ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 57 of 192
« First < 7475354555657 5859606167107157 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs trade Tyreek Hill to the Dolphins
Dante84 10:34 AM 03-23-2022
Will update OP with more info.

Here it is: The #Chiefs are trading six-time Pro Bowl WR Tyreek Hill to the #Dolphins, sources tell me and @TomPelissero.

The return is a first-round pick and more, while Hill gets a contract extension that puts him among the highest paid WRs in the NFL.

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) March 23, 2022

Chiefs are trading six-time Pro-Bowl WR Tyreek Hill to the Miami Dolphins for five draft picks: a 2022 1st-round pick (No. 29), a 2nd-round pick (No. 50) and a 4th-round pick, as well as 4th- and 6th-round picks in the 2023 draft, sources tell ESPN.

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) March 23, 2022

[Reply]
comochiefsfan 02:11 PM 03-23-2022
Originally Posted by Lilmrp117:
The worst part about this isn't that we traded Tyreek - it's all of the circumstances surrounding the trade, especially the timing. Tyreek has been underpaid for years and this obviously built up a lot of resentment. After it was clear he was out of legal trouble, veach should have re-done his contract to make him a top 5-10 paid WR. He let multiple years go by without fixing the injustice of Tyreek getting severely underpaid. Also, if you're going to trade him this off-season, that shit needed to be done before free agency so we could have signed a decent replacement 1 wr like Robinson and also get some decent dline free agents. Veach alienated a rare talent by letting him go underpaid for years and then screwed the team with this last minute desperation trade. Terrible timing and planning.
You know who would've NEVER IN A MILLION YEARS allowed it to get to this point?
[Reply]
irafreak 02:13 PM 03-23-2022
Why is it there always has to be two sides and only two sides?

We could've kept hill for this year under contract and rounded out the roster and fought for another title then let him walk/tag and trade for less next year. It wasn't pay him 30 million now or trade him.

It just feels like we took ourselves out of contention now for the future and nothing is guaranteed in life. Windows don't stay open long in most cases. And we probably just closed this one in the hopes of opening another later. Hope it works out.
[Reply]
Dante84 02:13 PM 03-23-2022
Originally Posted by Lilmrp117:
The worst part about this isn't that we traded Tyreek - it's all of the circumstances surrounding the trade, especially the timing. Tyreek has been underpaid for years and this obviously built up a lot of resentment. After it was clear he was out of legal trouble, veach should have re-done his contract to make him a top 5-10 paid WR. He let multiple years go by without fixing the injustice of Tyreek getting severely underpaid. Also, if you're going to trade him this off-season, that shit needed to be done before free agency so we could have signed a decent replacement 1 wr like Robinson and also get some decent dline free agents. Veach alienated a rare talent by letting him go underpaid for years and then screwed the team with this last minute desperation trade. Terrible timing and planning.
Drew Rosenhaus wasn't born yesterday.

Tyreek specifically and deliberately waited for some contracts to get done before signing - Adams, primarily - because it means a higher pay day.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 02:13 PM 03-23-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Yup.

As they say, 'flags fly forever'.

Someone in baseball a few years back said "the least valuable commodity in the sport right now is the present..."

They're absolutely right. Because once a deal gets made, suddenly everything you did WITH that person goes out the window. Which led to silly decisions whereby teams never considered what you could accomplish with a guy and how long that can reverberate. The Braves could've dealt Freeman at the deadline - they didn't. You think they give a shit? Flags fly forever fellas and they'd lose him as a FA 100 times out of 100 to secure that WS.

"We made a commitment to him! Tyreek should have taken less to stay!!!"

Dafuq? The hell you say - Tyreek Hill signed a 3 year deal in September of '19 and our commitment to him led to 3 straight AFC Championships, 2 Hunt trophy's and a Lombardi.

That tab is paid, y'all. Dudes contributions here were FAR in excess of what we paid him. And by paying him, we also managed to extend our team control over him to the point we could then deal him.

That commitment has been satisfied over and over again. We're WELL ahead of the game with Tyreek Hill, even had we taken him in the top 10 of the draft.

"Don't cry because it's over - smile because it happened..."

The 'Fuck Tyreek' crowd can sodomize themselves with a cactus. That shit is just stupid.
FTR - because everyone hyperbolizes any criticism of the un-criticizeable, . . . I'm going to pollyannishly hope that every draft pick is a home run, and every developing player makes a quantum leap, and every tactical mistake of the past is identified and ameliorated, and everyone integral to success stays healthy, and, and, and.

But I'm also honest with myself that those are HOPES.

No matter what anyone says, nothing about the future is ever guaranteed. You have to calculate what of the present, given the past will insulate you from the vagaries of the future. And right now we are hoping we can rebuild in a whole new paradigm, when I was hoping to build on existing reliability.

IF EVERYTHING GOES WELL, we'll be in great shape at some point, but every team in a parity league can say that.
[Reply]
RunKC 02:14 PM 03-23-2022
Originally Posted by comochiefsfan:
You know who would've NEVER IN A MILLION YEARS allowed it to get to this point?
Dorsey would have given him that dumbass contract and put us in cap he’ll AGAIN and then drafted shitty ass players with later picks like he did in Cleveland
[Reply]
Woogieman 02:14 PM 03-23-2022
Originally Posted by Iowanian:
The Chiefs organization stood by Hill when he was in a bad place and at risk, when they could have bailed.
The Chiefs fans stood by him.

Hill bailed on both for money at the first chance.

**** him.
When player start slowing in their early 30s, the team cuts them and say "it's strictly business". For Hills, this was also strictly business, and sometime their truly is a "win-win". He provided many thrills, many wins, a ring few of us have ever seen. Time to move on and win a different way.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:15 PM 03-23-2022
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
3 hours later and this still fucking sucks. I am still of the belief you don't trade your core trio HOF players in their prime. I would have gladly traded Chris Jones to pay Hill and not thought a second about it.
Gonna lose Jones next year in all probability anyway.

So here's something I think few are considering - the QB market is INSANE. Since Mahomes signed his deal people have said "hey, we'll just keep kicking the can and in 5 years when that cap number hits $50 million we'll just renegotiate...."

What if we....didn't. Because I've got a sneaking suspicion that if we stop kicking that can and just let that deal stand as written, it'll be a screaming bargain now until it expires. And then we're under pressure to come back to the table as QBs contracts start to push north of $50+ million in annual guarantees.

We can consider that sort of thing if we DON'T go balls to the wall trying to retain Hill. Or if we move on from Jones when it's pretty obvious that he's not worth a $27 cap charge.

We just have to be much MUCH smarter in how we're doing things. And this is, in many ways, a positive sign. We've seen it all off-season. We were in on Smith until his market got stupid and we pulled the chute. Then it got more stupid somehow. We sat down with Hill and tried to get something done but when he decided he wanted to set records, we said no mas.

We got JuJu on dick in guarantees. We got Reid at 60% what Mathieu was demanding.

Now I do wish we'd have gone ahead and re-signed Ward now, but I don't think this was Veach's plan when a decision point came on Ward.

This all demonstrates that Veach is past his "hold the paddle up until you win" approach of the last 4 years. And that approach was disastrous long-term.
[Reply]
staylor26 02:16 PM 03-23-2022
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
FTR - because everyone hyperbolizes any criticism of the un-criticizeable, . . . I'm going to pollyannishly hope that every draft pick is a home run, and every developing player makes a quantum leap, and every tactical mistake of the past is identified and ameliorated, and everyone integral to success stays healthy, and, and, and.

But I'm also honest with myself that those are HOPES.

No matter what anyone says, nothing about the future is ever guaranteed. You have to calculate what of the present, given the past will insulate you from the vagaries of the future. And right now we are hoping we can rebuild in a whole new paradigm, when I was hoping to build on existing reliability.

IF EVERYTHING GOES WELL, we'll be in great shape at some point, but every team in a parity league can say that.
Not every my team has Patrick Mahomes. Kind of ridiculous to compare us to every other team.

They don’t need to hit on every single pick for this to work out.
[Reply]
Red Dawg 02:17 PM 03-23-2022
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Dorsey would have given him that dumbass contract and put us in cap he’ll AGAIN and then drafted shitty ass players with later picks like he did in Cleveland
Yup. Veach did what was best. Hill turned down probably a big offer to get the bigger offer.

Bye Hill and say goodbye to your stats and HOF career. Good luck with Tua.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 02:17 PM 03-23-2022
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:

Should have drafted him instead of Hardman.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
LongSufferingToady 02:17 PM 03-23-2022
Tyreek was not as effective last season because other teams' defenses adjusted to deny him open routes. As fun as he is to watch, the Chiefs will be okay without him.
[Reply]
comochiefsfan 02:18 PM 03-23-2022
Originally Posted by Red Dawg:
Yup. Veach did what was best. Hill turned down probably a big offer to get the bigger offer.

Bye Hill and say goodbye to your stats and HOF career. Good luck with Tua.
Tyreek's legacy apparently means nothing to him.
[Reply]
Tonka83 02:18 PM 03-23-2022
Just to lighten the mood a little..... Sorry if repost

[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:18 PM 03-23-2022
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Not every my team has Patrick Mahomes. Kind of ridiculous to compare us to every other team.

They don’t need to hit on every single pick for this to work out.
What have we said for years?

There will come a time when Patrick Mahomes, of only by dint of his contract, will have to make his WRs.

Well that time has come. Patrick's gonna have to make some B tier guys look better than they are. And he has the skills to do that.

And I don't want to hear one single goddamn thing about how much he does or does not trust them.

Time to put your big boy pants on and MAKE these guys into weapons, Patrick.
[Reply]
Lilmrp117 02:18 PM 03-23-2022
Originally Posted by Dante84:
Drew Rosenhaus wasn't born yesterday.

Tyreek specifically and deliberately waited for some contracts to get done before signing - Adams, primarily - because it means a higher pay day.
This goes back to my point about veach messing up the timing. He should have done something with Tyreek years ago. The more time went on with him being underpaid, the more expensive and our of control the situation got. It should have never come to this point when the Adams trade set such a precedent. And if that's the case, then don't trade him this off-season. You're basically saying veach got schooled by rosenhaus or this proves my point about veachs bad timing/planning.
[Reply]
Page 57 of 192
« First < 7475354555657 5859606167107157 > Last »
Up