Originally Posted by :
30 Kansas City
Dexter Lawrence
Clemson
DL1T
Reach/Value: -3 Height:
6'4"
Weight:

(Updated 12/3) I have a 10-yr-old daughter. Like most young kids in KC, she's an avid Chiefs fan. And, like most children her age, she began to compile her Christmas list the minute Halloween ended. At the top of this year's Christmas list: Kareem Hunt jersey. Keep in mind, this was a month ago. I pulled her aside and asked her to reconsider. "Why?" She asked. Having followed the athlete, I explained he was involved in an event that sounded "pretty bad." I said it's no longer in the headlines, and it was quietly resolved. Yet, something about the way it was resolved did not even seem right. "But, he's good!" she responded back. The conversation continued.

Fast forward to today. Unfortunately, Dad's intuition came true. I've now had many conversations. Conversations with my children. Conversations with soccer moms. Dads. Neighbors. Friends. Conversations about the comparison to Tyreek Hill. Ray Rice. Jovan Belcher. Conversations about good athletes and "not so good" people. Conversations about coverups. Media coverage. Hotel security. Police investigations. Legal responsibility. Employee responsibility. Employer responsibility. Conflict management. Anger management. Authenticity. Lying. Second chances. And, of course, respect for women.

In all these conversations, I've not heard one person say that the Chiefs overreacted. There is concern for the player. Concern for the season. Concern about "how do explain this to my kid?" And, a whole bunch of confusion. As for my daughter, Santa's bringing her a Travis Kelce jersey (Yeah, I know... no saint either). Also, she has learned at an early age something that did not become apparent to me until I was well into my 20s: a great athlete does not always equal a good person.

~ KCBudMan, Chiefs Analyst
Not only does he take a player KC doesn't need but he goes on to do everything but justify the selection.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 12:50 PM 12-04-2018
I'd take that all day if he fell
[Reply]
Direckshun 01:19 PM 12-04-2018
Nope. I think NTs are now de-valued.

You gotta take a DE who can play nose in a pinch. That's the new NFL, and those are the guys that justify a 1st round pick.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 01:20 PM 12-04-2018
Originally Posted by Direckshun:
Nope. I think NTs are now de-valued.

You gotta take a DE who can play nose in a pinch. That's the new NFL, and those are the guys that justify a 1st round pick.

quickest way to the QB is over the center, and this kid has passrush ability
[Reply]
kccrow 02:59 PM 12-04-2018
Chiefs need a 5-tech/3-tech type of DE not a nose tackle, especially after drafting Nnadi and signing Williams last year. It would be beyond idiotic to make that selection.
[Reply]
The Franchise 03:05 PM 12-04-2018
I'd rather try and trade up for Tillery.

EDIT: Just saw the full 3 round mock and he has us drafting Tillery with our last pick in the 2nd.
[Reply]
Direckshun 03:13 PM 12-04-2018
The age of the 340 pure nose are over.
[Reply]
kccrow 03:40 PM 12-04-2018
Originally Posted by The Pest:
I'd rather try and trade up for Tillery.

EDIT: Just saw the full 3 round mock and he has us drafting Tillery with our last pick in the 2nd.
Yup, which absurd. I reference that site only because their rankings end up pretty decent by the time the draft actually rolls around and even throughout the year but the mocks are usually absurd. Tillery is going round 1 or very early 2.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 03:43 PM 12-04-2018
Lawrence would be a nice add to this Defense. I think I'd want him a bit lighter, but I think he'd make things a lot easier on the struggling inside backers and give Chris Jones more opportunities.

Originally Posted by Direckshun:
The age of the 340 pure nose are over.
That's just wrong. The era of being an effective nose because you're just one fat fuck (Ted Washington) is over, but athletic fatties are still assets.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 05:38 PM 12-04-2018
Originally Posted by kccrow:
Chiefs need a 5-tech/3-tech type of DE not a nose tackle, especially after drafting Nnadi and signing Williams last year. It would be beyond idiotic to make that selection.
Nnadi has been solid but Williams has been sucking balls the only time he made an impact was when the opposition's OL missed an assignment and he was free to tackle the QB.

Dexter Lawrence is a beast, he has enough versatility to play DE. IF the Chiefs do draft any player on DL/OL Veach's mantra always been how versatile they are by being able to play multiple positions along the DL/ front 7
[Reply]
RealSNR 05:48 PM 12-04-2018
Kelce is no saint? What the fuck has he done that's bad other than be a douche on reality TV?

That's not a fucking crime, dipshit.
[Reply]
bigjosh 05:53 PM 12-04-2018
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
Kelce is no saint? What the fuck has he done that's bad other than be a douche on reality TV?

That's not a fucking crime, dipshit.

**whispers “he dates a Black girl.”
[Reply]
kccrow 06:00 PM 12-04-2018
Originally Posted by bigjosh:
Get this shit the fuck out of here. That's pathetic on every level.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 06:00 PM 12-04-2018
Originally Posted by bigjosh:
Kelce is marrying her
[Reply]
staylor26 03:21 PM 12-05-2018
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
Kelce is no saint? What the **** has he done that's bad other than be a douche on reality TV?

That's not a ****ing crime, dipshit.
Yea, I read that part and instantly wanted to slap the fuck out of this guy
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up