ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1645 of 3903
« First < 645114515451595163516411642164316441645 164616471648164916551695174521452645 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
lewdog 08:54 PM 04-25-2020
Originally Posted by limested:
Lew has asthma. That makes death from covid a legit concern. I am in the same boat.
Yup. I’d say mild asthma if that matters. One of my staff with it has asthma too and lives with her 70 year old mother.

Hopefully we’ll all be fine but who knows.
[Reply]
O.city 08:54 PM 04-25-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
Okay where did the staring from Europe come from?
The genetics of the New York strain are the same as the European strain that came from China. So it came from China thru Europe theoretically
[Reply]
petegz28 08:55 PM 04-25-2020
Originally Posted by tk13:
I'll keep an eye out. I assume it'll be written in crayon.
I had to put in a form you would comprehend....what can I say, I'm sensitive to the needs of my patients
[Reply]
petegz28 08:57 PM 04-25-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
I think people are missing this as well. It wasn’t millions of deaths in a month. Wasn’t that like over a year?
I know it wasn't a month but I can't say if it was for a year but nonetheless they backed off that quickly. My point is every time we get told something bad is going to happen it never turns out to be what we get told.
[Reply]
petegz28 08:58 PM 04-25-2020
The genetics of the New York strain are the same as the European strain that came from China. So it came from China thru Europe theoretically
I know, that was rhetorical. Sorry.
[Reply]
limested 08:59 PM 04-25-2020
Originally Posted by lewdog:
Yup. I’d say mild asthma if that matters. One of my staff with it has asthma too and lives with her 70 year old mother.

Hopefully we’ll all be fine but who knows.
Mine is fully under control and i only use a rescue inhaler a few times a year.

Once all this became ‘real’ I got everything in order assuming if I were to get it then high chance of it being the end.

Fun thing to have to put on a hero face for when the kids ask what would happen to dad if he got this.
[Reply]
petegz28 08:59 PM 04-25-2020
Or is your point that Europe took something bad and fucked it up even more? I could believe that. :-)
[Reply]
petegz28 09:00 PM 04-25-2020

Once all this became ‘real’ I got everything in order assuming if I were to get it then high chance of it being the end.

Fun thing to have to put on a hero face for when the kids ask what would happen to dad if he got this.
Well hopefully neither one of you get it.
[Reply]
dirk digler 09:02 PM 04-25-2020

The Europe strain is a mutated strain.

https://www.scmp.com/news/china/scie...-chinese-study

Originally Posted by :
The deadliest mutations in the Zhejiang patients had also been found in most patients across Europe, while the milder strains were the predominant varieties found in parts of the United States, such as Washington state, according to their paper.

A separate study had found that New York strains had been imported from Europe. The death rate in New York was similar to that in many European countries, if not worse.

This finding could shed light on differences in regional mortality. The pandemic’s infection and death rates vary from one country to another, and many explanations have been proposed.

Genetic scientists had noticed that the dominant strains in different geographic regions were inherently different. Some researchers suspected the varying mortality rates could, in part, be caused by mutations but they had no direct proof.

[Reply]
notorious 09:05 PM 04-25-2020
Shut down New York if that's the case.

Oh, too late.
[Reply]
O.city 09:07 PM 04-25-2020
If that’s the case go ahead and dose me up with the California version
[Reply]
lewdog 09:07 PM 04-25-2020

Same as you. I use an inhaler the times I get sick and that's basically it.

Not sure your age but I do have "youth" on my side I suppose.

All the best to you.
[Reply]
stumppy 09:14 PM 04-25-2020
Originally Posted by lewdog:
Same as you. I use an inhaler the times I get sick and that's basically it.

Not sure your age but I do have "youth" on my side I suppose.

All the best to you.
Grew up with childhood asthma. Even as an adult anytime I get the 'flu' it always goes straight to my lungs.
[Reply]
HonestChieffan 09:14 PM 04-25-2020
Originally Posted by TLO:
Um.. Yes. I think people who feel perfectly well would love to know if they've been exposed to the virus and have antibodies.

The tests they are using now is a finger prick test.
I can’t see people in mass getting tested. At this point people are about fed up with the whole deal and want to have their lives back. The last thing most will have an interest in is giving in to another government demand.
[Reply]
tyecopeland 09:19 PM 04-25-2020
Originally Posted by TLO:
Um.. Yes. I think people who feel perfectly well would love to know if they've been exposed to the virus and have antibodies.

The tests they are using now is a finger prick test.
I barely go to the doctor when I'm sick. I'm definitely not going when I'm healthy.
[Reply]
Page 1645 of 3903
« First < 645114515451595163516411642164316441645 164616471648164916551695174521452645 > Last »
Up