ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 31 of 31
« First < 212728293031
Media Center>Star Wars: The Mandalorian
Hammock Parties 08:33 PM 10-04-2018
Jon Favreau is directing this live-action TV series.

Looks TIGHT.

Originally Posted by :
Production on the first Star Wars live-action streaming series has begun!

After the stories of Jango and Boba Fett, another warrior emerges in the Star Wars universe. The Mandalorian is set after the fall of the Empire and before the emergence of the First Order. We follow the travails of a lone gunfighter in the outer reaches of the galaxy far from the authority of the New Republic.

The series will be written and executive produced by Emmy-nominated producer and actor Jon Favreau, as previously announced, with Dave Filoni (Star Wars: The Clone Wars, Star Wars Rebels) directing the first episode.

Additional episodic directors include Deborah Chow (Jessica Jones), Rick Famuyiwa (Dope), Bryce Dallas Howard (Solemates), and Taika Waititi (Thor: Ragnarok).

It will be executive produced by Jon Favreau, Dave Filoni, Kathleen Kennedy, and Colin Wilson. Karen Gilchrist will serve as co-executive producer. Stay tuned to StarWars.com for updates.

[Reply]
keg in kc 07:05 PM 04-05-2020
I'm probably dropping disney+ after the clone wars ends, until Mando returns. Just nothing there for me right now.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 08:17 PM 04-05-2020
Originally Posted by keg in kc:
I'm probably dropping disney+ after the clone wars ends, until Mando returns. Just nothing there for me right now.
I don't blame you, especially since all of the Marvel TV shows have been delayed and the Obi Wan and Cassian Andor shows won't debut until 2021 at the very earliest.

It's fairly impressive how quickly Disney was able to put together the Disney+ app, void most of their Star Wars licensing deals, pull content from Netflix, Amazon, TBS and others while converting a massive catalog to 4K.

But what's been far less than impressive is the availability of new content, which is the main draw for probably a good 35% of their subscribers. With current work environment being restricted, this will only hurt their subscriber base and cash flow, which is already reeling due to the shutdown of their parks division.

It's not a good time to be the CEO of Disney.
[Reply]
Buehler445 10:45 PM 04-05-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
I don't blame you, especially since all of the Marvel TV shows have been delayed and the Obi Wan and Cassian Andor shows won't debut until 2021 at the very earliest.

It's fairly impressive how quickly Disney was able to put together the Disney+ app, void most of their Star Wars licensing deals, pull content from Netflix, Amazon, TBS and others while converting a massive catalog to 4K.

But what's been far less than impressive is the availability of new content, which is the main draw for probably a good 35% of their subscribers. With current work environment being restricted, this will only hurt their subscriber base and cash flow, which is already reeling due to the shutdown of their parks division.

It's not a good time to be the CEO of Disney.
Is that why Iger exited stage left? I mean he left before the virus wrecked life for his parks, but nonetheless.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 03:46 PM Yesterday
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Is that why Iger exited stage left? I mean he left before the virus wrecked life for his parks, but nonetheless.
There was a rumor floating around town that Iger was given a head's up on the impact that COVID-19 may have on the US, leading him to abruptly step down, but I haven't been able to absolutely confirm that was this case.

Iger said the reason for leaving was that he wanted to spend more time on "the creative side of things" but I don't personally buy that explanation. It's like not he was a Creative in the past and he all had the creative power in the world as the CEO of Disney.

My opinion is that he indeed did know about the virus and recommended the Head of Parks to take over as CEO because that's really their biggest issue moving forward and there's no one better qualified to run the entire entity than Bob Chapek at this point in time.
[Reply]
keg in kc 06:18 PM Yesterday
Iger isn't the only one that got a heads up. There ought to be a ton of people under investigation right now. But none of them ever will be.
[Reply]
Page 31 of 31
« First < 212728293031
Up