ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 22 of 211
« First < 121819202122 232425263272122 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>****The Official 2019 STL Cardinals Thread****
BigRedChief 03:23 AM 01-10-2019
Cardinals announce 25-man Opening Day roster for the 2019 season.
Spoiler!

2019 Opening Day Line up
Spoiler!

Won the Central Division. Won the NLDS.

NLDS Playoff roster
Spoiler!

NLDS Playoff Game 1 starting lineup
Spoiler!

NLCS Game One Starting lineup
Spoiler!

[Reply]
Marco Polo 10:28 AM 03-31-2019
Originally Posted by In58men:
Currently in a Dodger suite courtesy of my employer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Never been to Dodger Stadium. How is it? Hoping to add Oakland to my list in August and potentially San Diego in June- both for the Cardinals games. I also own a home in Denver and was planning on going back for the Cards series but it's not on a weekend this year dammit.
[Reply]
O.city 12:29 PM 03-31-2019
Going to be another year of what ifs and “we thought our young pitching would be better”?
[Reply]
VAChief 12:31 PM 03-31-2019
Wacha looks like his arm is toast.
[Reply]
kcpasco 12:32 PM 03-31-2019
It was Yelich who is arguably the best player in the NL. To bad the Cards traded for the crappy Marlin.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 12:33 PM 03-31-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:
Going to be another year of what ifs and “we thought our young pitching would be better”?
"What if" John Mozeliak would've given a 5 year deal to a CF who was actually capable of playing CF like Lorenzo Cain while trading for a corner OFer who DIDN'T have a hurt shoulder when acquired and actually hit left-handed like Christian Yelich?

The difference between Ozuna/Fowler and Yelich/Cain is literally 10 games or more. That's staggering.
[Reply]
kcpasco 12:36 PM 03-31-2019
Sliders low and away to Cardinal Righties = automatic out.
[Reply]
kcpasco 12:42 PM 03-31-2019
I don’t think a hitting coach can fix some of these guys. Mo has assembled a team full of free swingers that can crush bad pitches.
[Reply]
O.city 12:44 PM 03-31-2019
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
"What if" John Mozeliak would've given a 5 year deal to a CF who was actually capable of playing CF like Lorenzo Cain while trading for a corner OFer who DIDN'T have a hurt shoulder when acquired and actually hit left-handed like Christian Yelich?

The difference between Ozuna/Fowler and Yelich/Cain is literally 10 games or more. That's staggering.
Yeah, and that
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 12:47 PM 03-31-2019
Originally Posted by kcpasco:
Sliders low and away to Cardinal Righties = automatic out.
Bader gives away as many or more at-bats against RH pitchers as Fowler does.

Nobody wants to admit it, but if a RH can throw 94 with even a get me over slider, Bader is taking a non-competitive AB. With Burnes throwing a cutter that can run horizontally to complement that slider and a fastball he can bury inside, I'd be surprised if Bader puts on in play against him today.

This team needed a lefthanded bat to pick up Bader's poor performance against righties so damn badly and Mozeliak did nothing because he's a dipshit.
[Reply]
kcpasco 12:58 PM 03-31-2019
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Bader gives away as many or more at-bats against RH pitchers as Fowler does.

Nobody wants to admit it, but if a RH can throw 94 with even a get me over slider, Bader is taking a non-competitive AB. With Burnes throwing a cutter that can run horizontally to complement that slider and a fastball he can bury inside, I'd be surprised if Bader puts on in play against him today.

This team needed a lefthanded bat to pick up Bader's poor performance against righties so damn badly and Mozeliak did nothing because he's a dipshit.
Trying to stay patient because it’s only 4 games but watching a team strikeout 10 plus times a game is really hard to watch. They will have streaks where they hit homeruns in bunches and pile up wins but this is ugly baseball.
[Reply]
Jewish Rabbi 12:59 PM 03-31-2019
These guys fucking suck.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 12:59 PM 03-31-2019
"Sly? Dur?"

"Never heard if it..."

Jesus - getting dusted by 94 at the belt; they're lucky to foul them off. And then when the pitcher gets tired of toying with them they just throw a slider in the dirt or waaaaaaay outside for the K.

Wong took a good AB today and so far that's it.
[Reply]
Jewish Rabbi 01:01 PM 03-31-2019
The good news is Burnes is at 60 pitches so we can still strike out 10 times against the bullpen too.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 01:02 PM 03-31-2019
Originally Posted by kcpasco:
It was Yelich who is arguably the best player in the NL. To bad the Cards traded for the crappy Marlin.
Yelich wasn’t going to be traded at the time. Miami was going to keep him long term. This is revisionist history. Also they gave up a shit ton for him. 2 top prospects in baseball. Flaeherty and Reyes to start for sure as part of any deal. We gave up spare parts for Ozuna.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 01:07 PM 03-31-2019
Originally Posted by Jewish Rabbi:
The good news is Burnes is at 60 pitches so we can still strike out 10 times against the bullpen too.
WTF is up with our hitters? Even Molina and Goldy are swinging at pitches in the dirt or over in the other batters box, not even close to the strike zone.
[Reply]
Page 22 of 211
« First < 121819202122 232425263272122 > Last »
Up