They didn't even show some crazy eyes or sharper than normal teeth. It was just Claude, the strip club guy. They at least hinted at its facial changes right before it got its head crushed, but it was too little too late.

If they were going to go with the look-exactly-alike angle, they should have at least done a switcheroo at the end. Claude is killed in the partial cave collapse and the creature switches shirts with him so the hole from the shotgun blast shows on the dead guy. Creature wedges his leg under a rock and waits for rescue. Of course none of that is revealed to us until the end when Claude returns to his house and is splashing some water on his face. He looks up at the mirror and then we get one of those facial changes. At least then there would have been a reason for the ho-hum human appearance of this horribly dangerous beast.
[Reply]
Page 5 of 5
< 12345
Up