ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 12 of 13
« First < 289101112 13 >
Media Center>Netflix: Mindhunter
Frazod 09:19 PM 10-16-2017
Anybody else watching this? Amazing show. The main characters are based on John Douglas and Robert Ressler, the first FBI agents to gain insight into the minds of serial killers by interviewing them in prison (Douglas was the basis for Scott Glenn's character in Silence of the Lambs). Set in the late 70s. I'm three episodes in and really enjoying it.
[Reply]
Otter 07:09 PM 10-10-2019
Originally Posted by sully1983:
Season 2 was damn good in its own right but I didn't care too much about a couple subplots. One being the lesbian's relationship with the bartender. And secondly, the subplot involving Bill Tench's weirdo son.
Agreed.

The lesbian subplot was filler that I couldn't care less about. Tench came off as a guy you would want to hang out with for a couple drinks. He was the only really likable main character except for Barney who we barely got to see and he winds up getting Jeffery Dahmer Jr. for an adopted son.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 07:24 PM 10-10-2019
Keep in mind that, it seems to me, a lot of the filler and the relative interest of various narratives, are in part a function of reality.

They can't just make up serial killers and put them in the timeline to keep things exciting. Their skills and methods and the enemies they faced evolved over time.
[Reply]
Buehler445 08:48 PM 10-10-2019
Originally Posted by Otter:
Finished watching season 2 last night. I'd go with S1=9.5 and S2=8.7.

The ending of S2 was kind of open ended and a little disappointing. The season also focused too much on child murders for my taste but the heebee jeebees of that wore off after 3 episodes.

I really enjoyed how S1 focused on interviewing the serial killers and hearing their modus operandi in S1. The producers slacked off on that aspect of the story in S2. Also, as you mentioned Ford's girlfriend brought a welcome change of pace which was missing.

Great series.

Did anyone else notice how the camera zoomed in every time Ford would hit the button on the tape recorder during an interview? The record button has the orange strip on the key and he often didn't push that one. Had to be intentional for such a detailed show but never addressed.
I don’t remember the exact times they used it, but it was a byproduct of the 8 ripe cunts fiasco. They used it to say ridiculous shit to loosen them up. Then they flip the tape, hit record and get the good stuff.

It was all intentional
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 08:50 PM 10-10-2019
Originally Posted by Otter:
Finished watching season 2 last night. I'd go with S1=9.5 and S2=8.7.

The ending of S2 was kind of open ended and a little disappointing. The season also focused too much on child murders for my taste but the heebee jeebees of that wore off after 3 episodes.

I really enjoyed how S1 focused on interviewing the serial killers and hearing their modus operandi in S1. The producers slacked off on that aspect of the story in S2. Also, as you mentioned Ford's girlfriend brought a welcome change of pace which was missing.

Great series.

Did anyone else notice how the camera zoomed in every time Ford would hit the button on the tape recorder during an interview? The record button has the orange strip on the key and he often didn't push that one. Had to be intentional for such a detailed show but never addressed.
The ending is supposed to be disappointing. It's disappointing in real life.
[Reply]
-King- 01:11 PM 10-11-2019
Originally Posted by sully1983:
IMO season 1 was superior but don't get me wrong, both are fantastic binge worthy seasons. Season 1 intrigued me more because of how it all started and of course it featured more of Ed Kemper who was creepy af!

Season 2 was damn good in its own right but I didn't care too much about a couple subplots. One being the lesbian's relationship with the bartender. And secondly, the subplot involving Bill Tench's weirdo son.
I agree. But at least the son subplot could at least be connected to the storyline in that the son possibly fits the profile of a serial killer which is the point of the show. The lesbian subplot is just so damn boring and pointless. Even when it eventually starts being relevant to the main plot which I think they'll try to do, there's just no point in all those scenes with the bartender.
[Reply]
siberian khatru 10:26 AM 01-16-2020
Doesn't sound good:

‘Mindhunter’ Future In Limbo As Netflix Series’ Cast Is Released & Season 3 Renewal Is Put On Indefinite Hold
[Reply]
Buehler445 10:31 AM 01-16-2020
Fuck. That sucks.
[Reply]
sully1983 11:12 AM 01-16-2020
Yeah it looks like we'll have to wait quite awhile for Season 3 (the show runner David Fincher is busy working on a Netflix film starring Gary Oldman atm )
[Reply]
SuperChief 11:27 AM 01-16-2020
That sucks hard. This show is fantastic, and one of Fincher's best works.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 12:58 PM 01-16-2020
It's almost like Netflix didn’t promote Season 2 until like, a week before release and are now surprised it didn't get much attention.

Netflix is just showing they can't hang with the big players now that their competitors have caught up with their streaming ability.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 10:38 PM 01-18-2020
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
****. That sucks.
Badly. It's a great show.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 01:45 PM 04-22-2021
Originally Posted by siberian khatru:
Doesn't sound good:

‘Mindhunter’ Future In Limbo As Netflix Series’ Cast Is Released & Season 3 Renewal Is Put On Indefinite Hold
Not dead yet, Fincher and Netflix still 'talking.' Fincher more 'upbeat' than previously.
[Reply]
InChiefsHeaven 02:07 PM 04-22-2021
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
Not dead yet, Fincher and Netflix still 'talking.' Fincher more 'upbeat' than previously.
Man I hope so. This show was great, and left you hanging!!!
[Reply]
notorious 07:12 PM 04-24-2021
PLEASE
[Reply]
Chiefspants 08:09 PM 04-24-2021
Is Netflix figuring out now that they’re hemorrhaging cash that axing their best content was probably a bad idea?
[Reply]
Page 12 of 13
« First < 289101112 13 >
Up