ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 232 of 341
« First < 132182222228229230231232 233234235236242282332 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Off Season Lets Talk Guns, Part 2
HonestChieffan 11:58 AM 01-23-2011
Been a while since we had a guns n' ammo discussion.

Some of you are AR shooters Im sure. Im looking at a Colt 6920. Will be my first AR. Picked up a Glock this fall and really enjoy shooting it. Any feedback on that weapon?

Anyone else been in a buy/sell/trade mood with hardware?
[Reply]
Shiver Me Timbers 06:34 PM 09-12-2020
"wasted" 300 rounds today. Had a blast. 556 "pistol" at 25 yards mostly. shot the HK P2000 (sig 357 cal) at 10 yards as well. My groupings were a bit off but still decent. Should have laid off the caffeine this AM.
I decided to go shootin' after watching the first 3 quarters of the kstate game. Arkansas state-wtf.................
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 06:43 PM 09-12-2020
Originally Posted by Shiver Me Timbers:
"wasted" 300 rounds today. Had a blast. 556 "pistol" at 25 yards mostly. shot the HK P2000 (sig 357 cal) at 10 yards as well. My groupings were a bit off but still decent. Should have laid off the caffeine this AM.
I decided to go shootin' after watching the first 3 quarters of the kstate game. Arkansas state-wtf.................
My Alma mater is better than people think.
[Reply]
Shiver Me Timbers 07:30 PM 09-12-2020
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup:
My Alma mater is better than people think.
I hope that is the case.
the alternative takes me back to the Coach Dickey dayz
[Reply]
Randallflagg 07:26 AM 09-13-2020

:-) If you are shooting - there's no such thing as "wasting" ammo.. :-)
[Reply]
Raiderhater 11:05 AM 09-13-2020
They should have been men of their word and boycotted the season after the student with a sense of humor was not wrongfully thrown out of school. Pussies.
[Reply]
srvy 03:02 PM 09-14-2020
Originally Posted by tmax63:
For Missouri hunting and looking at less recoil it would be really hard to find anything outperforming a 243 or a 260. As said earlier it's hard to shoot farther than 200 yards there. Come out to CO or Montana and you want something flatter. I carry a 264 win mag. It'll shoot farther than I can. As I have gotten older I've discovered that recoil isn't that enjoyable to me and my days of a 300 Weatherby are gone and if I need a bigger bullet my 325 short mag or 35 Whelen are up to the task. Right tool for the right job.
When I was younger and not yet married Xmas bonus always meant a trip to John Walls General Store in Blairstown Mo. I would buy the yearly special release caliber Remington 700 Classic. Some I have sold off now but I have kept my 700 classics in 280 rem 300 Weatherby 35 Whelen. That 300 Weatherby is a shouldered cannon it will kick the piss out of you if you don't lock in good. The 35 Whelan is a great Missouri brush gun for whitetails or even out west for Elk in the aspen and pines.

I miss John Wall his gunshop went to hell after he died. The guy didn't keep good inventory it was all in his head what he had and what wood was on the stock and if it was good grain on the walnut. that was 2 floors of boxes upon boxs of rifles and shotguns. It was hard to beat a deal by John Wall and if you had a trade he would treat you fair.
[Reply]
srvy 03:14 PM 09-14-2020
The Fatal Five. The .35 Whelen, center, developed in 1922, surrounded by the cartridges which inspired it, left to right: 9.3x62mm Mauser (1905), .350 Rigby Magnum (1908), and those which it in turn inspired, .350 Remington Magnum (1965), .376 Steyr.

The .35 Whelen is famous for being a favorite Moose round. Its really to heavy for Whitetails but many in Timberlots like southern Missouri, Michigan, Minnesota and Wisconsin swear buy it.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:20 PM 09-14-2020
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Right. And heavier weapon and longer barrel will help too.

Couple years ago I bought an AR15 and couldn't believe how little kick there was. And it's light with a pretty short barrel.

But as far as ballistics, you'll have to go with what Mac said, he's far more knowledgeable than I am.

BTW, Congrats on your upcoming gun purchase :-)
So the boy decided to demonstrate his arm-strength again.

2 years old, fired a missile w/ the remote control into my LG OLED. Of course he picks the most expensive damn piece of electronic equipment in the house he could possibly break. Throw remotes at the fridge, dude - you can't break it. Or pick the crappy TV in my shop - I'll be out a hundred bucks.

Nah - one piece of expensive and delicate equipment in my house and the kid killed it.

And the hell of it was that he wasn't even mad. He's just two and it fit in his hand and he thought it would be fun to throw it. He had no concept of throwing it AT anything, let alone the TV.

And sadly, I'm pretty sure I know where my rifle money just went...

Swear words. And the ironic part is I was buying it in part for HIM to end up with it in 20-30 years. Boys are dicks.
[Reply]
ghak99 10:30 PM 09-14-2020
Originally Posted by srvy:
The Fatal Five. The .35 Whelen, center, developed in 1922, surrounded by the cartridges which inspired it, left to right: 9.3x62mm Mauser (1905), .350 Rigby Magnum (1908), and those which it in turn inspired, .350 Remington Magnum (1965), .376 Steyr.

The .35 Whelen is famous for being a favorite Moose round. Its really to heavy for Whitetails but many in Timberlots like southern Missouri, Michigan, Minnesota and Wisconsin swear buy it.
Whelen's new little brother, the 350 legend, seems to be catching on.
[Reply]
Buehler445 10:49 PM 09-14-2020
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
So the boy decided to demonstrate his arm-strength again.

2 years old, fired a missile w/ the remote control into my LG OLED. Of course he picks the most expensive damn piece of electronic equipment in the house he could possibly break. Throw remotes at the fridge, dude - you can't break it. Or pick the crappy TV in my shop - I'll be out a hundred bucks.

Nah - one piece of expensive and delicate equipment in my house and the kid killed it.

And the hell of it was that he wasn't even mad. He's just two and it fit in his hand and he thought it would be fun to throw it. He had no concept of throwing it AT anything, let alone the TV.

And sadly, I'm pretty sure I know where my rifle money just went...

Swear words. And the ironic part is I was buying it in part for HIM to end up with it in 20-30 years. Boys are dicks.
Bro hug.

I have a 2 year old that loves to throw shit too. Fortunately, he's learned that balls are for throwing. Just the other I was working on my laptop on the island in the kitchen. The island is like 60 acres. It's huge. So my jackass son manages to hit the 1 cup of water and douched the whole thing. Got my laptop off and wife got her watch off in time, but Christ kid.

I feel you dawg. Shit's tight at the Buehler445 household too, recently bought the wife a new car and having a car payment for the first time in 5 years BLOWS.
[Reply]
Funkstown 11:36 PM 09-14-2020
I’m currently looking at getting a CT DELTA BCM - AR15. I mostly own glock 9’s and standard 22’s.
[Reply]
Buehler445 11:46 PM 09-14-2020
Originally Posted by Funkstown:
I’m currently looking at getting a CT DELTA BCM - AR15. I mostly own glock 9’s and standard 22’s.
Buy it before they disappear.
[Reply]
Randallflagg 07:59 AM 09-15-2020
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Buy it before they disappear.

Yeah, I agree.....anything (well most anything) to do with shooting is quickly gone....I'm so glad that I always keep a good supply of ammo around. At the rate we are going, it might be months AFTER this nonsense pandemic goes away...
[Reply]
Bwana 08:58 AM 09-15-2020
I'm going to dump about 1900 rounds of .223 all steel. I have a lot more than that in brass and my AR's don't like steel at all. I'll probably stick them in the Shifty Nickle, I'm just trying to figure out a price per box. Thoughts?
Attached: Ammo1.jpg (120.1 KB) 
[Reply]
Megatron96 09:04 AM 09-15-2020
Originally Posted by Bwana:
I'm going to dump about 1900 rounds of .223 all steel. I have a lot more than that in brass and my AR's don't like steel at all. I'll probably stick them in the Shifty Nickle, I'm just trying to figure out a price per box. Thoughts?
Wait I know a guy . Give me til later today to see if he wants it.
[Reply]
Page 232 of 341
« First < 132182222228229230231232 233234235236242282332 > Last »
Up