ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 326 of 328
« First < 226276316322323324325326 327328 >
Nzoner's Game Room>*** Official 2018 Royals Repository ***
duncan_idaho 09:18 PM 04-06-2018
The season is upon us, even if spring is not.

2018 MLB Draft Picks
#33 - Compensation (Eric Hosmer)
#34 - Compensation (Lorenzo Cain)
#40 (Competitive Balance Round A)

018 Draft Names to Watch

RHP Kumar Rocker, N Oconnee HS, Georgia.
Spoiler!

OF Jarred Kelenic, Waukasha West HS, WI
Spoiler!

1B Triston Casas, American Heritage HS (FL).
Spoiler!

RHP Carter Stewart, Eau de Gallie HS (Ga).
Spoiler!

ANY Any, Any (Any). Any current top projected pick who slides for injury concerns. Includes current top prospect prospect SP Brady Singer, U of Florida.

Current Prospects to Watch:

OF Seuly Matias - Huge tools. Hit 2 HR in Lexington (A) season opener.

1B Nick Pratto - Top pick in 17 has advanced approach and good glove; needs to start tapping into power in first full year in minors. Also at Lexington.

OF Michael Gigliotti - Good defender in CF, good OBP skills, plus baserunner. Next mainstay in CF for KC, IMO. Advanced college bat also starting at Lexington.

OF Khalil Lee - Probably has highest upside in Royals' system. Could hit 30 HR in majors, could steal 30 bases. Plus defensive ability in RF. Nice test at Wilmington this year.

3B Emmanuel Rivera - Really nice approach and good contact skills. Power is still developing. Also getting a good test at Wilmington.

SP Foster Griffin - Made nice strides in 2017. Needs to continue to progress in 2018. Could be a lefty version of Jakob Junis (good breaking ball that he can really manipulate, OK fastball, good command).

1B Samir Duenez - Duenez still is intriguing, hoping for a step forward in his power production this year at Northwest Arkansas, which would turn him into a legit prospect.

Others to keep an eye on:
SP Gerson Garabito (Wilmington), OF Marten Gasparini (Lexington), C MJ Melendez (Lexington), RP Tyler Zuber (lexington), RP Richard Lovelady (Omaha), SP Dan Tillo (Lexington), SS Nicky Lopez (NWA), SP Scott Blewett (NWA), OF Brewer Hicklen (Idaho Falls),

In general, Lexington and Wilmington are the most interesting spots to watch. Nice depth and a lot of interesting pieces at both.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 07:31 AM 10-17-2018
Machado is a douche.

He seems to me like a guy whose going to get his huge deal and go Hanley Ramirez with it (I.e. get sloppy and fall downhill as a player rapidly).
[Reply]
CaliforniaChief 07:40 AM 10-17-2018
The fact that he's acting like this on what amounts to his national showcase before signing his big deal indicates that he's such a douche that he can't even hide it.
[Reply]
Valiant 07:49 AM 10-17-2018
Originally Posted by CaliforniaChief:
The fact that he's acting like this on what amounts to his national showcase before signing his big deal indicates that he's such a douche that he can't even hide it.
He is the catcher from major league 2.
[Reply]
KCUnited 07:04 PM 10-17-2018
This Houston/Boston call. Wacky play. Damn called a homerun ball an out due to fan interference.
[Reply]
chefsos 07:20 PM 10-17-2018
Houston got absolutely fucked by that bullshit call. The ball was out of the park and Mookie went up and over to get it, which is his right. The fans tried to catch it without reaching over the wall, which is their right.
[Reply]
lewdog 08:57 PM 10-17-2018
That homer was a total bullshit call. How can you even conclude that?!?!
[Reply]
jd1020 10:16 PM 10-17-2018
Originally Posted by chefsos:
Houston got absolutely ****ed by that bullshit call. The ball was out of the park and Mookie went up and over to get it, which is his right. The fans tried to catch it without reaching over the wall, which is their right.
I didn't think it was bullshit.

Was the ball going out? Yes.

But, until the ball crosses over the plane of the wall it is still in play. When the fan made contact with Mookie's glove he wasn't even against the wall yet. So can you definitively say that the fan wasn't reaching over the wall into the field of play? Look at the slowmo. You can make a reasonable assumption that someone standing right up against the wall with their arms out in front of them are in fact reaching onto the field of play.

I think Joe West is one of the worst umpires in the league and can't think of any valid reason why he still has a job as a MLB umpire, but I think he got that one right.

He's not up and over anything and the fans had already interfered with Betts before the ball got there.

But more to the point... The guy in the white shirt is reaching to the right to try and catch the ball. What the fuck is he looking at?
[Reply]
Why Not? 10:37 PM 10-17-2018
One of the many reasons to appreciate those WS Royals teams was their overall team intelligence. Astros down 3 in an absolute must win and facing a shaky Kimbrel going for a 6 out save. Tony Kemp leads of with a single........and immediately gets thrown out trying to stretch it into a double.

Edit: HBP and a double later and now it looms even larger.
[Reply]
Coach 10:48 PM 10-17-2018
One way that teams/MLB can do to solve this "fan interference" is to make some space/gaps between the outfield wall to where the fans are.
[Reply]
ShiftyEyedWaterboy 10:36 AM 10-18-2018
Originally Posted by jd1020:
I didn't think it was bullshit.

Was the ball going out? Yes.

But, until the ball crosses over the plane of the wall it is still in play. When the fan made contact with Mookie's glove he wasn't even against the wall yet. So can you definitively say that the fan wasn't reaching over the wall into the field of play? Look at the slowmo. You can make a reasonable assumption that someone standing right up against the wall with their arms out in front of them are in fact reaching onto the field of play.

I think Joe West is one of the worst umpires in the league and can't think of any valid reason why he still has a job as a MLB umpire, but I think he got that one right.

He's not up and over anything and the fans had already interfered with Betts before the ball got there.

But more to the point... The guy in the white shirt is reaching to the right to try and catch the ball. What the **** is he looking at?
I'm obviously biased but I agree. Looks like the fan made contact just barely in the field of play.
[Reply]
TambaBerry 10:41 AM 10-18-2018
just build fences to a height where no player can get that high
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 10:51 AM 10-18-2018
Originally Posted by Coach:
One way that teams/MLB can do to solve this "fan interference" is to make some space/gaps between the outfield wall to where the fans are.
Yep. Teams invite this controversy when design descions are made I garuntee you the Astros knew this would happen someday. But they chose ‘fan experience’ over a potential incident that really doesn’t happen all that much.
[Reply]
ShiftyEyedWaterboy 11:04 AM 10-18-2018
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
Yep. Teams invite this controversy when design descions are made I garuntee you the Astros knew this would happen someday. But they chose ‘fan experience’ over a potential incident that really doesn’t happen all that much.
Will teams/the league want to pay to make these changes, though?

It was really fluky that this happened at all. Even more fluky that it was a two-run shot.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 11:13 AM 10-18-2018
Originally Posted by ShiftyEyedWaterboy:
Will teams/the league want to pay to make these changes, though?

It was really fluky that this happened at all. Even more fluky that it was a two-run shot.
Probably not. Your right the cost/benefit analysis isn’t worth it. Worth being highly subjective of course.
[Reply]
Jerok 11:16 AM 10-18-2018
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
Probably not. Your right the cost/benefit analysis isn’t worth it. Worth being highly subjective of course.
I mean, just make the fence 2 feet higher and give everybody booster seats? I'll take my million dollar check for the idea.
[Reply]
Page 326 of 328
« First < 226276316322323324325326 327328 >
Up