ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2658 of 3903
« First < 1658215825582608264826542655265626572658 265926602661266226682708275831583658 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
petegz28 08:02 PM 07-18-2020
Originally Posted by lewdog:
7 year anniversary for the wife and I today.

What a shitty time. She’s no better than when this started.
Happy Anniversary....sorta :-)
[Reply]
petegz28 08:03 PM 07-18-2020
Originally Posted by eDave:
I think he's talking about his wedding day.
I didn't wanna go there but I would be lying if I didn't say I wasn't there with you
[Reply]
BryanBusby 08:08 PM 07-18-2020
I imagined something really cool, just for lew.
[Reply]
dirk digler 08:21 PM 07-18-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
Another ****ing straw man? Really? When I found my both my Granparents had cancer I didn't go into a panic that I might have cancer and end up like them. There is a difference between acknowledging a situation and pretending every situation is just like that one.

Mu Boss had all kinds of cancer inside him at the age of 48, my age. He went through surgery and all is well now and he will live a long life.

So what's your point?
You said..."for every serious case there are several non-serious case"

Well my co worker found out she had a breast cancer a month ago, had the procedure and was back to work 3 days later and it is going to have to do a little radiation but she is going to be hopefully fine.

So I should say to her, keep some perspective you had a mild case of breast cancer you are lucky you didn't end up like Kelly Preston?

Covid has already killed 3x as many people this year than breast cancer will..in 6 months. We may have hundreds of thousands of people with long term health issues because of covid.

I have said this before to you, but you come across as minimizing this and that might not be your intention but that is the way it sounds.
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 08:24 PM 07-18-2020
Originally Posted by TLO:
This type of statement never makes any sense to me. There are a lot of things that kill more Americans in 6 months time than died in our biggest wars. And it happens year after year after year.

This doesn't take away anything from covid being a new and scary disease. I just don't get the comparison.
Cancer and car accidents aren’t contagious.
[Reply]
petegz28 08:26 PM 07-18-2020
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
You said..."for every serious case there are several non-serious case"

Well my co worker found out she had a breast cancer a month ago, had the procedure and was back to work 3 days later and it is going to have to do a little radiation but she is going to be hopefully fine.

So I should say to her, keep some perspective you had a mild case of breast cancer you are lucky you didn't end up like Kelly Preston?

Covid has already killed 3x as many people this year than breast cancer will..in 6 months. We may have hundreds of thousands of people with long term health issues because of covid.

I have said this before to you, but you come across as minimizing this and that might not be your intention but that is the way it sounds.
You're rambling. If we went by your logic you would tell everyone who is diagnosed with cancer that they are done and to hang it up because someone else with cancer died. No matter what the data shows, you would be there telling them they are as good as dead.
[Reply]
dirk digler 08:28 PM 07-18-2020
Originally Posted by TLO:
This type of statement never makes any sense to me. There are a lot of things that kill more Americans in 6 months time than died in our biggest wars. And it happens year after year after year.

This doesn't take away anything from covid being a new and scary disease. I just don't get the comparison.

I think about 9-11 alot and how that one singular event that killed 3k of our citizens even 20 years later has such an impact on our lives. Think about all the changes we had to make to never let that happen again.

We are having a 9-11 event every 3 days and NY was having multiples every day during their peak.

And we can't get people to wear masks or social distance...

But if you want to look at death stats, only heart disease and all cancer deaths is beating out Covid.
[Reply]
tyecopeland 08:31 PM 07-18-2020
Why is Alex azar a fuck face?
[Reply]
Kiimo 08:34 PM 07-18-2020
Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath15:
Cancer and car accidents aren’t contagious.

Second hand smoke can give you cancer though so we banned smoking indoors and on planes and people freaked out about having to change their lifestyle to protect other people then too.

We're a nation of selfish assholes who only realize we were being selfish assholes years later and I include myself in that as a former smoker.
[Reply]
petegz28 08:35 PM 07-18-2020
Originally Posted by Kiimosabi:
Second hand smoke can give you cancer though so we banned smoking indoors and on planes and people freaked out about having to change their lifestyle to protect other people then too.

We're a nation of selfish assholes who only realize we were being selfish assholes years later and I include myself in that as a former smoker.
If we got rid of cars we could end deaths related to car accidents too!!!!
[Reply]
dirk digler 08:35 PM 07-18-2020
You're rambling. If we went by your logic you would tell everyone who is diagnosed with cancer that they are done and to hang it up because someone else with cancer died. No matter what the data shows, you would be there telling them they are as good as dead.

No that is not my style and I definitely wouldn't be minimizing it and telling them to keep perspective either.
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 08:36 PM 07-18-2020
That applies to other diseases like cancer. Do people normally minimize cancer?
Yes because most rarely do things that lower their risk
Same for heart disease.
[Reply]
petegz28 08:37 PM 07-18-2020
No that is not my style and I definitely wouldn't be minimizing it and telling them to keep perspective either.
It is most certainly your style. You are doom and gloom through and through, bro. It's not even debatable.

You say people minimize things because they don't share your doom and gloom attitude. Pointing to the data is not minimizing anything. It's pointing to the data.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 08:41 PM 07-18-2020
Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy:
Yes because most rarely do things that lower their risk
Same for heart disease.
Just wait, be patient, when we're still wearing masks years from now and society finds new 'simple steps' that are now executive order punishable by individual sanction to save us from those scourges.
[Reply]
Kiimo 08:50 PM 07-18-2020
If we got rid of cars we could end deaths related to car accidents too!!!!
No we added seatbelts and people bitched about that too but I do understand that you're being intentionally obtuse like you have throughout this cursed thread.
[Reply]
Page 2658 of 3903
« First < 1658215825582608264826542655265626572658 265926602661266226682708275831583658 > Last »
Up