ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 10
< 123 4567 > Last »
Media Center>1917
alanm 05:49 PM 01-08-2020
Any one looking forward to seeing this movie. I think it's going to be ****ing good!!. :-)
[Reply]
BigBeauford 09:43 AM 01-11-2020
This movie was like a hypnotic dream thanks to its cinematography. Just relentless and urgent pacing that didnt give me time to catch a breath. And I have never heard such a quiet theater at the end for being in a sold out movie. Would have been the best movie of 2019 had I seen it then
[Reply]
DeepPurple 09:46 AM 01-11-2020
Originally Posted by BigBeauford:
This movie was like a hypnotic dream thanks to its cinematography. Just relentless and urgent pacing that didnt give me time to catch a breath. And I have never heard such a quiet theater at the end for being in a sold out movie. Would have been the best movie of 2019 had I seen it then
Sounds like it blows Dunkirk away, in film speak. Another weird audience reaction was at the end of Richard Jewell, my theater was full and everyone started clapping. Same thing happened at the end of American Sniper.
[Reply]
RunKC 10:14 AM 01-11-2020
Enough time has passed so I have questions:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
BigBeauford 10:24 AM 01-11-2020
Originally Posted by DeepPurple:
Sounds like it blows Dunkirk away, in film speak. Another weird audience reaction was at the end of Richard Jewell, my theater was full and everyone started clapping. Same thing happened at the end of American Sniper.
It shits on Dunkirk from the highest stoop. See this movie at the best possible theater you can find. The audio is spectacular (unlike the shitty mix that Dunkirk had).
[Reply]
Frazod 11:52 AM 01-11-2020
Going to the 12:30 show. Looking forward to it.
[Reply]
JD10367 12:12 PM 01-11-2020
Saw it yesterday. Fascinating movie due to the filming technique of single-shot, which makes it (and the horrors of war) both more realistic and less intimate. Combined with a muted color palette and grainy appearance (which is also a debatable technique), it’s definitely a different experience and not for everyone, but works well here.
[Reply]
Frazod 03:00 PM 01-11-2020
That was brilliant. Absolutely amazing. Best war movie I've seen in forever. I simply can't imagine how they pulled it off - with just a couple of pauses, the whole thing seemed like one continuous shot, although there's obviously no way it could be. And while I'm sure there was some very well done CGI involved, I'm pretty sure that mostly it was practical effects, which makes it even more impressive.

Go see it. If Mendes doesn't win best director for this they should just stop giving out awards.
[Reply]
JD10367 04:12 PM 01-11-2020
Originally Posted by Frazod:
Go see it. If Mendes doesn't win best director for this they should just stop giving out awards.
It should also win for editing and cinematography.
[Reply]
Frazod 04:29 PM 01-11-2020
Originally Posted by JD10367:
It should also win for editing and cinematography.
Agreed.

That scene with the flair illumination in the ruins was.... shit, I don't have the words.
[Reply]
Mama Hip Rockets 06:19 PM 01-11-2020
I just saw this today. Very impressive. The single shot was fascinating, and it really made the movie intense.
[Reply]
Fish 06:42 PM 01-11-2020
Scene from the movie, 1917. from r/PraiseTheCameraMan

[Reply]
Buehler445 10:14 PM 01-11-2020
Yeah saw it today. It was fucking fantastic. Just fan fucking tastic.

They did a good job of not making it a total grinder so the impactful moments hit HARD. Also credit to them for not Cramming bullshit love stories or unnecessary dialogue in there. You got what you needed by using your fucking brain, god forbid.

They didn’t shy away from the horror of bodies everywhere because they couldn’t do anything with them in the trenches. I have no idea the validity of the story but there wasn’t any place where I was like “cut the shit”.

That movie hits hard. HARD. That’s one that I’m going to have to wait to see again.

Fucking phenomenal movie.

Side note. If you haven’t listened to Hardcore History episodes on WWI. Do it. Don’t wait.
[Reply]
Mennonite 07:54 AM 01-12-2020
Originally Posted by DeepPurple:

People are so dumb. Clapping at a movie is like opening a can of SpaghettiOs and saying "My compliments to the chef."

I'm gonna try to catch this one in the next couple of days.
[Reply]
Raiderhater 08:38 AM 01-12-2020
Originally Posted by sully1983:
Mendes knocked it out of the park with this one. Just a great film from start to finish and left me drained (it was intense as hell!)

Definitely see it on the biggest screen you can.
Some of the B&B Theatres have a giant screen, they also have MX4D options. Which would be better, the bigger screen or the immersive 4D?

I normally go the AMC IMAX route but, am thinking about trying something different.
[Reply]
Mennonite 09:14 AM 01-12-2020
Is the story actually good, or is it just CGI spectacle?
[Reply]
Page 3 of 10
< 123 4567 > Last »
Up