ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 41 of 126
« First < 313738394041 424344455191 > Last »
Media Center>Superman/Batman movie coming in 2015
tk13 11:50 AM 07-20-2013

---

Originally Posted by :
After decades of fighting evil solo, Batman and Superman will finally be teaming up on the big screen, sources confirm to The Hollywood Reporter.

Man of Steel director Zack Snyder will direct the tentpole with Henry Cavill returning as Superman. It is unclear who will play Batman in the new film. A release date of 2015 has been set, with a Flash movie appearing in 2016 and a Justice League movie in 2017.

Snyder's Man of Steel, which rebooted the Superman franchise, has grossed north of $600 million worldwide since it hit theaters this June.
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hea...-league-589521

Originally Posted by :
Warner Bros. is about to bring together two of its most iconic heroes: Superman and Batman will unite in a new film, the follow-up to “Man of Steel,” set for release in 2015.

According to two sources with knowledge of the movie, Warner Bros. intends to announce the news at its Comic-Con International panel Saturday morning. Said a Warner Bros. spokesperson, “We don’t comment on rumors regarding these properties.”

“Man of Steel” director Zack Snyder is expected to reunite with screenwriter David S. Goyer and star Henry Cavill for the new film. It’s unlikely Christian Bale will step back into the bat suit, as the actor has indicated publicly that he has moved on from his days as Bruce Wayne.

“Man of Steel” producer and “Dark Knight” trilogy director Christopher Nolan is expected by some to produce the project, but the exact nature of his involvement is unclear.

The move marks the culmination of years of effort on the part of Warner Bros. and DC Comics to bring their superheroes together in a similar fashion to their primary competitor Marvel, which successfully combined its superheroes into a $1.5-billion box-office hit with “The Avengers.”

In the comic world, the two heroes are teaming up in a new series, “Batman/Superman,” by writer Greg Pak and artist Jae Lee.
http://herocomplex.latimes.com/movie...-man-of-steel/
[Reply]
007 07:05 AM 09-13-2014
The thing is, there will not be a superhero movie that is going to follow the comics 100%. Take them for what they are worth and just enjoy it. JFC

The Nolan movies were outstanding. I loved Supes 1 and 2. The first Burton Batman was great. Hell, I even liked Forever. Unlike a lot of people here, I really enjoyed what they did with supes in Man of Steel.

I get this feeling that if they followed the comics 100% I may not have enjoyed them as much.
[Reply]
Setsuna 01:47 PM 09-13-2014
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
Yeah man, Aries... why are YOU here when you should be at a Jags board, oh wait that should be me!

Errr
Is this a Chiefs football thread or the Media thread? I forget.
[Reply]
Ragged Robin 01:51 PM 09-13-2014
Originally Posted by Guru:
The thing is, there will not be a superhero movie that is going to follow the comics 100%. Take them for what they are worth and just enjoy it. JFC

The Nolan movies were outstanding. I loved Supes 1 and 2. The first Burton Batman was great. Hell, I even liked Forever. Unlike a lot of people here, I really enjoyed what they did with supes in Man of Steel.

I get this feeling that if they followed the comics 100% I may not have enjoyed them as much.
this has nothing to do with "following the comics," this is about fundamentally changing core elements of what makes iconic characters who they are and shitting all over half a century of history. None of that garbage is Batman. Were some of them good or at least entertaining? Maybe, but still not Batman.
[Reply]
-King- 02:12 PM 09-13-2014
Originally Posted by Ragged Robin:
this has nothing to do with "following the comics," this is about fundamentally changing core elements of what makes iconic characters who they are and shitting all over half a century of history. None of that garbage is Batman. Were some of them good or at least entertaining? Maybe, but still not Batman.

No one cares other than comic book fan boys who make up a very small minority of the people who watch these movies.
[Reply]
B_Razz 09-13-2014, 05:29 PM
This message has been deleted by B_Razz.
B_Razz 05:32 PM 09-13-2014
Originally Posted by Ragged Robin:
I guess I just don't get your point of view. There have been many different versions of Batman. Do you agree with them all?
[Reply]
Ragged Robin 07:13 PM 09-13-2014
Originally Posted by B_Razz:
I guess I just don't get your point of view. There have been many different versions of Batman. Do you agree with them all?
Yes. If you knew anything about Batman you would understand this too.
[Reply]
Setsuna 10:15 PM 09-13-2014
Batman has a strong, almost zealous standing against using guns or weapons that are fatal.
[Reply]
Aries Walker 06:26 AM 09-14-2014
He didn't always have it, though - at first, he was pretty happy to use them (as the writers got the character worked out). Also, every once in a while, writers can't help but to explore that story line by giving him a handgun; I think Todd McFarlane wrote a story where he had kept the gun that killed his parents for years before using it on someone, for example.

Plus, face it - most people know the characters from the movies, not the comics. If you were to ask 100 random people on the street the main identifying characteristic of Batman - or even if you were to limit it to a personality trait - I don't think any of them would say 'doesn't use guns'.

Yeah, it's there, but the comics are longer form storytelling so not everything can be covered in a two-hour movie. Nature of the beast.
[Reply]
Setsuna 10:11 AM 09-14-2014
Originally Posted by Aries Walker:
He didn't always have it, though - at first, he was pretty happy to use them (as the writers got the character worked out). Also, every once in a while, writers can't help but to explore that story line by giving him a handgun; I think Todd McFarlane wrote a story where he had kept the gun that killed his parents for years before using it on someone, for example.

Plus, face it - most people know the characters from the movies, not the comics. If you were to ask 100 random people on the street the main identifying characteristic of Batman - or even if you were to limit it to a personality trait - I don't think any of them would say 'doesn't use guns'.

Yeah, it's there, but the comics are longer form storytelling so not everything can be covered in a two-hour movie. Nature of the beast.
Well yes this is true, I only wish Nolan had established this in the first 3 Batman movies.
[Reply]
Jamie 03:14 PM 09-14-2014
I'm fine with different versions of Batman, but a Batman that's okay with guns on his car but not in his hand seems stupid and arbitrary to me.
[Reply]
Aries Walker 03:41 PM 09-14-2014
Who said he's not going to have one in his hand?
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 06:54 PM 09-14-2014
Originally Posted by Setsuna:
Well yes this is true, I only wish Nolan had established this in the first 3 Batman movies.

The Nolan Batman and the Snyder Batmax exist in entirely different realities. Nolan's movies have no bearing on MoS.
[Reply]
Setsuna 10:16 PM 09-14-2014
Originally Posted by Fried Meat Ball!:
The Nolan Batman and the Snyder Batmax exist in entirely different realities. Nolan's movies have no bearing on MoS.
Oh yeah I know I was just talking about aries when he was saying ask anyone on the street what's Batman's most defining characterisitc and based on the movies from Nolan it wouldn't be his adamant refusal to use fatal weaponry.
[Reply]
Jamie 01:15 AM 09-15-2014
Originally Posted by Aries Walker:
Who said he's not going to have one in his hand?
Is Vegas giving odds on that one? I'd like to make some easy money.
[Reply]
tk13 12:19 AM 10-18-2014
http://variety.com/2014/film/news/ba...in-1201332852/

Apparently Jena Malone is on board. Rumor here has it that she's playing a female Robin.
[Reply]
Page 41 of 126
« First < 313738394041 424344455191 > Last »
Up