ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 79 of 324
« First < 29697576777879 8081828389129179 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs hire Steve Spagnuolo as new defensive coordinator
TLO 04:33 PM 01-24-2019

The #Chiefs are hiring Steve Spagnuolo as their new defensive coordinator, sources say. The former #Giants DC and interim HC/#Rams HC began his NFL coaching career as an #Eagles assistant under Andy Reid. Now rejoins Big Red in KC.

— Mike Garafolo (@MikeGarafolo) January 24, 2019

[Reply]
O.city 09:27 AM 01-28-2019
I'm guessing they tag Ford, renegotiate Houston and sign Earl Thomas in the offseason. That's about all they'll do.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 09:29 AM 01-28-2019
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
I haven't watched the video so they might not have said it like this but if Veach just outright loses Ford and Houston without getting anything in return it'd be about time to start looking for a new GM.
That's the issue.

It's not emotional attachment to these players, it's a lack of faith in Veach in my part.

Yeah, I get why they released Marcus Peters - my only stipulation was that Veach find a suitable replacement (not a slot corner), through trade, FA, or the draft.

He failed spectacularly at that task. I am not at all confident that Veach could replace Ford AND Houston's production in a single offseason. He'd be risking taking away this defense's final strength.
[Reply]
RunKC 09:29 AM 01-28-2019
What about this..

-We are stuck with Berry. Nothing we can do this year.
-Restructure Houston’s pro rated money to drop the cap hit to $15.5 million.
-Trade Ford to the Packers for a 2nd and 4th.
—Ford isn’t Mack and has injury history. I’d take a 2nd and recoup our 4th. I think that’s realistic.
-Cut Sorenson.
-Trade a 2nd rd pick for Xhavier Rhodes, Jalen Ramsey or Patrick Peterson (whoever the fuck it is you like).
-Extend Jordan Lucas to a fair lower tier deal (next year is a contract year for him).
-Sign one of Tyreek or Chris Jones. Low cap hit 2019.
-Use 4 picks in the top 100 to find good players in a damn good defensive class.
[Reply]
O.city 09:31 AM 01-28-2019
Originally Posted by RunKC:
What about this..

—Ford isn’t Mack and has injury history. I’d take a 2nd and recoup our 4th. I think that’s realistic.
-Cut Sorenson.
-Trade a 2nd rd pick for Xhavier Rhodes, Jalen Ramsey or Patrick Peterson (whoever the **** it is you like).
-Extend Jordan Lucas to a fair lower tier deal (next year is a contract year for him).
-Use 4 picks in the top 100 to find good players in a damn good defensive class.
I'm on board for trading for a big corner like that.

I don't think they'll trade Ford for anyting less than a first. He's not a complete player, but he is elite in one area that's pretty important.
[Reply]
Lzen 09:31 AM 01-28-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:
If you had 4 picks in the top say, 60 picks, you could come out with a starting CB, a starting ILB, you're starting C, and a safety/DL/TE.

They aren't all likely to hit, but damn that's some cheap potential talent infusion.
I don't think we need to draft a C. Why couldn't Reiter or Wiley start at C?
[Reply]
O.city 09:33 AM 01-28-2019
Originally Posted by Lzen:
I don't think we need to draft a C. Why couldn't Reiter or Wiley start at C?
Wiley is too tall I think to play center. Reiter maybe, but he was pretty meh there.
[Reply]
Lzen 09:36 AM 01-28-2019
What does everyone think about Speaks' potential in this 4-3 scheme? I am holding out hope that he could turn into a decent player there.

Or Kpass?
[Reply]
Chris Meck 09:42 AM 01-28-2019
Originally Posted by Lzen:
What does everyone think about Speaks' potential in this 4-3 scheme? I am holding out hope that he could turn into a decent player there.

Or Kpass?
both are much better suited for the 4-3.
[Reply]
Simply Red 09:43 AM 01-28-2019
Originally Posted by RunKC:
What about this..

-Cut Sorenson.
-Trade a 2nd rd pick for Xhavier Rhodes, Jalen Ramsey or Patrick Peterson (whoever the **** it is you like).

I will jizz all over town if we're able to land Rhodes.
[Reply]
Lzen 09:45 AM 01-28-2019
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
both are much better suited for the 4-3.
Yes, that's another reason why I am holding out hope that those 2 players can be good contributors, possibly even starters.
[Reply]
BleedingRed 09:54 AM 01-28-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:
I'm guessing they tag Ford, renegotiate Houston and sign Earl Thomas in the offseason. That's about all they'll do.
Earl Thomas isn't coming here unfortunately
[Reply]
staylor26 09:55 AM 01-28-2019
Originally Posted by BleedingRed:
How the fuck do you know? :-)
[Reply]
O.city 09:55 AM 01-28-2019
Depends on the $
[Reply]
BleedingRed 09:59 AM 01-28-2019
Originally Posted by staylor26:
How the **** do you know? :-)
Oh I don't know the fact that last year he ran up to Jason after Cowboys game and told him to "Come get me"

The fact the Cowboys have Kris Richards?

The fact the Cowboys have more cap space?

I mean I don't want to burst your bubble, but ET wants to play in Dallas.

sure its not a done deal yet, but fuck......
[Reply]
RunKC 10:10 AM 01-28-2019
Oh I don't know the fact that last year he ran up to Jason after Cowboys game and told him to "Come get me"

The fact the Cowboys have Kris Richards?

The fact the Cowboys have more cap space?

I mean I don't want to burst your bubble, but ET wants to play in Dallas.

sure its not a done deal yet, but ****......
I don’t think they have the money dude. Sure they have a lot of money right now, but all of their good young draft picks need to be paid. They already said they plan on paying Dak this Spring. Demarcus Lawrence is also a free agent this Spring.

Their list of FA’s in 2020 is crazy too, so have to start paying 1 or more of those guys as well:

Amari Cooper
Jaylon Smith
Byron Jones
La’el Collins

That’s a lotta cash. Don’t forget they are gonna have to break the bank on Zeke too. Gurley made the RB go up last year and LeVeon is about to make it even higher.
[Reply]
Page 79 of 324
« First < 29697576777879 8081828389129179 > Last »
Up