ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 325 of 328
« First < 225275315321322323324325 326327328 >
Nzoner's Game Room>*** Official 2018 Royals Repository ***
duncan_idaho 09:18 PM 04-06-2018
The season is upon us, even if spring is not.

2018 MLB Draft Picks
#33 - Compensation (Eric Hosmer)
#34 - Compensation (Lorenzo Cain)
#40 (Competitive Balance Round A)

018 Draft Names to Watch

RHP Kumar Rocker, N Oconnee HS, Georgia.
Spoiler!

OF Jarred Kelenic, Waukasha West HS, WI
Spoiler!

1B Triston Casas, American Heritage HS (FL).
Spoiler!

RHP Carter Stewart, Eau de Gallie HS (Ga).
Spoiler!

ANY Any, Any (Any). Any current top projected pick who slides for injury concerns. Includes current top prospect prospect SP Brady Singer, U of Florida.

Current Prospects to Watch:

OF Seuly Matias - Huge tools. Hit 2 HR in Lexington (A) season opener.

1B Nick Pratto - Top pick in 17 has advanced approach and good glove; needs to start tapping into power in first full year in minors. Also at Lexington.

OF Michael Gigliotti - Good defender in CF, good OBP skills, plus baserunner. Next mainstay in CF for KC, IMO. Advanced college bat also starting at Lexington.

OF Khalil Lee - Probably has highest upside in Royals' system. Could hit 30 HR in majors, could steal 30 bases. Plus defensive ability in RF. Nice test at Wilmington this year.

3B Emmanuel Rivera - Really nice approach and good contact skills. Power is still developing. Also getting a good test at Wilmington.

SP Foster Griffin - Made nice strides in 2017. Needs to continue to progress in 2018. Could be a lefty version of Jakob Junis (good breaking ball that he can really manipulate, OK fastball, good command).

1B Samir Duenez - Duenez still is intriguing, hoping for a step forward in his power production this year at Northwest Arkansas, which would turn him into a legit prospect.

Others to keep an eye on:
SP Gerson Garabito (Wilmington), OF Marten Gasparini (Lexington), C MJ Melendez (Lexington), RP Tyler Zuber (lexington), RP Richard Lovelady (Omaha), SP Dan Tillo (Lexington), SS Nicky Lopez (NWA), SP Scott Blewett (NWA), OF Brewer Hicklen (Idaho Falls),

In general, Lexington and Wilmington are the most interesting spots to watch. Nice depth and a lot of interesting pieces at both.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 08:01 AM 10-13-2018
Can’t believe Cain dropped that ball?

The Cain of 14-15 would not have dropped that.
[Reply]
DJay23 08:09 AM 10-13-2018
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
Can’t believe Cain dropped that ball?

The Cain of 14-15 would not have dropped that.
Hell, he was so good in 14 it wouldn't have even looked difficult.
[Reply]
dlphg9 08:18 AM 10-13-2018
Originally Posted by WhawhaWhat:
If he was weak he would have quit trying years ago.
I think he's a mental midget. Hes a borderline hypochondriac. Keeps having mysterious injuries year after year after year. I understand guys get hurt but has there ever been someone who has gotten hurt as much as him? He's only pitched in 85 games in 6 years.
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 08:49 AM 10-13-2018
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
I think he's a mental midget. Hes a borderline hypochondriac. Keeps having mysterious injuries year after year after year. I understand guys get hurt but has there ever been someone who has gotten hurt as much as him? He's only pitched in 85 games in 6 years.
Sounds like he went through a pretty tough process trying to get healthy and seems excited about the way his body feels now.
[Reply]
WhawhaWhat 08:54 AM 10-13-2018
Mark Prior, Bryan Bullington, Kyle Drabek, endless other guys. Are we really going to pretend that pitchers with chronic arm problems are a new thing?
[Reply]
Chiefspants 08:56 AM 10-13-2018
Shoulder problems are a whole different beast. It’s still career ending for a lot of pitchers after the first diagnosis.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 09:50 AM 10-13-2018
So we're saying Zimmer is the new Rick Ankiel eh?
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 11:40 AM 10-13-2018
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower:
So we're saying Zimmer is the new Rick Ankiel eh?
I could see Ned putting Zimmer in the OF.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 11:42 AM 10-13-2018

If that were true, as pointed out, he wouldn’t keep trying.

He’s had surgery on his arm every offseason, starting in 2014.

Hes had his elbow scoped. Hes had his should scoped. Hes had his shoulder debriefed of bone (INCREDIBLY painful). He’s had thoracic outlet surgery.

The guy’s body hasn’t been working very well for him. But that doesn’t mean he’s mentally weak. It just means his body is probably too frail to stand up to the rigors of routinely throwing a ball 90+ mph.

We’ll see if driveline can fix him. I doubt it, but you have to give him credit for trying.

He’s a millionaire from a wealthy family who has a good education from an elite private university. If he was just a pussy, he would have hung up the glove a while ago.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 03:43 PM 10-13-2018
Lorenzo Cain is putting up an absolute clinic so far in Game 2 of the NLCS.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 04:16 PM 10-13-2018
I'll say this...."AFTER" the K is finished & torn down.

I hope the Royals build a Miller Park-type stadium. That place is perfect & the retractable roof is fantastic. You get the best of both worlds. Outdoor baseball when the weather is great & protection from the elements when it's bad. Plenty of glass which makes it all feel open.
[Reply]
suzzer99 09:56 PM 10-13-2018
It seems like every pitcher in both games today adds a 5 second pause after coming set. Unbearable to watch after a while.
[Reply]
kcpasco 10-13-2018, 10:04 PM
This message has been deleted by kcpasco.
tk13 11:45 PM 10-13-2018
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:
I'll say this...."AFTER" the K is finished & torn down.

I hope the Royals build a Miller Park-type stadium. That place is perfect & the retractable roof is fantastic. You get the best of both worlds. Outdoor baseball when the weather is great & protection from the elements when it's bad. Plenty of glass which makes it all feel open.
I have to say I don't think any of the retractable roof stadiums feel nearly as open as the K. They're fine but it's a different ballgame. You still feel like you're in an enclosed space. I think stadiums like the K and even Busch Stadium feel a lot more "open". It certainly helps sell tickets if fans know there isn't going to be a rain out though.
[Reply]
tk13 11:23 PM 10-16-2018
We all knew this, but Machado is just dirty. Just in this NLCS he hit the catcher in the head with a 3rd strike swing and walked away, got in trouble for sliding dirty into 2nd, and tonight just about started something with Jesus Aguilar at 1st base by dragging his foot across the bag to purposely clip his ankle. I remember when Yordano got into it with him and everybody bagged on Yordano for being dirty.
[Reply]
CaliforniaChief 11:58 PM 10-16-2018
I never liked Machado because he played for the Orioles, who I associated with LaCanfora and the most butthurt fans ever.

But man, I didn't realize the level of douchebaggery that he's achieved. Not just what he did tonight, but also his interview about not hustling...he's just a jackass.

I was already rooting for the Brewers, but man now I'm all in.
[Reply]
Page 325 of 328
« First < 225275315321322323324325 326327328 >
Up