« First < 51112131415 161718 >
Media Center>Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows pt 2 trailer
DBOSHO 10:15 AM 04-30-2011
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_kDb...e_gdata_player

Looks intense. Im really looking forward to this. SMD if repost
[Reply]
JD10367 06:08 PM 07-17-2011
Originally Posted by DaFace:
Strongly agree. That felt just as out of place in the movie as it did in the books.
I disagree. I liked the epilogue in the book (which was translated to the movie with less exposition, although it would've been nice if they'd mentioned Remus's kid). It was Rowling's way of looping the whole thing back around again and making it timeless, and it was also her way of showing that the kids successfully paired off and moved into adulthood, and it was also her way of definitely saying she was NOT continuing the story of these three kids again.
[Reply]
JD10367 08:28 AM 07-18-2011
According to reports, the film had the biggest opening weekend ever, beating "The Dark Knight". However, IMO the dropoff on this film is going to be tremendous. I think half the fans saw it this weekend, and the other half will see it this week at night and on the weekend, and it'll pretty much be done. I don't see a lot of repeat business (whereas with "TDK" and "Avatar" we had the same people coming back two, three times to see it again). Granted, it's a 10:00am Monday show, but right now I only have about 25 people in my "HP7B" IMAX crowd.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 09:20 AM 07-18-2011
Just picked up Deathly Hallows. Damn, paperbacks are $9 now? I remember when they were all $5.
[Reply]
Lex Luthor 09:37 AM 07-18-2011
Originally Posted by RustShack:
Spoiler!
Spoiler!

[Reply]
luv 09:43 AM 07-18-2011
Originally Posted by Red 5:
Just picked up Deathly Hallows. Damn, paperbacks are $9 now? I remember when they were all $5.
Have you read the rest of the series? If not, you may get a little lost, I would think. There are several other story lines that did not show up in the movies that are referred to in that book.
[Reply]
Lex Luthor 09:51 AM 07-18-2011
I saw the movie last night. I didn't really like Part I all that much, so I wasn't expecting that much from Part II.

I loved it. It was much better than I expected it to be. There was a lot of action, none of the annoying and boring scenes like in Part I, and the movie was faithful to what I considered to be the most important scenes in the book.

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Hammock Parties 10:22 AM 07-18-2011
Originally Posted by luv:
Have you read the rest of the series? If not, you may get a little lost, I would think. There are several other story lines that did not show up in the movies that are referred to in that book.
Yes. DH is the only one I haven't read.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 10:29 AM 07-18-2011
Originally Posted by JD10367:
According to reports, the film had the biggest opening weekend ever, beating "The Dark Knight". However, IMO the dropoff on this film is going to be tremendous. I think half the fans saw it this weekend, and the other half will see it this week at night and on the weekend, and it'll pretty much be done. I don't see a lot of repeat business (whereas with "TDK" and "Avatar" we had the same people coming back two, three times to see it again). Granted, it's a 10:00am Monday show, but right now I only have about 25 people in my "HP7B" IMAX crowd.
Yea...its extremely front loaded. Probably doesnt have the long lasting play of Avatar or Dark Knight.
[Reply]
Lex Luthor 12:28 PM 07-18-2011
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
Yea...its extremely front loaded. Probably doesnt have the long lasting play of Avatar or Dark Knight.
I think it will do OK. Part I wound up grossing over $950 million, and Part II is a much better movie. I wouldn't be surprised at all to see this movie gross over a billion dollars.

I agree that it probably won't beat Avatar, but that's pretty stiff competition considering that Avatar is the top grossing movie of all time. Dark Knight barely beat out Part I, so I think Part II will wind up beating it.
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 12:29 PM 07-18-2011
Am I the only person that came away from Harry Potter with a decidedly "Meh" feeling about it? I must have missed something.

I was underwhelmed. It was decent, don't get me wrong... I just felt like, "Really? Seven movies was leading up to this? Um ... OK."

I'm going to give the books a try later on, but not right now. The last movie kinda left me lukewarm to the entire series.
[Reply]
JD10367 12:34 PM 07-18-2011
Originally Posted by Brainiac:
I agree that it probably won't beat Avatar, but that's pretty stiff competition considering that Avatar is the top grossing movie of all time. Dark Knight barely beat out Part I, so I think Part II will wind up beating it.
"TDK" beat "Part 1" by $50M worldwide ($1B vs. $950M) but kicked its ass in the US ($533M vs. $295M). In the US, "Avatar" is at #1 ($760M), "TDK" is #3, and "Part 1" is way down at #39.

http://www.imdb.com/boxoffice/alltimegross

I just don't see this film having a repeat business.
[Reply]
luv 12:46 PM 07-18-2011
"TDK" beat "Part 1" by $50M worldwide ($1B vs. $950M) but kicked its ass in the US ($533M vs. $295M). In the US, "Avatar" is at #1 ($760M), "TDK" is #3, and "Part 1" is way down at #39.

I think there may be a lull, but I wonder if some people might just be waiting until they think the theaters won't be as packed to go see it. Also, I think there may be some (such as myself) who might have seen it in 3D the first time who go back to watch it in 2D, or vice versa.
[Reply]
Lex Luthor 12:58 PM 07-18-2011
Originally Posted by luv:
I think there may be a lull, but I wonder if some people might just be waiting until they think the theaters won't be as packed to go see it. Also, I think there may be some (such as myself) who might have seen it in 3D the first time who go back to watch it in 2D, or vice versa.
I'd be surprised if any theater is packed after opening night, because it's playing on so many screens simultaneously.

My wife wanted to get reserved seating at one of the theaters around here. I checked and found that there was a total of over 50 different showings on Sunday in the three theaters that are within a few miles of our house. So we went last night and had no problem as there were lots of empty seats. (We didn't get reserved seating).
[Reply]
Lex Luthor 01:05 PM 07-18-2011

I was speaking worldwide. I just think Part 2 is a much better movie than Part 1, so I would expect it to make more money.

Of course, what do I know? I thought Green Lantern was one of the best movies I'd seen in a long time, and it turned out be a box office flop.
[Reply]
DaFace 04:23 PM 07-18-2011
Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy!:
Am I the only person that came away from Harry Potter with a decidedly "Meh" feeling about it? I must have missed something.

I was underwhelmed. It was decent, don't get me wrong... I just felt like, "Really? Seven movies was leading up to this? Um ... OK."

I'm going to give the books a try later on, but not right now. The last movie kinda left me lukewarm to the entire series.
Not to that extent, but I know what you mean. The entire battle scene on for me was a little disappointing compared to the books. The long, drawn out battle scene worked great in the books, where you expect things to take quite a bit of time in the "real world." But the climax of the entire series in the movies was pretty "Oh...he's dead now? Well, OK then." to me. Not sure how they could have kept it more exciting without going away from the book story, but it did feel a bit lacking.
[Reply]
Page 15 of 18
« First < 51112131415 161718 >
Up