ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 170 of 301
« First < 70120160166167168169170 171172173174180220270 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*** Official 2019 Kansas City Royals Repository ***
Mama Hip Rockets 08:06 AM 03-28-2019
Get the offseason thread out of here. It's on!

Opening day roster:

Catchers (2): Cam Gallagher, Martin Maldonado

Infielders (7): Hunter Dozier, Lucas Duda, Whit Merrifield, Adalberto Mondesi, Ryan O’Hearn, Chris Owings, Frank Schwindel

Outfielders (4): Alex Gordon, Terrance Gore, Billy Hamilton, Jorge Soler

Starting pitchers (3): Jakob Junis, Brad Keller, Jorge Lopez

Relief pitchers (9): Scott Barlow, Brad Boxberger, Jake Diekman, Chris Ellis, Tim Hill, Ian Kennedy, Kevin McCarthy, Wily Peralta, Kyle Zimmer

Injured list: Danny Duffy, Brian Flynn, Jesse Hahn, Salvador Perez

Suspended: Eric Skoglund
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 08:21 AM 07-17-2019
Some of you guys were beating off to Brian Goodwin this april. In 156pa since May 1, he has 3HR, 27% K rate, and a dreadful 73 wRC+.
[Reply]
Mama Hip Rockets 09:06 AM 07-17-2019
Originally Posted by WhawhaWhat:

:-)
[Reply]
Mama Hip Rockets 09:07 AM 07-17-2019
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
Some of you guys were beating off to Brian Goodwin this april. In 156pa since May 1, he has 3HR, 27% K rate, and a dreadful 73 wRC+.
Still better than Billy Hamilton.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 09:14 AM 07-17-2019
I’m not worried about the White Sox. Their lack of success thus far could be a mirage, but to me it indicates a few of the “tear it all down and rebuild with no vets” approach:

1) There were no veteran leaders for Moncada, Jimenez, etc. to look up to, really. Jose Abreu is a get but not really a leader. The pitching staff had no veterans to lean on.

2) trading elite players for star prospects doesn’t guarantee you replace that player’s production. Giolito is the only pitcher they got back who has come close to living up to expectations.

Of what’s left in their farm system, I actually think Luis Robert is going to be their best position player (better than Moncada and Jimenez). Kopeck is destined for the pen, IMO.

And that’s the end of the line on their elite guys. Madrigal was drafted high but is Nicky Lopez with less speed (despite his higher draft slot and rank).
[Reply]
Mecca 09:39 AM 07-17-2019
They got Vaughn too and isn't Cease extremely well regarded as a prospect at this point?
[Reply]
Oxford 01:33 PM 07-17-2019
Originally Posted by limested:
One of the most common ways to sprain AC is to land with arm outstretched like he did. I have torn mine and it is not a fun injury. Never had it repaired and my arm will ‘go dead’ on occasion because of it. Bad enough I can’t even lift a glass of water.
Tore mine. Still have my screw in there and the scar.
[Reply]
Oxford 01:37 PM 07-17-2019
Originally Posted by Mecca:
They got Vaughn too and isn't Cease extremely well regarded as a prospect at this point?
I like Cease's delivery/mechanics, but his FB seemed straight last night. If he can command the change and curve, the FB will play up a lot more. I think he;ll be more than serviceable, but he is young yet.
[Reply]
srvy 01:52 PM 07-17-2019
Still no word on Mondesi?
[Reply]
WhawhaWhat 01:54 PM 07-17-2019

Terrance Gore is headed to the Yankees for cash considerations.

— Jeffrey Flanagan (@FlannyMLB) July 17, 2019

[Reply]
WhawhaWhat 02:04 PM 07-17-2019
Originally Posted by srvy:
Still no word on Mondesi?

Nothing yet. But there has been a Humberto Arteaga sighting. https://t.co/u4sOhZIHHu

Updated:

10-day IL.

Adalberto Mondesia has a left shoulder subluxation.

[Reply]
cabletech94 02:52 PM 07-17-2019
Originally Posted by WhawhaWhat:

Updated:

10-day IL.

according to google:

In medicine, a subluxation is an incomplete or partial dislocation of a joint or organ. According to the WHO, it is a "significant structural displacement", and therefore, unlike the chiropractic belief of "vertebral subluxation", is always visible on static imaging studies, such as X-rays.

according to cabletech94: ohhhhhhh shit.
[Reply]
Mecca 02:57 PM 07-17-2019
Today I was told that the Royals should trade Merrifield to the Cubs by a friend of mine.......his proposal of a fair return...

Kyle Schwarber
Addison Russell
Almora Jr
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 03:05 PM 07-17-2019
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Today I was told that the Royals should trade Merrifield to the Cubs by a friend of mine.......his proposal of a fair return...

Kyle Schwarber
Addison Russell
Almora Jr

People are putting WAY too much stock in the whole “MLB ready” thing.

That just means the Royals are saying they wouldn’t want to build things around a bunch of A ball guys.

It’s being interpreted literally, as in the Royals wanting three current major leaguers back, by a lot of folks. It’s amusing.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:08 PM 07-17-2019
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
People are putting WAY too much stock in the whole “MLB ready” thing.

That just means the Royals are saying they wouldn’t want to build things around a bunch of A ball guys.

It’s being interpreted literally, as in the Royals wanting three current major leaguers back, by a lot of folks. It’s amusing.
Cardinals Twitter had a proposal of

Kolten Wong
Yairo Munoz
Daniel Ponce De Leon

And somehow the result was 60/40 against. That's just dumfounding. Granted, I love me some Kolten and think he's probably the best defensive 2b in baseball right now, but the dude can't lead off and we need one of those. Munoz is a JAG and Ponce is probably a 4th starter at best, probably a 5th starter and he's older than almost anyone seems to realize - he's capped.

Meanwhile this same group of people will be 60/40 in FAVOR of trading Dylan Carlson for Matthew Boyd, who was an also-ran prior to this season.

I worry about Cardinal Twitter most days...
[Reply]
Mecca 03:14 PM 07-17-2019
Hey real question

How good is the Padres minor league system? I looked at that earlier and that is just fucking ridiculous. Like I think that may be better than what the Royals system once was.
[Reply]
Page 170 of 301
« First < 70120160166167168169170 171172173174180220270 > Last »
Up