ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2270 of 4814
« First < 1270177021702220226022662267226822692270 227122722273227422802320237027703270 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Broncos news megathread
ROYC75 04:26 PM 08-12-2014
Discussion: All things Broncos.
[Reply]
TEX 09:10 AM 02-20-2019
Originally Posted by Mile High Mania:
It's optics and while the last few years have been a mess and however you would like to frame their success from 2011-2015, it was on his watch. They're three years removed from winning a SB and having competed in 2 SBs.

Right or wrong, it will take a few more years of hell before they build up the guts to fire him and take the heat for removing a legend. That's just how it is, Elway has been an icon in Denver for nearly 4 decades.

Remains to be seen how 2019 plays out if they are over .500 - that task of moving him out gets tougher. Call me blind, loyal to a fault, whatever... but, yes, while he's made some bad mistakes, I'm fine with him at the helm right now.
Blind, loyal to a fault, whatever...

FWIW, I hope they NEVER get rid of Elway. Let's just say my reasoning is different from yours. :-)
[Reply]
TEX 09:29 AM 02-20-2019
Originally Posted by SAUTO:
You admitted to it. Dumbass
Is there any way for you to ban yourself? :-)
[Reply]
BlackOp 10:50 AM 02-20-2019
Call me blind, loyal to a fault, whatever... but, yes, while he's made some bad mistakes, I'm fine with him at the helm right now.
Some? Trying to resign Oz...bringing in Sanchez, Lynch, Flacco and Keesum. Bolles, Stephenson and Watson?

I'm trying to figure out why they felt the need to give up a 4th for Flacco. Ravens were going to outright cut him. There wasn't going to be a big market for him at $18 million. Tannehill, Bridgewater, Foles, Fitzpatrick...Keenum were going to saturate the market. I would take all 5 of them before Flaccid...

They could have got him cheaper and without draft capital. He's been one of...if not the WORST QB over the past few years.

Horseface has been 20-28 since Manning left...lucking into a HOF QB really padded his stats. Had HGH boy retired, his W-L record would likely be sub .500 as there hasn't been a lot of quality college QBs until recently.

I saw Sanders is refusing to take a pay cut....so he's likely gone. That leaves Flacco with Sutton (42/700/4 tds) and Lindsay. Paradis looks to be leaving too..

Flacco is going to get hurt behind that o-line... and who is he going to throw to before that?

Donks have some ruff sledding ahead of them...
[Reply]
King_Chief_Fan 11:05 AM 02-20-2019
It's optics and while the last few years have been a mess and however you would like to frame their success from 2011-2015, it was on his watch. They're three years removed from winning a SB and having competed in 2 SBs.

Right or wrong, it will take a few more years of hell before they build up the guts to fire him and take the heat for removing a legend. That's just how it is, Elway has been an icon in Denver for nearly 4 decades.

Remains to be seen how 2019 plays out if they are over .500 - that task of moving him out gets tougher. Call me blind, loyal to a fault, whatever... but, yes, while he's made some bad mistakes, I'm fine with him at the helm right now.
I think I speak for all Chiefs fans when I say that there is hope that you and other dummies continue to be fine with Elway. I personally hope he is the one who continues to pick QB
[Reply]
TEX 11:12 AM 02-20-2019
Originally Posted by BlackOp:
Horseface has been 20-28 since Manning left...lucking into a HOF QB really padded his stats. Had HGH boy retired, his W-L record would likely be sub .500 as there hasn't been a lot of quality college QBs until recently.

I saw Sanders is refusing to take a pay cut....so he's likely gone.

Donks have some ruff sledding ahead of them...
MHM feels it will be a quick turnaround. :-)

Lucking into Manning saved Elway. Not just because he got a HOF QB, but also because of all the players who followed him. That's all gone now. It's going to be a LONG time before the Cheating Donx even sniff relevancy again.
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 11:25 AM 02-20-2019
Originally Posted by TEX:

Lucking into Manning saved Elway. Not just because he got a HOF QB, but also because of all the players who followed him. That's all gone now. It's going to be a LONG time before the Cheating Donx even sniff relevancy again.
Cmon man, top WR’s will be taking a discount to go play with Flacco. He’s a generational talent. He turns chicken salad, into chicken sh... ummm well whatever he does. It’s not good. I’m 100% behind Failway on this move. Is the same person who helped him with the draft last year helping him again??
[Reply]
BlackOp 11:57 AM 02-20-2019

They are going to need 3 straight years of stellar drafting...Peko is going to be 35....they need a center, 1-2 WRs, TE, NT, CB, S, QB, LB.

The beauty of having so many holes is they can draft BPA and likely fill a need.

I would assume they are going to have to move up in 2020 to grab a top QB... so that's going to be expensive...then at least a year of rookie QB lumps.

So maybe 2021, if everything goes almost perfect, they might be in the running for a WC spot. Harris will be 33 at that point...and Miller?

At least 2 more losing seasons ahead for the Donks...
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 12:27 PM 02-20-2019
Originally Posted by BlackOp:
They are going to need 3 straight years of stellar drafting...Peko is going to be 35....they need a center, 1-2 WRs, TE, NT, CB, S, QB, LB.

The beauty of having so many holes is they can draft BPA and likely fill a need.

I would assume they are going to have to move up in 2020 to grab a top QB... so that's going to be expensive...then at least a year of rookie QB lumps.

So maybe 2021, if everything goes almost perfect, they might be in the running for a WC spot. Harris will be 33 at that point...and Miller?

At least 2 more losing seasons ahead for the Donks...
Whether they say it or not, they're rebuilding - no doubt about it. Lots of holes to fill.
[Reply]
Michelangelo 12:31 PM 02-20-2019
Blind, loyal to a fault, whatever...

FWIW, I hope they NEVER get rid of Elway. Let's just say my reasoning is different from yours. :-)
I bet you were thrilled when the Broncos were the worst team in the league (2nd half of 2009 to 2010-dead last in wins), and they hired Elway to right the ship. He went on to win 5 straight division champs, 2 AFC titles, and a SB. Don’t say it was all Manning. He was only good in 2012 and 2013. He fell off the cliff midway through 2014. Osweiler beat the #1 and #2 seeds during the regular season to get Broncos HFA so they could carry Manning to a SB from there.
[Reply]
O.city 12:31 PM 02-20-2019
If they can get the QB spot right, they'll be fine.

Easier said than done.
[Reply]
RealSNR 12:50 PM 02-20-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:
If they can get the QB spot right, they'll be fine.

Easier said than done.

Signed,

Every Chiefs team from 1975-2017
[Reply]
Camaro 12:51 PM 02-20-2019

Been trying to tell broncos fans that for about 5 years now, most of them have their heads so far elway’s ass they won’t listen.
[Reply]
RealSNR 12:51 PM 02-20-2019
Originally Posted by Michelangelo:
Don’t say it was all Manning.
It was all Manning.
[Reply]
New World Order 12:54 PM 02-20-2019
Has Knowmo returned
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 12:55 PM 02-20-2019
Originally Posted by New World Order:
Has Knowmo returned
:-)
[Reply]
Page 2270 of 4814
« First < 1270177021702220226022662267226822692270 227122722273227422802320237027703270 > Last »
Up