ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 713 of 791
« First < 213613663703709710711712713 714715716717723763 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>2019 Free agency Thread
O.city 03:24 PM 02-05-2019
We don't really have one of these yet, so figured we could use this as a place to discuss potential free agent acquisitions and what we would like to look for them to bring in.

If any of you guys are interested, heres a good place to do some research.

https://overthecap.com/
[Reply]
staylor26 12:17 PM 04-09-2019
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
I've stated my position on notable distinctions between Ford and Speaks, but a couple points warrant mentioning here.

1) Very few people gave Ford a pass after his rookie season. "He sucks" was the common refrain pretty much across the board.

2) People don't say Speaks sucks because he didn't see the field - that's why they say K-Pass sucks. People say Speaks sucks because he DID see the field. And sucked.
But he wasn’t nearly as bad as you and your sidekick make it sound despite obviously playing out of position.
[Reply]
RunKC 12:17 PM 04-09-2019
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
Sure, but that doesn't make what OkChiefs said inaccurate.

It takes more than a season to become a "Proven Commodity".

Doesn't change the fact that there are no "Proven Commodities" from that draft class yet. Which is what he stated.
How many players selected after the first and early 2nd rd are proven commodities, especially their rookie year? Feel like that’s a low %.

Nnandi is a proven commodity to me though. He was a great pick in rd 3.
[Reply]
O.city 12:17 PM 04-09-2019
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
Had he held onto Tom he woulda had 2.5 sacks in 4 games.

Over the course of a season, that projects better than any of our '19 F/A signings.
Technically, I think Brady was past the LOS at that point, IIRC. Wasn't that the play he ran in for a TD?

His other sack was when Keesum ran backwards into him so it would have been 2 dominant sacks. :-)
[Reply]
O.city 12:18 PM 04-09-2019
Originally Posted by staylor26:
But he wasn’t nearly as bad as you and your sidekick make it sound despite obviously playing out of position.
Yeah, he was.

Sorry. Hopefully the scheme change helps him, but his best attribute was that he was just there.
[Reply]
O.city 12:19 PM 04-09-2019
If Speaks was with literally any other team, we'd all think it was a wasted pick and that he sucked.
[Reply]
In58men 12:19 PM 04-09-2019
The #Chiefs preseason schedule has been announced:

vs Bengals
at Steelers
Vs 49ers
at Packers

The dates and times are still to be determined
[Reply]
staylor26 12:19 PM 04-09-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:
Yeah, he was.

Sorry. Hopefully the scheme change helps him, but his best attribute was that he was just there.
No, he really wasn’t.
[Reply]
ModSocks 12:19 PM 04-09-2019
I've stated my position on notable distinctions between Ford and Speaks, but a couple points warrant mentioning here.

1) Very few people gave Ford a pass after his rookie season. "He sucks" was the common refrain pretty much across the board.

2) People don't say Speaks sucks because he didn't see the field - that's why they say K-Pass sucks. People say Speaks sucks because he DID see the field. And sucked.
1. I was one of the few who gave Ford a pass

2. Speaks did some things well that you'd like to see from a 1st year starter, making the transition that he did. He didn't flash speed or pass rush ability, but at least he wasn't getting his shit pushed in at the snap like a lot of rooks do.
[Reply]
O.city 12:20 PM 04-09-2019
No, he really wasn’t.
Ok, what did he do well?

He held the point of attack ok for a rookie. Good on him there.
[Reply]
staylor26 12:21 PM 04-09-2019
Ok, what did he do well?

He held the point of attack ok for a rookie. Good on him there.
He got to the QB quite a bit for a rookie playing out of position.

8 QB hits.

And he was solid against the run.
[Reply]
ModSocks 12:22 PM 04-09-2019
Originally Posted by RunKC:
How many players selected after the first and early 2nd rd are proven commodities, especially their rookie year? Feel like that’s a low %.
Well that's what i said. It's what you quoted. It takes more than a season to be a proven commodity, aside from rare talents.

Originally Posted by RunKC:
Nnandi is a proven commodity to me though. He was a great pick in rd 3.
Nnadi showed promise. I wouldn't say he's proven anything other than he has some potential. He had some big plays. He was also part of our woeful run defense.
[Reply]
ModSocks 12:23 PM 04-09-2019
If Speaks was with literally any other team, we'd all think it was a wasted pick and that he sucked.
If Speaks were with any other team none of us would know who he is.
[Reply]
TribalElder 12:24 PM 04-09-2019
did we shit this piece of sign yet
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 12:24 PM 04-09-2019
"Wasn't nearly as bad as he sounds..." isn't much of a mark to shoot at.

But was he among the bottom 20% of 3-4 OLBs in football last year? Yeah, I'd say he was. If he was a UDFA instead of a 2nd round pick, I'm betting he wouldn't make the roster.

Ogbah just got traded for a bucket of dicks and he was about as effective as Speaks was last year; maybe a little better, maybe a little worse - but they were the same tier of player.

Now if you want to argue that Speaks wasn't effective because he was playing out of position, I'll listen. I'll still argue that the skills he demonstrated (or failed to demonstrate) suggest he's likely a below average NFL DE as well, but at least I'd listen to the argument.

But if you're trying to argue that he didn't suck last year - well he did. He was almost completely ineffective and could easily be isolated and shut down with single blocking from average OTs.
[Reply]
staylor26 12:26 PM 04-09-2019
"Wasn't nearly as bad as he sounds..." isn't much of a mark to shoot at.

But was he among the bottom 20% of 3-4 OLBs in football last year? Yeah, I'd say he was. If he was a UDFA instead of a 2nd round pick, I'm betting he wouldn't make the roster.

Ogbah just got traded for a bucket of dicks and he was about as effective as Speaks was last year; maybe a little better, maybe a little worse - but they were the same tier of player.

Now if you want to argue that Speaks wasn't effective because he was playing out of position, I'll listen. I'll still argue that the skills he demonstrated (or failed to demonstrate) suggest he's likely a below average NFL DE as well, but at least I'd listen to the argument.

But if you're trying to argue that he didn't suck last year - well he did. He was almost completely ineffective and could easily be isolated and shut down with single blocking from average OTs.
I’m saying he was so obviously not an OLB that he actually surprised me that he wasn’t much worse in year 1.
[Reply]
Page 713 of 791
« First < 213613663703709710711712713 714715716717723763 > Last »
Up