ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 128 of 162
« First < 2878118124125126127128 129130131132138 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>So it’s really just the Steelers [or Bills] right?
RunKC 09:41 PM 09-28-2020
I mean goddamn this conference seems wrapped up doesn’t it? Not trying to jinx us but it really seems like injuries are our biggest opponent at this point.

The Ravens are fucking frauds. They’re a warm up for us. We literally made these guys look like the JV squad the last 2 meetings.

And sure the Bills and Titans may make us work for the win, but in all honesty we have to play pretty goddamn shitty to lose to those guys.

In order to have any shot at beating us you need 3 things:

1. Elite pass rush
2. Top 10 QB capable of making critical plays
3. Overall talented roster

Steelers are the only team in the AFC that has those 3 things, and even them it’s not like they’re some serious threat like the Patriots a couple years back, but they seem like the best of the rest.

I think at this point it would be disappointing for this team to not get to the SB 3 straight times.

We’re just that good, and we keep drafting well and get better and better.
[Reply]
diqlix 12:39 PM 12-18-2020
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
The data is 1990-2017... it took me a minute of looking through the reddit comments to figure out the wording of the comment.

Still doesn't quite make sense though.... there are 3 teams on that graph from '10-'17, so that would mean seven more 3-6 teams made it to the SB in '18 and '19.... and none made it in '19 (stupid Patriots in '18).

And even if it was true, the numbers still heavily favor the 1-2 seeds, considering there are twice as many 3-6 seeds.... I would hope there's enough league parity that out of eighty 3-6 seeds, 10 of them could make it to the SB in a 10 year span.

There's a graphic around that includes Mahomes, but this graphic is all you need to know about AFC parity...

I love this and I also hate this from r/ravens

Correct.

Approximately 50% of Super Bowl teams in the last 10 years, did NOT have a buy.

But once you go past 10 years, that number rises, which skews the 1990-2017 dataset.

(Statistics was my major)

You make a very good observation about there being twice as many lower seeds though.
[Reply]
Megatron96 12:45 PM 12-18-2020
Okay, i get it now.

Though usually when someone says "this is from 1990," what they mean is that 1990 was the last year data was collected.

Thanks for clarifying though.
[Reply]
Bearcat 12:59 PM 12-18-2020
Originally Posted by daquix:
Correct.

Approximately 50% of Super Bowl teams in the last 10 years, did NOT have a buy.

But once you go past 10 years, that number rises, which skews the 1990-2017 dataset.

(Statistics was my major)

You make a very good observation about there being twice as many lower seeds though.
Like I said earlier, that article is wrong. It hasn't happened once since 2012, so it definitely hasn't happened close to 10 times in the past decade.

And looking at that graphic, I can't see any 10 year period where ten 3-6 seeds made the SB.

If the article was written in 2015, that captures 7/12 to ever do it... so at least that's 35% of 3-6 seeds in that 10 year span. And that's 7 out of 80 total teams.

But, when you have 3 AFC QBs make 15/16 SBs prior to Mahomes, it certainly doesn't speak to any level of parity... it's like when the Chiefs had Alex Smith (and no, I'm not saying Allen is Alex Smith...) and would point to Flacco. Yeah, that one time.
[Reply]
Bearcat 01:09 PM 12-18-2020
And just to make everything right in the world, we need the correct graphic.

[Reply]
diqlix 01:22 PM 12-18-2020
But, when you have 3 AFC QBs make 15/16 SBs prior to Mahomes, it certainly doesn't speak to any level of parity... it's like when the Chiefs had Alex Smith (and no, I'm not saying Allen is Alex Smith...) and would point to Flacco. Yeah, that one time.
Agreed 100%.
[Reply]
Funkstown 02:08 PM 12-18-2020
Bills fans where did you all come out of hiding from?
[Reply]
ptlyon 02:31 PM 12-18-2020
And just to make everything right in the world, we need the correct graphic.

Holy fuck
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 02:39 PM 12-18-2020
Originally Posted by daquix:
I didn’t say it did...

Are you always this confused? :-)
You looked like you were trying to make the point that anything can happen...

And with regard to the Chiefs and Bills the only thing happening this year if Mahomes is healthy and you find your way to playing us is a loss for Buffalo.

Maybe next year we can talk but this current Buffalo team doesn't matchup well against us.

Not confused. Stop gaslighting us.
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 02:41 PM 12-18-2020
Got Bills trolls now?

Hm. Guess we'll have to bury them too.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 02:42 PM 12-18-2020
Originally Posted by RaidersOftheCellar:
Got Bills trolls now?

Yeah, you would think they would wait until AFTER they won their first playoff game in 25 years to come here like this but no..

They want in early!

:-)
[Reply]
Cntrygal 02:46 PM 12-18-2020
Hate to break it to you n00bs, but I haven't been hiding nor am I a troll.

Originally Posted by Funkstown:
Bills fans where did you all come out of hiding from?
Originally Posted by RaidersOftheCellar:
Got Bills trolls now?

Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:
Yeah, you would think they would wait until AFTER they won their first playoff game in 25 years to come here like this but no..

They want in early!

[Reply]
Megatron96 02:50 PM 12-18-2020
Originally Posted by Cntrygal:
Hate to break it to you n00bs, but I haven't been hiding nor am I a troll.
they aren't talking about you (I think). They're referencing dqx. Prettry sure anyway.
[Reply]
Cntrygal 02:51 PM 12-18-2020
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
they aren't talking about you (I think). They're referencing dqx. Prettry sure anyway.
lol Okay :-)
[Reply]
mililo4cpa 02:52 PM 12-18-2020
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:

They want in early!

Lol.....I was thinking the same thing

the one Bills guy was like "I wouldn't bet on the Ravens in the playoffs at all...." as if the Bills had won a playoff game since December 1995....

I mean, his point is dead on, but they talk like it hasn't been 25 years.....
[Reply]
Cntrygal 02:55 PM 12-18-2020
Originally Posted by mililo4cpa:
Lol.....I was thinking the same thing

the one Bills guy was like "I wouldn't bet on the Ravens in the playoffs at all...." as if the Bills had won a playoff game since December 1995....

I mean, his point is dead on, but they talk like it hasn't been 25 years.....

I obviously don't know the guy, but I think it's because we're living in the moment. FINALLY, after DECADES of mismanagement and clowns running the show... we're actually seeing positive progress. It's exciting for us to "be in the hunt" past the middle of October.
[Reply]
Page 128 of 162
« First < 2878118124125126127128 129130131132138 > Last »
Up