ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 324 of 328
« First < 224274314320321322323324 325326327328 >
Nzoner's Game Room>*** Official 2018 Royals Repository ***
duncan_idaho 09:18 PM 04-06-2018
The season is upon us, even if spring is not.

2018 MLB Draft Picks
#33 - Compensation (Eric Hosmer)
#34 - Compensation (Lorenzo Cain)
#40 (Competitive Balance Round A)

018 Draft Names to Watch

RHP Kumar Rocker, N Oconnee HS, Georgia.
Spoiler!

OF Jarred Kelenic, Waukasha West HS, WI
Spoiler!

1B Triston Casas, American Heritage HS (FL).
Spoiler!

RHP Carter Stewart, Eau de Gallie HS (Ga).
Spoiler!

ANY Any, Any (Any). Any current top projected pick who slides for injury concerns. Includes current top prospect prospect SP Brady Singer, U of Florida.

Current Prospects to Watch:

OF Seuly Matias - Huge tools. Hit 2 HR in Lexington (A) season opener.

1B Nick Pratto - Top pick in 17 has advanced approach and good glove; needs to start tapping into power in first full year in minors. Also at Lexington.

OF Michael Gigliotti - Good defender in CF, good OBP skills, plus baserunner. Next mainstay in CF for KC, IMO. Advanced college bat also starting at Lexington.

OF Khalil Lee - Probably has highest upside in Royals' system. Could hit 30 HR in majors, could steal 30 bases. Plus defensive ability in RF. Nice test at Wilmington this year.

3B Emmanuel Rivera - Really nice approach and good contact skills. Power is still developing. Also getting a good test at Wilmington.

SP Foster Griffin - Made nice strides in 2017. Needs to continue to progress in 2018. Could be a lefty version of Jakob Junis (good breaking ball that he can really manipulate, OK fastball, good command).

1B Samir Duenez - Duenez still is intriguing, hoping for a step forward in his power production this year at Northwest Arkansas, which would turn him into a legit prospect.

Others to keep an eye on:
SP Gerson Garabito (Wilmington), OF Marten Gasparini (Lexington), C MJ Melendez (Lexington), RP Tyler Zuber (lexington), RP Richard Lovelady (Omaha), SP Dan Tillo (Lexington), SS Nicky Lopez (NWA), SP Scott Blewett (NWA), OF Brewer Hicklen (Idaho Falls),

In general, Lexington and Wilmington are the most interesting spots to watch. Nice depth and a lot of interesting pieces at both.
[Reply]
siberian khatru 11:17 AM 10-10-2018
On this day in 1980 ... my fondest sports memory.

October 10, 1980: George Brett hits a three-run home run in Game 3 of the ALCS. The Royals sweep the Yankees and win their first American League pennant. #RaisedRoyal pic.twitter.com/rbwFmeosi6

— Kansas City Royals (@Royals) October 10, 2018

[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 11:50 AM 10-10-2018
The ALCS this year will feature two 100 win teams for the first time since 1977 with the Royals/Yankees.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 11:53 AM 10-10-2018
Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry:
The ALCS this year will feature two 100 win teams for the first time since 1977 with the Royals/Yankees.
Also isn't this the first time in 15 years the NL topped the AL during interleague games?
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 11:57 AM 10-10-2018
Originally Posted by siberian khatru:
On this day in 1980 ... my fondest sports memory.

Then we lost to the Philly's and Pete Rose spiking the baseball after the 3rd out at first every inning... Great season for the Royals though, finally busting through the Yanks.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 12:07 PM 10-10-2018
I guessed 1980 was our best team. So I looked up the FG all time data and they have us 2/50 Royals teams by WAR. Interestingly we only have 1 team ever with a WAR over 90.5 wins. That seems awfully low.

That team had a WAR of 98 wins.

We have record of 3842-4119. Our WAR, or expected wins is extremely close at 3825. Our good teams shouldn't have won as often as they did and our bad ones prob not as bad as their record (we win 58 this year but WAR was 66. Shitty pen!)
[Reply]
Great Expectations 12:50 PM 10-10-2018
I think that is a pretty common mistake with WAR. I think it under values great players and over values average ones. I think Mike Trout is more than a WAR of 10. We had a combined war of around 2.2 in CF this year. I think we win more than 66 games if he is our starting centerfielder. It changes how teams pitch to the guy in front of him and when he gets on base it changes how those guys are pitched to.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 03:45 PM 10-10-2018
Maybe, but all time the fWAR explains 99.6% of our actual wins. Incredible how tight that is. WAR is a mathematic certainty, you can fool it here or there I guess.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 06:36 PM 10-10-2018
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
I guessed 1980 was our best team. So I looked up the FG all time data and they have us 2/50 Royals teams by WAR. Interestingly we only have 1 team ever with a WAR over 90.5 wins. That seems awfully low.

That team had a WAR of 98 wins.

We have record of 3842-4119. Our WAR, or expected wins is extremely close at 3825. Our good teams shouldn't have won as often as they did and our bad ones prob not as bad as their record (we win 58 this year but WAR was 66. Shitty pen!)
WAR is a gay stat
[Reply]
OKchiefs 04:47 PM 10-11-2018
https://www.mlb.com/royals/news/pros...ls/c-297588020

Some news on Kyle Zimmer. I wouldn't get my hopes up, but at least it's something relatively positive during a slow period.
[Reply]
DanT 05:26 PM 10-11-2018
Originally Posted by OKchiefs:

Some news on Kyle Zimmer. I wouldn't get my hopes up, but at least it's something relatively positive during a slow period.
Wouldn't that be great, for our 2012 first-round draft pick to get to enjoy being a productive major leaguer finally? I hope the new conditioning program leads to sustained success for him!
[Reply]
dlphg9 06:10 PM 10-11-2018
Originally Posted by OKchiefs:

The guy is just a pussy.
[Reply]
suzzer99 10:49 PM 10-12-2018
When I saw the score went from 6-1 to 6-5 late - I KNEW Soria had to be involved. Dude just has a knack for giving up the huge runs the last few years. I bet he got to 0-2 on a few batters too before giving up hits.
[Reply]
Willie Lanier 11:25 PM 10-12-2018
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
Maybe, but all time the fWAR explains 99.6% of our actual wins. Incredible how tight that is. WAR is a mathematic certainty, you can fool it here or there I guess.
I'm a big fan of metrics that help solve the nuances of baseball...

I proudly admit that I don't know the game in enough detail to claim any kind of legitimacy when talking baseball, so those metrics really do help me when trying to hold a conversation with baseball guys...
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 07:19 AM 10-13-2018
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
The guy is just a pussy.

He’s definitely not tough. Some guys’ bodies are not designed to hold up to the rigors of throwing as hard as a major leaguer does.

I think it’s less him being weak and more his body just failing. Maybe the driveline thing will go all fix things.

It’s a shame. He was a Verlander clone before the injury (plus plus FB, plus plus curve, control, plus slider)
[Reply]
WhawhaWhat 07:44 AM 10-13-2018
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
He’s definitely not tough. Some guys’ bodies are not designed to hold up to the rigors of throwing as hard as a major leaguer does.

I think it’s less him being weak and more his body just failing. Maybe the driveline thing will go all fix things.

It’s a shame. He was a Verlander clone before the injury (plus plus FB, plus plus curve, control, plus slider)
If he was weak he would have quit trying years ago.
[Reply]
Page 324 of 328
« First < 224274314320321322323324 325326327328 >
Up