ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 6
< 123 456 >
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>Cal Davis Webb enters Round 1 conversation
RunKC 07:46 AM 03-14-2017
http://mmqb.si.com/mmqb/2017/03/14/n...-obi-melifonwu

Good read on the kid. I'm starting to like him more and more every day. Still think this is the QB Andy wants.
[Reply]
O.city 10:38 AM 03-28-2017
I'm actually firmly on the McCaffrey bandwagon.

I think he's got a chance to be an elite back.
[Reply]
The Franchise 10:39 AM 03-28-2017
Originally Posted by O.city:
I'm actually firmly on the McCaffrey bandwagon.

I think he's got a chance to be an elite back.
Fuck you.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:44 AM 03-28-2017
Originally Posted by Chief Northman:
Yeah, Dorsey won't be touching either McCaffrey or Webb. He will like their measurables/combine showing, but the tape tells the truer tale. McCaffrey won't translate well unless you make him a receiver exclusively. Webb is fool's gold.
The funny thing is that I go back and forth on McCaffrey.

Size-wise, he's not dissimilar to Charles. And shit he gets up to speed in a hurry. His change of direction is virtually unparalleled.

But I still see Charles as an 'exception that proves the rule' in many ways. A) Charles had world-class sprinter speed that McCaffrey doesn't have. Then again, in his last few years, Charles long gear was gone and he was still an effective pick and pop runner. That brings us to B) Charles was so excellent because of his vision and his balance. His ability to sneak through a hole and never lose his stride, even a little bit, was amazing. It allowed him to play much bigger than his size because his footwork allowed him to be square to so many tacklers.

A lot of little backs go down easy because they don't have the mass to withstand a shot to the side. Well even when Charles was giving up size, he was underneath his pads and saw the hit coming so he could brace and prepare for it. Then bounce off and use his balance to recover and explode.

I don't know that I see that balance in McCaffrey. There are a lot of similarities between the two but I think it's Charles most critical trait that McCaffrey lacks.

He won't be there in the 2nd but if he were, I'd risk it there. I wouldn't take him in the 1st, though.
[Reply]
raybec 4 01:05 PM 03-28-2017
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:

Size-wise, he's not dissimilar to Charles. And shit he gets up to speed in a hurry. His change of direction is virtually unparalleled.

But I still see Charles as an 'exception that proves the rule' in many ways. A) Charles had world-class sprinter speed that McCaffrey doesn't have. Then again, in his last few years, Charles long gear was gone and he was still an effective pick and pop runner. That brings us to B) Charles was so excellent because of his vision and his balance. His ability to sneak through a hole and never lose his stride, even a little bit, was amazing. It allowed him to play much bigger than his size because his footwork allowed him to be square to so many tacklers.

A lot of little backs go down easy because they don't have the mass to withstand a shot to the side. Well even when Charles was giving up size, he was underneath his pads and saw the hit coming so he could brace and prepare for it. Then bounce off and use his balance to recover and explode.

I don't know that I see that balance in McCaffrey. There are a lot of similarities between the two but I think it's Charles most critical trait that McCaffrey lacks.

He won't be there in the 2nd but if he were, I'd risk it there. I wouldn't take him in the 1st, though.
McCaffrey is Reggie Bush lite. I really don't like his decision to sit out the bowl game either. That to me foreshadows the effort you'll get (or not get) if the team is down late in a game or God forbid he doesn't think his team can make the playoffs in a contract year, time to mail it in. No doubt he has the potential to make big plays, I question his heart though and his toughness.
[Reply]
-King- 03:01 PM 03-28-2017
Originally Posted by raybec 4:
McCaffrey is Reggie Bush lite. I really don't like his decision to sit out the bowl game either. That to me foreshadows the effort you'll get (or not get) if the team is down late in a game or God forbid he doesn't think his team can make the playoffs in a contract year, time to mail it in. No doubt he has the potential to make big plays, I question his heart though and his toughness.
I think there's a big difference from sitting out in college than in the NFL.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
raybec 4 03:06 PM 03-28-2017
Originally Posted by -King-:
I think there's a big difference from sitting out in college than in the NFL.
Posted via Mobile Device
I get that to a point. He put himself in front of the team. Who knows when he would do it again, or for what reasons?
[Reply]
RealSNR 04:11 PM 03-28-2017
McCaffery has a tiny penis. All white RBs do.

And it's even worse in this case because this dude has Donk stink all over him.

That, and quit giving Alex weapons. He doesn't need them or use them
[Reply]
SAGA45 04:47 PM 03-28-2017
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:

Yep. Charles...despite his size....ran through people.In fact...I recall DJ stating that as a reason he smashed Charles in the Pro Bowl...he sated had he gone into that collision half-assed, Charles wouldve embarrassed him. No evidence of McCaffrey doing that on a consistent enough basis to liken him to Charles IMO.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 04:55 PM 03-28-2017
Originally Posted by raybec 4:
Nah, I'll take the word of his coaches and teammates on that one. By all accounts, McCaffrey is an exceptional teammate and hard worker. It was an exhibition game - it didn't matter at all.

If it means he'll jake it in a pre-season game, that's fine. But that's the only stock I'll put in that decision. Frankly, I wouldn't blame more guys for doing it.
[Reply]
GloucesterChief 05:07 PM 03-28-2017
Originally Posted by SAGA45:
Yep. Charles...despite his size....ran through people.In fact...I recall DJ stating that as a reason he smashed Charles in the Pro Bowl...he sated had he gone into that collision half-assed, Charles wouldve embarrassed him. No evidence of McCaffrey doing that on a consistent enough basis to liken him to Charles IMO.
McCaffrey doesn't. Look at the game film in the two WSU games. He was dominated and shut down.
[Reply]
-King- 06:30 PM 03-28-2017
You can't discredit him just because he doesn't do everything as great as one of the best running backs ever.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
Quesadilla Joe 08:45 PM 03-29-2017

The more personnel guys I talked to at NFL Meetings, the more convinced I am Davis Webb is going in first round - higher than you think.

— Pete Prisco (@PriscoCBS) March 30, 2017

[Reply]
Urc Burry 10:24 PM 03-29-2017
Originally Posted by Quesadilla Joe:
I'm really interested to see how the QB's fall in this draft. The top 4 could go really in any order. Webb would be my 5th favorite... he has all the tools. Wouldn't be terribly upset if the others went early and we picked him.
[Reply]
kc79 10:33 PM 03-29-2017
Originally Posted by Quesadilla Joe:
Dorsey loves those senior bowl standouts.
[Reply]
Coogs 05:34 AM 03-30-2017
Here is probably why. Pete's current mock.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/n...trick-mahomes/
[Reply]
Page 3 of 6
< 123 456 >
Up