ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 13 of 18
« First < 3910111213 14151617 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Let's talk about the Buccaneers
Dante84 11:03 AM 11-23-2020
Notable Offensive Players: Brady, Godwin, Rojo, Gronk, Evans, Wirfs, Brown, Fournette

Notable Defensive Players: Suh, JPP, Barrett, Winfield, Davis, Dean

+ Tom is a statue, so we need to generate pressure through the middle otherwise he has weapons and can hit them in the mid-ranges, similar to Oakland last night. He's infinitely smarter than Carr, but probably less talented than the version of Carr we saw last night - or at least on par.

+ TB's receiving talent is right up there with the best in the league. For some reason Evans/Brady have been slightly off, and we'll have to hope that continues. Gronk is a shell of himself, but still a large target that might be difficult for, say, HB, to defend if the ball is placed in the right location.

+ TB's secondary is young, talented and smart, but prone to youthful mistakes. We should be able to confuse them as the game goes on.

+ TB's run game can be nasty, and we need to shut them down early. Rojo is no joke.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 04:48 PM 11-25-2020
38 hot gotta be referring to Sneed lol

Steelers players 38 hot right now. Can’t say I blame you’ll, just know we all have to adjust to get through this season so that in the end we can continue to provide for our families!

— Tyrann Mathieu (@Mathieu_Era) November 25, 2020

[Reply]
Megatron96 04:55 PM 11-25-2020
There's a lot of things to talk about with the Bucs actually, but it's the day before Thanksgiving and I have family over, and a lot of stuff to do before tomorrow morning, so I'll try to keep it short and hopefully to the point.

Bucs have a lot of talent on both sides of the ball. A lot of young players though. Looking over their schedule so far, they've shown a lot of potential, but also a lot of bad discipline.

Their OL finished the 2019 season as one of the better units, and started this season doing pretty well. But they've been a little porous the last two games. I don't know why, but that might be something the Chiefs can exploit.

Their run game isn't much to worry about.

Their receivers are big and physical, but not as fast as the LoZ.

Brady hasn't improved much over last season. In particular he's still having issues with throws outside the numbers downfield. And he doesn't really have anyone to throw to between the hashes, which is where he lives. He misses Edelman a lot more than he's missed Gronk.

He's scared of the pass rush. So much so that he's actually throwing the ball away if he feels pressure early in a game.

The field position battle might be a bigger factor than most realize. Tom Brady hasn't scored a TD on a drive longer than about 60 yards in a while. In fact, he's had a turnover or settled for a FG more often than he's scored a TD on drives starting behind the 35 yard line this season. He can still be efficient on short yardage drives, but for whatever reason he's one of the worst QBs this season if he has to go farther than 65 yards. If that factoid holds up, it could get ugly for the Bucs pretty fast.

42-18, Chiefs.
[Reply]
siberian khatru 05:03 PM 11-25-2020
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
There's a lot of things to talk about with the Bucs actually, but it's the day before Thanksgiving and I have family over, and a lot of stuff to do before tomorrow morning, so I'll try to keep it short and hopefully to the point.

Bucs have a lot of talent on both sides of the ball. A lot of young players though. Looking over their schedule so far, they've shown a lot of potential, but also a lot of bad discipline.

Their OL finished the 2019 season as one of the better units, and started this season doing pretty well. But they've been a little porous the last two games. I don't know why, but that might be something the Chiefs can exploit.

Their run game isn't much to worry about.

Their receivers are big and physical, but not as fast as the LoZ.

Brady hasn't improved much over last season. In particular he's still having issues with throws outside the numbers downfield. And he doesn't really have anyone to throw to between the hashes, which is where he lives. He misses Edelman a lot more than he's missed Gronk.

He's scared of the pass rush. So much so that he's actually throwing the ball away if he feels pressure early in a game.

The field position battle might be a bigger factor than most realize. Tom Brady hasn't scored a TD on a drive longer than about 60 yards in a while. In fact, he's had a turnover or settled for a FG more often than he's scored a TD on drives starting behind the 35 yard line this season. He can still be efficient on short yardage drives, but for whatever reason he's one of the worst QBs this season if he has to go farther than 65 yards. If that factoid holds up, it could get ugly for the Bucs pretty fast.

42-18, Chiefs.
Re: the OL — G Ali Marpet has missed the last 3 games in concussion protocol and that has hurt. If he’s out again Sunday, Jones HAS GOT to exploit that and get pressure up the middle. Brady struggles when he’s got someone in his face.

If Clark and Jones show up, we win.
[Reply]
staylor26 05:03 PM 11-25-2020
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:

No, this is slang from the South. “38” is in reference to the gun.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 05:43 PM 11-25-2020
I was concerned about the Bucs based on record and stat sheets.

After watching the shitshow Monday night, I have no idea how they got to 7-3, I don't understand how they blew the Raiders out, and Brady looks like a scared old man.

They are SLOW. Like across the board. The only Bucs player on offense that has wheels is AB. The rest look like they're running in sand.

Defensive line is stout. back 7 is also SLOW.

Unless we have one of those games where we just aren't in the game mentally, we should embarass them.
[Reply]
PattyFlakes 05:48 PM 11-25-2020
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:

After watching the shitshow Monday night, I have no idea how they got to 7-3, I don't understand how they blew the Raiders out, and Brady looks like a scared old man.

They are SLOW. Like across the board. The only Bucs player on offense that has wheels is AB. The rest look like they're running in sand.

Unless we have one of those games where we just aren't in the game mentally, we should embarass them.

The fact that the Giants were able to move the ball on them, and nearly beat them gives me a lot of confidence.. I also don't think Arians is all that great as a coach, or that Leftwich is all that good as a OC.
[Reply]
htismaqe 05:53 PM 11-25-2020

They didn't really blow the Raiders out. It was 24-17 at the end of 3 and the Raiders closed to 24-20 right after the 4th started.

The Bucs scored on a long drive to go up 11 and Carr immediately threw a pick. Bucs scored in two plays. The Raiders then went for it on 4th down and the Bucs scored again.
[Reply]
CasselGotPeedOn 06:18 PM 11-25-2020
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:

You're so dumb
[Reply]
Chris Meck 06:31 PM 11-25-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
They didn't really blow the Raiders out. It was 24-17 at the end of 3 and the Raiders closed to 24-20 right after the 4th started.

The Bucs scored on a long drive to go up 11 and Carr immediately threw a pick. Bucs scored in two plays. The Raiders then went for it on 4th down and the Bucs scored again.
yeah that's what you said.

I hadn't watched them actually play all season until Monday.

After the game I have to say I was completely unimpressed with either team. But as for the Bucs-man if they can't handle Woods and Kupp, they're in a world of trouble this week.

And man, their offense looks terrible. Is that just where the NFC is this season? Because I think Cleveland would smoke them. I tend to watch the AFC games mostly as it's what affects KC. As for the rest, I do check stats and rankings (and highlights), but man...

The Chiefs have a little bit of a tendency to play down to opponents at times; and they could well do that Sunday, but if they were to actually show up ready to play we should blow them out of the ****ing water.
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 06:43 PM 11-25-2020
yeah that's what you said.

I hadn't watched them actually play all season until Monday.

After the game I have to say I was completely unimpressed with either team. But as for the Bucs-man if they can't handle Woods and Kupp, they're in a world of trouble this week.

And man, their offense looks terrible. Is that just where the NFC is this season? Because I think Cleveland would smoke them. I tend to watch the AFC games mostly as it's what affects KC. As for the rest, I do check stats and rankings (and highlights), but man...

The Chiefs have a little bit of a tendency to play down to opponents at times; and they could well do that Sunday, but if they were to actually show up ready to play we should blow them out of the ****ing water.
I think the Rams have one of the top defenses and that had something to do with it. The Bucs and Arians have given in to Brady. Scotty Miller was killing it, then they signed Toms buddy AB. 1-2 since then.

I’m gonna be watching the game (even though it’s being played about 30 min from my house FUCK YOU COVID YOU FUCKING ASSHOLE MOTHER FUCKER IM SUPPOSED TO BE AT THE GAME) with my daughters boyfriend. I’ve been talking mad shit so I’m praying we can win this game or I’m gonna have to hear it until his team gets knocked out of the playoffs and we win the SB again.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 08:34 PM 11-25-2020
Such an interesting matchup.

The Bucs' D is great against the run but looked really shaky against the intermediate passing game of the Rams, blitzes a ton, and has CB who are very aggressive but super susceptible to double moves.

On O, the key for me is how Chris Jones does creating pressure up the middle against Alex Cappa. Brady is the same as he has been - when he has to move his feet at all, he can't deliver the ball with much velocity or accuracy.

The Chiefs have done much, much better against QBs with more limited mobility.

I think the Raiders O matches up incredibly well against the Chiefs. I don't think there's a better pass blocking C-RG combon in the NFL than Hudson and Gabe Jackson (and even when they flip Jones to line up over the LG, Hudson is still available to help).

Hopefully Jones' groin is healthy and he can make the impact he's capable of making. If he's in Brady's lap a lot, KC is going to be just fine.

I'd also like to see them work Gay in as a pass rush option on 3rd downs somehow, even if he's standing up and they're going with a 3-man DL. His speed, power, and ferocity could make him potentially impactful there, IMO.
[Reply]
Halfcan 09:07 PM 11-25-2020
I would really like to see the Chiefs D give Tom a beating. I love seeing him pout on the bench then run off the field crying after a loss.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 09:07 PM 11-25-2020
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
I'd also like to see them work Gay in as a pass rush option on 3rd downs somehow, even if he's standing up and they're going with a 3-man DL. His speed, power, and ferocity could make him potentially impactful there, IMO.
I like this. If nothing else, I’ve noticed our blitz package be much less effective lately and I’ve gotta believe much of it is because it largely includes Niemann and Sorenson as the main guys coming from the second level.

Gay would be much quicker and more physical in that way.
[Reply]
Halfcan 09:20 PM 11-25-2020

This is the game that makes Tom think about retirement. Chiefs will dominate/
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 09:32 PM 11-25-2020
Tompany Bay.....Tompany Bay?!?....OH NO!!!

Captain's Log, Stardate 2020.25.11

After an incident in the Floridian sector, Admiral Hunt has dispatched the U.S.S. Arrowhead to investigate.

The last ship in these parts was the SS Tompany Bay, but a vessel that old couldn't still be a threat...could it?

Damned peculiar. pic.twitter.com/3Fa3VPEAMq

— Captain Patkirk (@NCC1507) November 26, 2020

[Reply]
Page 13 of 18
« First < 3910111213 14151617 > Last »
Up