< 1234 567814 > Last »
Media Center>Cyberpunk 2077
Pants 08:18 PM 06-10-2018

[Reply]
eDave 01:17 PM 08-30-2019

[Reply]
Frazod 01:35 PM 08-30-2019
Originally Posted by keg in kc:
I didn't like Witcher 2 at all, even though I played the first more than once. To the point that I could not make it out of the intro. So I never played 3, and don't ever intend to. Cyberpunk being from the makers of that series was not a point in its favor to me.

This looks awesome though. And I'm definitely ready for a deep, non-fantasy RPG.
I was the same way with Witcher 2, and quit in the exact same spot. Hated it. But seriously, Kyle, Witcher 3 is my favorite game of all time. It's better than the Fallout games; it's better than Skyrim. You know how in the Bethesda games the main quest generally sucks and the world exploring and side stuff is far more interesting? In Witcher 3, everything is interesting. The voice acting and story are superb. The combat takes some getting used to, as does gathering components for crafting (which your character cannot do, since he's a witcher, not a blacksmith), but it's much better and more realistic. And the decisions you make absolutely affect the outcome of the story.

I cannot recommend Witcher 3 highly enough. Forget the second one. You're doing a disservice to yourself by not playing it. I built a brand new computer to specifically play Fallout 4, and ended up not starting it for a couple of weeks because I was too busy playing Witcher 3.
[Reply]
Setsuna 08:37 PM 08-30-2019
I think this game won't be as good as people think. I think they don't do as well without source material.
[Reply]
keg in kc 08:39 AM 09-01-2019
Originally Posted by Frazod:
I cannot recommend Witcher 3 highly enough. Forget the second one. You're doing a disservice to yourself by not playing it. I built a brand new computer to specifically play Fallout 4, and ended up not starting it for a couple of weeks because I was too busy playing Witcher 3.
PSN has it for $14 as part of a flash sale. If I don't like it, I'm blaming you! :-)
[Reply]
keg in kc 09:15 AM 09-01-2019
Watched the latest Cyberpunk vid, and it continues to look crazy good.
[Reply]
Frazod 10:22 AM 09-01-2019
Originally Posted by keg in kc:
PSN has it for $14 as part of a flash sale. If I don't like it, I'm blaming you! :-)
See you in a month or so. :-)
[Reply]
ShiftyEyedWaterboy 02:14 PM 09-01-2019
Originally Posted by Setsuna:
I think this game won't be as good as people think. I think they don't do as well without source material.
They do have Mike Pondsmith's source material. He's been pretty involved with development. I am kinda feeling this might be a letdown, though. Not sure why. I suppose I think people were just a little quick to crown CDPR king of the hill. I've heard rumors on youtube that some Bioware-esque stuff is going on with the company. Don't know if there's any truth to it.
[Reply]
eDave 04:04 PM 09-01-2019
Originally Posted by Frazod:
See you in a month or so. :-)
Yup. Hard to pass up.

Thanks for the tip Keg.
[Reply]
keg in kc 05:25 AM 09-02-2019
Originally Posted by ShiftyEyedWaterboy:
They do have Mike Pondsmith's source material. He's been pretty involved with development. I am kinda feeling this might be a letdown, though. Not sure why. I suppose I think people were just a little quick to crown CDPR king of the hill. I've heard rumors on youtube that some Bioware-esque stuff is going on with the company. Don't know if there's any truth to it.
"Bioware stuff" isn't just BioWare stuff, unfortunately. There are industry-wide problems with regards to the pressures and influences that publishers are putting on the studios under their particular umbrellas. Some places aren't as bad as others, but EA is just one of several corps doing it.
[Reply]
Setsuna 12:37 AM 09-03-2019
Originally Posted by ShiftyEyedWaterboy:
Hmm...maybe. I'm with you about a letdown. I think they are really trying to get in good graces with consumers so they they'll be more accepting.
[Reply]
Fish 03:41 PM 01-16-2020
Fuck.

[Reply]
Setsuna 04:58 PM 01-16-2020
Originally Posted by Fish:

Interesting. They saw FF7R was competing with their game and said NOPE. Guess it isn't as good as they thought. :-)
[Reply]
The Franchise 05:16 PM 01-16-2020
Better to be pushed back instead of rushed.
[Reply]
Bowser 07:38 PM 01-16-2020
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Better to be pushed back instead of rushed.
Correct. Same with Doom: Eternal
[Reply]
Indian Chief 09:49 PM 01-16-2020
RE3, FF7, and this were all coming out within weeks of each other
[Reply]
Page 4 of 32
< 1234 567814 > Last »
Up