ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 17 of 40
« First < 71314151617 1819202127 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official 2020 STL Cardinals Thread***
BigRedChief 01:21 PM 02-13-2020
2020 Opening Day Lineup

Spoiler!

For the new Cardinal fans that joined the Planet since last year.....
2019 Thread
https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=320239
2018 Thread
https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=312812
2012 Thread
https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=254619
etc.
All the way back to 2006 WS
https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=312812
[Reply]
BigRedChief 04:02 PM 08-15-2020

Showing off his 50 speed grade. The future is bright. #stlcards https://t.co/o73d68lYfK

— Cardinal Metrics (@CardinalMetrics) August 15, 2020

[Reply]
Jewish Rabbi 04:13 PM 08-15-2020
Reyes with a nice inning. Would be huge to finally get him back.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 04:21 PM 08-15-2020
Originally Posted by Jewish Rabbi:

Alex Reyes bringing the heat. Faces three and strikes out three in season debut. His velo for the strike 3s: 99.5, 98.2, 98.2. That is great to see! #STLCards

— Cardinals Magazine (@CardsMagazine) August 15, 2020

[Reply]
BigRedChief 05:26 PM 08-15-2020

Proud moment!!! pic.twitter.com/88rh3ook3g

— Jeff Carlson (@ElkGroveBB) August 15, 2020

[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:57 PM 08-15-2020
Originally Posted by Jewish Rabbi:
Video

Welcome back! https://t.co/rdfleVPlRT

— stlCupofJoe (@stlCupofJoe) August 16, 2020

[Reply]
VAChief 06:20 AM 08-16-2020
Reyes was throwing more fluidly than I last saw him especially with the fastball. Still inconsistent with his breaking pitches, but a great first outing back nonetheless.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 12:59 PM 08-16-2020
This guy looks like the real deal.

#cardscaptions https://t.co/5HAtOHRh5N pic.twitter.com/asi81epaIo

— cardinalsgifs (@cardinalsgifs) August 16, 2020

[Reply]
DJ's left nut 01:14 PM 08-16-2020
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Video

He's still late off and dragging his pitching arm.

It'll give him filthy stuff until he breaks down. Again.

Very very few pitchers can physically hold together throwing a ball like that and Reyes has already proved he's not one of them. Frustrates me that they let him start doing that 5 years ago and it frustrates me even more that they didn't take 2 years worth of wasted service time and at least used it to calm that delivery down.

Yeah, he'd lose 3-4 MPH, but he'd get more movement, his curveball would improve and he'd probably be able to actually take the mound (even start games) for a full season.

Reyes just looks like a tragic right-off to me even when he's throwing fire.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 03:08 PM 08-16-2020
Hey DJ and or others in the know, that Seth Elledge looked like he had fantastic stuff. Was it just a good day for the guy or can he pitch like that consistently?

Edit from a tweet:
acquired him in a trade with the @Mariners for Sam Tuivailala.

Elledge averaged greater than 10 K/9 in his time in minors.
[Reply]
Jewish Rabbi 08:33 PM 08-17-2020
Dilly Bar finna hit a walk off HR
[Reply]
Marco Polo 07:21 AM 08-18-2020
I was able to watch a few innings yesterday. I've missed baseball. Just wish I could watch them more without subscribing to MLB.tv.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:36 PM 08-18-2020
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Hey DJ and or others in the know, that Seth Elledge looked like he had fantastic stuff. Was it just a good day for the guy or can he pitch like that consistently?

Edit from a tweet:
acquired him in a trade with the @Mariners for Sam Tuivailala.

Elledge averaged greater than 10 K/9 in his time in minors.
He was a 40 man acquisition. Tui was out of options, we had a 40 man crunch and Elledge was still a year away from needing to be added to be protected from the Rule 5 when the deal was made. It cleared both a 25 man and 40 man spot for the upcoming offseason.

I felt at the time like the Mariners had unnecessarily slow-played him and he was ready for a jump in competition. Then he was super mediocre in AA and kinda made me look dumb.

I've sorta felt like he can be another Maness/Thompson sort of 7th inning bridge reliever. My guess is, like those guys, he'll get in trouble if he elevates at all. Typical sinker/slider reliever who can get outs if he can keep hitters from being able to spit on his slider (which they'll be able to do if he's elevating his sinker; location will telegraph the pitch).

Every team has a few guys like this and they'll pitch for 5 years, give you two completely confusing really good ones (think Mitchell Boggs in 2012), then one day they'll have a bad outing...then another...then another and that'll be that.

Fine guy to have - they'll probably get some mileage out of him and if he, Gallegos and Hicks can give you 3 years of steady back end relief, you're probably in pretty damn good shape. Especially with guys like Fernandez and the inevitable Alex Reyes: wild-ass reliever carnival ride.

I prefer Woodford as a long-term asset who's as likely as not to end up in the 'pen and Kodi Whitley as a true jam reliever.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 04:45 PM 08-18-2020
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
He was a 40 man acquisition. Tui was out of options, we had a 40 man crunch and Elledge was still a year away from needing to be added to be protected from the Rule 5 when the deal was made. It cleared both a 25 man and 40 man spot for the upcoming offseason.

I felt at the time like the Mariners had unnecessarily slow-played him and he was ready for a jump in competition. Then he was super mediocre in AA and kinda made me look dumb.

I've sorta felt like he can be another Maness/Thompson sort of 7th inning bridge reliever. My guess is, like those guys, he'll get in trouble if he elevates at all. Typical sinker/slider reliever who can get outs if he can keep hitters from being able to spit on his slider (which they'll be able to do if he's elevating his sinker; location will telegraph the pitch).

Every team has a few guys like this and they'll pitch for 5 years, give you two completely confusing really good ones (think Mitchell Boggs in 2012), then one day they'll have a bad outing...then another...then another and that'll be that.

Fine guy to have - they'll probably get some mileage out of him and if he, Gallegos and Hicks can give you 3 years of steady back end relief, you're probably in pretty damn good shape. Especially with guys like Fernandez and the inevitable Alex Reyes: wild-ass reliever carnival ride.

I prefer Woodford as a long-term asset who's as likely as not to end up in the 'pen and Kodi Whitley as a true jam reliever.
thanks man. He looked so good but it was one damn inning. Reyes looked good too but we know he can go off the rails pretty easily. I figured there was no way Mo pulled off a lopsided trade in our favor. It’s been a long time since he did that.

I guess we are going to get more out of him than Tu.
[Reply]
Marcellus 08:17 PM 08-18-2020
Why is Weiters catching almost every day? I get Yadi is out but Kitzner looks better and we need to get some young guys ready to go for the future.
[Reply]
Jewish Rabbi 10:04 PM 08-18-2020
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
Why is Weiters catching almost every day? I get Yadi is out but Kitzner looks better and we need to get some young guys ready to go for the future.
They’ve been split pretty evenly, each taking a game in double headers.

Carlson needs a day off. He’s pressing hard.
[Reply]
Page 17 of 40
« First < 71314151617 1819202127 > Last »
Up