ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>DAT vs Conley
Direckshun 10:55 AM 11-24-2018
They’re both free agents.

Which do you think is more valuable to retain?

Which do you think the Chiefs resign?

Both? Neither?
[Reply]
BryanBusby 11:18 AM 11-24-2018
I think the Chiefs will keep DAT and let Conley walk.
[Reply]
RunKC 11:26 AM 11-24-2018
Chiefs really liked Byron Pringle and he flashed in preseason.

I think he’s Conley’s replacement.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 11:45 AM 11-24-2018
they’ll both be gone IMO.
[Reply]
kccrow 01:12 PM 11-24-2018
Conley is a better overall player than DAT in my opinion but I don't think the Chiefs retain either. Like RunKC said, Pringle is Conley's replacement and I think they look to the draft or UDFA to replace DAT.
[Reply]
Shaid 01:20 PM 11-24-2018
Conley is probably better, DAT is able to run the Hill plays a bit better, the end around type plays, etc.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:02 AM 11-26-2018
Conley's going to go somewhere on a nice little 3 year contract and get cut 2 years into the deal.

His lack of separation is just such a problem. He'll have to go somewhere with a damn clever OC who can scheme him open. And most of those damn clever OC's can scheme a 4th string FB into space so why spend money on a guy like Conley?

I see him ending up in a bad organization with a team that has space to burn and like his deep speed. Maybe a 3 yr/$18 million deal that will pay him $10 million in the first 2 seasons. Say a $6 million signing bonus with salaries of $1 million and $3 million in years 1 and 2. And he'll just be lousy.
[Reply]
The Franchise 11:13 AM 11-26-2018
I could see Conley going to a place like Miami.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:17 AM 11-26-2018
Originally Posted by The Pest:
I could see Conley going to a place like Miami.
I was kinda thinking Jets. Maybe Buffalo. Someplace that has a young QB and likes Conley's frame to be able to fight for a ball.

I think they'll be disappointed, but that was my theory.
[Reply]
O.city 11:20 AM 11-26-2018
Conley is a guy you really like having as your 3 or 4 wr on a rookie deal, but turns pretty quick when you've gotta start paying him.

I'd imagine you could draft another Conley in round 3 pretty much every year.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:43 AM 11-26-2018
Originally Posted by O.city:
Conley is a guy you really like having as your 3 or 4 wr on a rookie deal, but turns pretty quick when you've gotta start paying him.

I think you can, sure.

But some NFL GM's are going to see him as a big long-strider with a nice top end like N'Keal Harry. Harry's looking like he's put himself firmly into the 1st round, maybe even approaching the top 10 so somebody's going to convince himself "well I can get Harry's measurables with experience...."

Hell, I'm not sure they're wrong, to be honest. I think Harry's gonna get overdrafted and I don't like his fluidity. But he's also just physically stronger than Conley will be; maybe more of a Dez Bryant type.

But yeah, I don't think it's smart to pay to keep a guy like Conley. If you can't find/develop him with this offensive staff, there's something amiss.
[Reply]
O.city 11:45 AM 11-26-2018
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
I think you can, sure.

But some NFL GM's are going to see him as a big long-strider with a nice top end like N'Keal Harry. Harry's looking like he's put himself firmly into the 1st round, maybe even approaching the top 10 so somebody's going to convince himself "well I can get Harry's measurables with experience...."

Hell, I'm not sure they're wrong, to be honest. I think Harry's gonna get overdrafted and I don't like his fluidity. But he's also just physically stronger than Conley will be; maybe more of a Dez Bryant type.

But yeah, I don't think it's smart to pay to keep a guy like Conley. If you can't find/develop him with this offensive staff, there's something amiss.
In today's NFL, why would I want to be throwing jump balls to guys like Conley consistently? Theres no reason to not go for these small fast guys, defenders can't be really grabby or physical so guys that can't get separation aren't what they used to be.

I like Conley more than I did, he's a valuable piece. But at this price, not at a free agent price.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:56 AM 11-26-2018
In today's NFL, why would I want to be throwing jump balls to guys like Conley consistently? Theres no reason to not go for these small fast guys, defenders can't be really grabby or physical so guys that can't get separation aren't what they used to be.

I like Conley more than I did, he's a valuable piece. But at this price, not at a free agent price.
Everyone wants Julio Jones.

They see someone like Harry and think he's as quick as a small fast guy but can also dominate jump-balls.

I don't agree. And I think such a creature is just damn rare. Those guys come along every 5 years or so at best.

Like you, I'll take the flying circus approach; gimme 3 waterbugs that can pressure every area of the field. But the key to that working is still having a powerful RB and a pass-catching TE that can operate in the red zone.

For teams that don't have that, someone like Conley might be damn valuable. FGs are becoming akin to stops in the modern NFL so if you can find someone to significantly improve your red-zone efficiency, that's worth what it costs.

Someone will see that guy in Conley, IMO. It just ain't me....
[Reply]
RunKC 11:59 AM 11-26-2018

Give this man a shot and draft another mid round receiver.

[Reply]
Up