ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 233 of 341
« First < 133183223229230231232233 234235236237243283333 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Off Season Lets Talk Guns, Part 2
HonestChieffan 11:58 AM 01-23-2011
Been a while since we had a guns n' ammo discussion.

Some of you are AR shooters Im sure. Im looking at a Colt 6920. Will be my first AR. Picked up a Glock this fall and really enjoy shooting it. Any feedback on that weapon?

Anyone else been in a buy/sell/trade mood with hardware?
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:11 AM 09-15-2020
Originally Posted by Bwana:
I'm going to dump about 1900 rounds of .223 all steel. I have a lot more than that in brass and my AR's don't like steel at all. I'll probably stick them in the Shifty Nickle, I'm just trying to figure out a price per box. Thoughts?
What kind do you have?

I've got about 2K rounds of that steel-jacketed wolf because it was damn cheap. I've never really tried to pour rounds through my S&W but it's seemed to handle it well enough in little 10 shot bursts on a obstacle range, etc...

Extraction issues? What's the problem with it?
[Reply]
Bwana 09:14 AM 09-15-2020
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Wait I know a guy . Give me til later today to see if he wants it.

The regs are a huge pain in the ass to ship, so I'll probably sell it locally.
[Reply]
Bwana 09:20 AM 09-15-2020
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
What kind do you have?

I've got about 2K rounds of that steel-jacketed wolf because it was damn cheap. I've never really tried to pour rounds through my S&W but it's seemed to handle it well enough in little 10 shot bursts on a obstacle range, etc...

Extraction issues? What's the problem with it?

There is a picture attached. I was getting to many jams with the steel.
[Reply]
Randallflagg 09:23 AM 09-15-2020
I'm going to dump about 1900 rounds of .223 all steel. I have a lot more than that in brass and my AR's don't like steel at all. I'll probably stick them in the Shifty Nickle, I'm just trying to figure out a price per box. Thoughts?

Nice! Unfortunately me and steel doesn't get along too well....... :-)
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:28 AM 09-15-2020
There is a picture attached. I was getting to many jams with the steel.
I meant what kind of rifle.

Chopping rounds was the common complaint I'd heard w/ the steel jackets. Do you have to be heavy on the trigger to get the jams or will it do it under fairly steady firing?
[Reply]
Bwana 09:31 AM 09-15-2020
Originally Posted by Randallflagg:
Nice! Unfortunately me and steel doesn't get along too well....... :-)

Yeah it's great for my AK's, not so much for my AR's. I'm thinking.50 a round, $10 a box. I think I'm going to sell an AK pistol and a S&W .357 at the same time. I have a lot of guns and those, I don't ever seem to use. I'll probably be looking around for a S&W 629 44 mag when the dust settles. That is the only gun I ever sold, that I now regret.
[Reply]
Bwana 09:36 AM 09-15-2020
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
I meant what kind of rifle.

Chopping rounds was the common complaint I'd heard w/ the steel jackets. Do you have to be heavy on the trigger to get the jams or will it do it under fairly steady firing?

The one that really hates it is the DPMS. It seems to jam any way I shoot it with steel. With brass, it's flawless. I haven't tried the ammo in the DD or the S&W. The DPMS is my ATV knock around rifle. Great gun, other than it hates steel.
[Reply]
Megatron96 10:22 AM 09-15-2020
The regs are a huge pain in the ass to ship, so I'll probably sell it locally.
Hmm. Didn't know that. Box stores always ship directly to my house, and I've shipped small quantities many years ago to myself or my brother, so I thought it wasn't an issue. Oh well, never mind then.
[Reply]
Randallflagg 09:16 AM 09-16-2020
The one that really hates it is the DPMS. It seems to jam any way I shoot it with steel. With brass, it's flawless. I haven't tried the ammo in the DD or the S&W. The DPMS is my ATV knock around rifle. Great gun, other than it hates steel.

I know that DPMS gets a bad rap - but some 4 years or so back, I bought the DPMS AR-10. I have never had ONE malfunction of any kind out of that gun. Works like a champ. I sort of bought it on a whim (the price was right) and have never regretted it once. I don't know, maybe I got lucky :-)

But....I don't fire steel out of it....
[Reply]
Buehler445 03:35 PM 09-16-2020
So What did we decide on steel cases bullets? Found some decently priced 9mm steel cased.

Would be going though an AR-9 that I posted above and a Beretta 92FS
[Reply]
Megatron96 03:43 PM 09-16-2020
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
So What did we decide on steel cases bullets? Found some decently priced 9mm steel cased.

Short straight/tapered wall steel cases will run just fine through appropriate guns. Steel case becomes a problem in some rifle caliber, bottleneck type cartridges. High pressure cartridges might also be a problem, but I wouldn't know anything about that, just guessing. High pressure would be something like .357 magnum or .44 magnum, perhaps some +P/+P+ rounds.
[Reply]
Buehler445 03:47 PM 09-16-2020
Originally Posted by Buehler445:

Annnnd it’s out of stock. LOL. Fuck 2020.
[Reply]
vailpass 10:46 AM 09-19-2020
With the passing of RBG and the resultant cries for violent resistance from some on the left could this already ultra-tight gun and ammo market get even tighter?

What's the worst you long-timers have seen in terms of supply shortage?
[Reply]
Bowser 11:14 AM 09-19-2020
I've fiddle-fucked around for months about getting a long rifle and I'm afraid I've missed my window for purchasing something quality at a reasonable price at this point.
[Reply]
Raiderhater 11:53 AM 09-19-2020
Originally Posted by vailpass:
With the passing of RBG and the resultant cries for violent resistance from some on the left could this already ultra-tight gun and ammo market get even tighter?

What's the worst you long-timers have seen in terms of supply shortage?
It took a good couple of years for stock and prices to even begin to normalize after the Sandy Hook run. It happened in a weird way, too. In the beginning .22 ammo remained unscathed and then all of the sudden there was a run on that. Even after ammo started showing back up on the shelves .22 still couldn’t be found for quite a while, thus dragging out the period even longer.
[Reply]
Page 233 of 341
« First < 133183223229230231232233 234235236237243283333 > Last »
Up