ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 7 of 9
« First < 34567 89 >
Media Center>Top 10 favorite films of the 2010s?
sully1983 09:51 PM 12-09-2019
Here's mine ....

1. Drive
2. The Social Network
3. Hell or High Water
4. Mad Max: Fury Road
5. Blade Runner 2049
6. Killer Joe
7. Wind River
8. Gone Girl
9. Blue Ruin
10. Black Swan

(honorable mention : Killing Them Softly )
[Reply]
banecat 10:15 AM 12-21-2019
Originally Posted by heapshake:
My ranking would go

Rocky
Rocky Balboa & Creed
Rocky 2
Creed 2, Rocky 3 and Rocky 4
Rocky 5 (this one is quite a ways below all the rest)
I know that Rocky 1 and 2 were solid films. I tried to watch them again recently, but I don't know if it was pacing or what, but I just can't watch them anymore. I think that I only like 3,4, and 5 due to how much they represented their time. Not that the first two didn't, but I really remember the 80's and how much fun they could be
[Reply]
banecat 10:19 AM 12-21-2019
Originally Posted by sully1983:
Here's mine ....

1. Drive
2. The Social Network
3. Hell or High Water
4. Mad Max: Fury Road
5. Blade Runner 2049
6. Killer Joe
7. Wind River
8. Gone Girl
9. Blue Ruin
10. Black Swan

(honorable mention : Killing Them Softly )
Solid list. I agree with the ones that I've watched. I need to get around to watching Fury Road. And on the basis of the six that you've listed that I have watched, I'll need to check out the five. Extra points for Killer Joe. Such a hidden gem, and those last fifteen minutes alone could get anyone to sit through it if it isn't their thing
[Reply]
BWillie 04:50 AM 12-22-2019
Most overrated movies of 2010-2019: The Arrival, Any Star Wars, Mad Max, Gravity, Manchester at the Sea.
[Reply]
DeepPurple 09:53 AM 12-22-2019
Originally Posted by banecat:
...Extra points for Killer Joe. Such a hidden gem, and those last fifteen minutes alone could get anyone to sit through it if it isn't their thing
I must of missed something about Killer Joe, I just looked back at my IMDB score and gave it a 5. I like strange movies, Blue Velvet and Mulholland Dr. are two favorites, but I thought McConaughey was trying to do his best Dennis Hopper impersonation. I rather see the real thing. I have to admit Juno and Gina Gershon were easy on the eyes and ever since Sideways, Thomas Hayden Church has been a favorite of mine.

The director William Friedkin has made some great movies and some weird ones. Who can forget Al Pacino in Cruising. Recent films like Bug was good and it gave Michael Shannon a break, and Jade was very good and I guess helped launch David Caruso. In the 80's To Live in Die in LA is a classic, French Connection and The Exorcist are the cream of the crop. I think he made Killer Joe as a satire, a joke on us.
[Reply]
scho63 12:21 PM 12-22-2019
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Most overrated movies of 2010-2019: The Arrival, Any Star Wars, Mad Max, Gravity, Manchester at the Sea.
Never heard of it. :-)

Not THAT overrated.
[Reply]
ShiftyEyedWaterboy 06:44 PM 12-22-2019
In no real order:

Blade Runner 2049
The Master
Mad Max
The Grand Budapest Hotel
Sicario
Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy
Skyfall
Snowpiercer
Django Unchained
Moonrise Kingdom
[Reply]
banecat 10:58 AM 12-23-2019
Originally Posted by DeepPurple:
I must of missed something about Killer Joe, I just looked back at my IMDB score and gave it a 5. I like strange movies, Blue Velvet and Mulholland Dr. are two favorites, but I thought McConaughey was trying to do his best Dennis Hopper impersonation. I rather see the real thing. I have to admit Juno and Gina Gershon were easy on the eyes and ever since Sideways, Thomas Hayden Church has been a favorite of mine.

The director William Friedkin has made some great movies and some weird ones. Who can forget Al Pacino in Cruising. Recent films like Bug was good and it gave Michael Shannon a break, and Jade was very good and I guess helped launch David Caruso. In the 80's To Live in Die in LA is a classic, French Connection and The Exorcist are the cream of the crop. I think he made Killer Joe as a satire, a joke on us.
I think that I liked it because it was different. Different doesn't always mean good. I'd argue that either WF maybe was a little lazy on this project, or went the other way, and tried too hard as a defense
[Reply]
Shoes 01:38 AM 01-15-2020
Looking back at this list I forgot to mention Dunkirk. Definitely needs to be up there on my list, even Quentin Tarantino mentions it on his top 10 movies of the 2010’s. Decent little watch if you’re interested:

https://youtu.be/JpJK4MUAMDM
[Reply]
Mennonite 07:41 AM 01-15-2020
Originally Posted by BWillie:

The Arrival didn't grab me either, but the story that it is based on is one of the best sci-fi short stories I've ever read.
[Reply]
DeepPurple 09:35 PM 01-20-2020
After American Hustle, I can watch Amy Adams in anything she does. I thought Arrival was the deepest in thought sci-fi I've ever seen. They went beyond just showing aliens, making contact, space ships, we had the future and the past all at once. I saw it at the theater and now a couple of times on HBO.

[Reply]
TipRoast 05:44 PM 01-21-2020
The Finest Hours

I first saw Chris Pine in the Star Trek reboot.

Then this movie.

And then in Wonder Woman, and then again in Hell Or High Water.

The man can act.
[Reply]
cdcox 09:28 PM 01-21-2020
Hidden Figures is a really good movie that I have not seen mentioned.
[Reply]
Cheater5 05:53 AM 01-22-2020
Prisoners
Nocturnal Animals
Gone Girl
Ex Machina
Argo
Dallas Buyers Club
Free Solo
Grand Budapest Hotel
What We Do In The Shadows
They Shall Not Grow Old

Lots of other really good movies, but these stuck in my memory.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 02:22 PM 01-22-2020
Originally Posted by Cheater5:
What We Do In The Shadows
Ooh!! Good one!! Lots of fun.

The series is pretty fun in it's own right, better in some ways because it has time to expand the universe.
[Reply]
notorious 08:04 PM 01-22-2020
Originally Posted by TipRoast:
The Finest Hours

I first saw Chris Pine in the Star Trek reboot.

Then this movie.

And then in Wonder Woman, and then again in Hell Or High Water.

The man can act.
Smokin' Aces. He is incredible.
[Reply]
Page 7 of 9
« First < 34567 89 >
Up