ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 9 of 70
« First < 56789 101112131959 > Last »
Media Center>Star Trek Picard
Frazod 11:27 AM 06-20-2018
http://www.denofgeek.com/us/tv/star-...in-development

Star Trek: The Next Generation Reboot With Patrick Stewart Reportedly in Development

Rumors of the Picard-centric reboot come amid Alex Kurtzman extending his CBS contract for a planned expansion of the Star Trek TV universe.

According to a THR article, there are unconfirmed rumors that CBS TV Studios is developing a Star Trek reboot starring Patrick Stewart in which he would reprise his The Next Generation role as Captain Jean-Luc Picard. According to THR's sources, Alex Kurtzman and Akiva Goldsman are attached to the potential reboot. Not only is this an unconfirmed project, but THR's sources also say that the deal is far from complete and might not happen. Still, this would be huge news for Star Trek fandom—however you might feel about a Picard-centric reboot.

The rumors of the Picard reboot come amidst Kurtzman renewing his overall deal with CBS Television Studios, extending his contract by five years. This will keep him in partnership with the studio through 2023, for a reported $5 million per year.

Kurtzman was recently made sole showrunner of Star Trek: Discovery following the dismissal of previous co-showrunners Aaron Harberts and Gretchen Berg who left amidst reports of bullying behavior in the writers room. Goldsman, who served as an executive producer on Season 1 of Discovery, also left the show, reportedly due to a clash with the writing staff in terms of management style and personality, so it's interesting that he is still attached to the potential Picard-centric reboot.

In addition to his work on Star Trek: Discovery, Kurtzman's extended deal with CBS Television Studios will include an expansion of the Star Trek franchise on the small screen, including the development of new series, miniseries, and other content, including animation.

While this generally seems like good news for the Star Trek universe, it may also be disappointing, depending on what kind of Star Trek fan you are. While the move represents a reinvestment in the Star Trek TV universe, Kurtzman is not known for critical success. Previously, he has co-written the scripts for Transformers, Star Trek, Star Trek Into Darkness, and The Amazing Spider-Man 2. More recently, he directed and co-wrote The Mummy. Not exactly the kind of nuanced science fiction writing Star Trek has, at its best, historically represented.

More news on the expanded Star Trek TV universe as we hear it.
[Reply]
notorious 10:25 AM 07-25-2019
Meh.

I am worried. I know that the old way of Star Trek won’t work anymore, but please don’t make this what I think it’s going to end up being.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 10:26 AM 07-25-2019
What do you think it's going to end up being?

The Star Trek version of Rey?
[Reply]
notorious 10:33 AM 07-25-2019
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
What do you think it's going to end up being?

The Star Trek version of Rey?
Like every other science fiction action shit that gets pooped out.

Love Patrick Stewart, my gut tells me they needed a draw and they are using him to fool people into thinking this will be like the old Star Trek.
[Reply]
notorious 10:33 AM 07-25-2019
Oh, 7 of 9 is still sweltering hot.
[Reply]
Mennonite 11:30 AM 07-25-2019
The writing and camera work on Discovery are awful. It won't matter how good the acting is or how fun the guest appearances are if they don't fix those problems.

Unless Seven whips out her milf (BILF?) titties in which case you can ignore my previous comment.
[Reply]
Predarat 05:59 PM 07-25-2019
That trailer made it seem like an actual film but its on just another damn pay to stream site.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 05:13 PM 07-26-2019
Originally Posted by kc rush:
Did not want to get CBS, but this looks too good. Going to have to break down.
Every media conglomo wants your $8-$10 a month which isnt much but when you have to purchase 4-5 of these to watch the shows you want to watch + have some kind of cable anyway... it adds up real quick.
[Reply]
007 05:40 PM 07-26-2019
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Every media conglomo wants your $8-$10 a month which isnt much but when you have to purchase 4-5 of these to watch the shows you want to watch + have some kind of cable anyway... it adds up real quick.
That's why I wait until the entire season is available and stream on a 2 week free deal.
[Reply]
listopencil 11:53 PM 07-26-2019
Originally Posted by 007:
That's why I wait until the entire season is available and stream on a 2 week free deal.

[Reply]
Frazod 03:40 PM 10-05-2019
New trailer just dropped three hours ago. More familiar faces!

[Reply]
Sure-Oz 04:06 PM 10-05-2019
Would love to watch this if it was free
[Reply]
Frazod 04:07 PM 10-05-2019
Originally Posted by Sure-Oz:
Would love to watch this if it was free
Well, I paid for Discovery. I'll damn sure pay for this.
[Reply]
keg in kc 05:30 PM 10-05-2019
I love that he called his dog number one.

Jonathan Frakes looked... old. Their interaction was great, though.
[Reply]
keg in kc 05:47 PM 10-05-2019
So I'm not sure how this is supposed to work, but I just read a blurb about the Romulan characters, and the events of the 2009 Star Trek are still canon. Meaning Romulus is gone. I don't know how they can do that while also having TNG events, and stuff from ST Nemesis also be canon.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 05:52 PM 10-05-2019
God damn this looks awesome.
[Reply]
Page 9 of 70
« First < 56789 101112131959 > Last »
Up