ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1161 of 3903
« First < 16166110611111115111571158115911601161 116211631164116511711211126116612161 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 02:26 PM 04-06-2020
Originally Posted by TLO:
Just watched the daily press conference from Missouri. There were ZERO reported cases from the state lab today. They are talking about things starting to POSSIBLY flatten out some in Missouri as of now.
That's great news.
[Reply]
Bwana 02:26 PM 04-06-2020
Originally Posted by CasselGotPeedOn:
So it turns out this video is entirely fraudulent. https://t.co/2axIrXK4LA
— Jordan Schachtel (@JordanSchachtel) April 6, 2020
Gee what a shock!
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 02:28 PM 04-06-2020
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
It will be a cold day in hell before I watch anything associated with Jimmy Kimmel.

And that's all I have to say about that.
:-)
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:30 PM 04-06-2020
Originally Posted by ghak99:
I'm not sure where to put this, but the packing plant world has some serious rumblings going on in multiple locations. The pack scoured the country and overpaid in multiple regions last week as if they were preparing for something to happen next week. Multiple beef lines are demanding hazard pay and appear to be willing to walk all at once. Multiple pork plants are already scaled back to ~50 of capacity due to worker concerns. If even half of the rumors are true and one side or the other does't cave soon, supply lines could be interrupted while they sort it out.

After seeing how ignorant people got in the last few weeks, it probably wouldn't hurt to put some beef and pork in your freezer if you're getting low and don't want to miss a grilling.
I read somewhere that it's a SERIOUS supply chain issue.

Major meat suppliers are used to sending a bunch of this stuff to restaurants and when that pipe went dry, they couldn't just get sales contracts/infrastructure in place with grocery stores and wholesale distributors overnight.

That's why we're still seeing shortages in supermarkets - the actual processors oftentimes have a limited relationship with those guys. So they have meat/animals that were essentially earmarked for restaurant use and no real way to funnel it to grocery stores for consumer purchase.

Just another of the 'well fuck, we didn't think of that...' results of just turning an economy off overnight.

The disease of "why can't you just..." has created a whole lot of brain rot.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 02:37 PM 04-06-2020
Remember the shots of Venice where you could see the bottom of the canals and Dolphins playing for the first time ever. Welllll

These pics are NOT the Carribean or the Bahamas. This is Miami. It’s been only 2 1/2 weeks since they closed the beaches here & while our beaches are always beautiful, this week the color & clarity of the water DAZZLED. It legit took my breath away. This should give us all pause pic.twitter.com/L3330vUliE

— Louis Aguirre (@LOUISAGUIRRE) April 5, 2020

[Reply]
Mecca 02:39 PM 04-06-2020
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Remember the shots of Venice where you could see the bottom of the canals and Dolphins playing for the first time ever. Welllll

So what have we learned? People are a drain on the environment and the ocean because we're good at fucking shit up.
[Reply]
Bob Dole 02:43 PM 04-06-2020
Originally Posted by Mecca:
You watched the man show don't lie.
Back when he was a comedian? Sure.
[Reply]
TLO 04-06-2020, 02:46 PM
This message has been deleted by TLO.
BigRedChief 02:47 PM 04-06-2020
Originally Posted by Mecca:
So what have we learned? People are a drain on the environment and the ocean because we're good at ****ing shit up.
we are the dominant species on the earth. It’s our sandbox. :-)
[Reply]
Dartgod 02:48 PM 04-06-2020
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
:-)
I'm glad I could entertain you, I guess. :-)

Originally Posted by Bob Dole:
Back when he was a comedian? Sure.
Exactly.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 02:48 PM 04-06-2020
According to officials with the Unified Government of Wyandotte County and Kansas City, Kansas, there are 26 total COVID-19 cases at the Riverbend Post Acute Rehabilitation Center, and three people have died.
[Reply]
Dartgod 02:53 PM 04-06-2020
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
we are the dominant species on the earth. It’s our litter box. :-)
FYP
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:05 PM 04-06-2020
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
According to officials with the Unified Government of Wyandotte County and Kansas City, Kansas, there are 26 total COVID-19 cases at the Riverbend Post Acute Rehabilitation Center, and three people have died.
This thing gets into nursing homes and it just wreaks havoc.

I wonder if this is ripping through their short term or long term care facilities.
[Reply]
ghak99 03:08 PM 04-06-2020
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
I read somewhere that it's a SERIOUS supply chain issue.

Major meat suppliers are used to sending a bunch of this stuff to restaurants and when that pipe went dry, they couldn't just get sales contracts/infrastructure in place with grocery stores and wholesale distributors overnight.

That's why we're still seeing shortages in supermarkets - the actual processors oftentimes have a limited relationship with those guys. So they have meat/animals that were essentially earmarked for restaurant use and no real way to funnel it to grocery stores for consumer purchase.

Just another of the 'well fuck, we didn't think of that...' results of just turning an economy off overnight.

The disease of "why can't you just..." has created a whole lot of brain rot.
This sums up the dairy issues precisely. Tens of thousands of gallons of raw milk are being dumped into pits and spread on the ground as fertilizer while shelves all across the country remain near empty while being rationed. In the midst of all this some producers are even being paid to quit, forever.

It's a little more complicated with beef and pork. The workers in the plants themselves are going to cause the supply chain issue on top of what you described. Inspectors want hazard pay, workers are moving that direction as well, and now that plants are finding positive cases in line workers shit could hit the fan fast.

Canadian growers have already been warned to expect US plants to tell them to get fucked via very rarely used contract clauses as the plants cut back to 50% of line production.

There's way more to it, but consumers might get a bit of a shock if very many of the lines get halted for very long.
[Reply]
BWillie 03:08 PM 04-06-2020
Remember when just about everyone in the thread was saying this was no big deal?

It's just the flu bro. I was hopeful that was just the case, too, at least for younger people when I first started digging through Chinese pandemic statistics. Unfortunately it isn't.

Do you still believe it's no big deal?

On average 15,000 to 40,000 people die every year in the USA from flu-like illnesses and complications.

This thing has already taken 11,000 and there is no end in sight. This is after all of the precautions, social distancing and shit we've done. 100,000+ are going to die in the USA of this on our current trajectory even accounting for the extreme measures we've put in place.

Thank god we didn't listen to you all or millions would end up dying instead of thousands. This is why you listen to doctors and infectious disease experts.

If any of you still think this is no big deal? Then you are ignorant and there is no helping you.
[Reply]
BleedingRed 03:17 PM 04-06-2020
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Remember when just about everyone in the thread was saying this was no big deal?

It's just the flu bro. I was hopeful that was just the case, too, at least for younger people when I first started digging through Chinese pandemic statistics. Unfortunately it isn't.

Do you still believe it's no big deal?

On average 15,000 to 40,000 people die every year in the USA from flu-like illnesses and complications.

This thing has already taken 11,000 and there is no end in sight. This is after all of the precautions, social distancing and shit we've done. 100,000+ are going to die in the USA of this on our current trajectory even accounting for the extreme measures we've put in place.

Thank god we didn't listen to you all or millions would end up dying instead of thousands. This is why you listen to doctors and infectious disease experts.

If any of you still think this is no big deal? Then you are ignorant and there is no helping you.
Anyone claiming to know what IT is right now is ignorant. Serology might show us 100+ million had it. Who knows, but I know I dont and YOU dont.

So yeah it could STILL be very much like the flu.
[Reply]
Page 1161 of 3903
« First < 16166110611111115111571158115911601161 116211631164116511711211126116612161 > Last »
Up