ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 65 of 386
« First < 15556162636465 6667686975115165 > Last »
Media Center>Game of Thrones Seasons 7-8
keg in kc 02:23 PM 05-24-2017
About to hit the 5000 post mark on the old thread, the first season 7 trailer today seems like the right time to start the final Game of Thones thread.

I'm going back to the original rules pre-2015. I don't think we need supervision or bannings. Just don't be a dick. Post anything you find online that hasn't aired yet inside of spoiler tags. That's pretty much it. I think we can all handle that...

For future us, 2015 thread is here: Link
[Reply]
mr. tegu 08:35 PM 08-13-2017
Originally Posted by GloucesterChief:
His whole monologue about the Mad King burning people alive. Saying he tried to think that he just provided the information, he didn't actually do the act. You can tell he felt guilt about it. Probably what turned Varys from a servant of a king to in his words 'a servant of the realm'.
Right but why would that make him support Cersi?
[Reply]
mr. tegu 08:37 PM 08-13-2017
There was quite a bit in this episode that could help set up Jaime as the Queen Slayer.
[Reply]
Kclee 08:37 PM 08-13-2017
Originally Posted by Sandy Cheeks:
Count on it. I am thinking Jon, Gendry, the Hound, and Jorrah.. will be the only survivors.
I think it could be that the Hound dies and turns into a white walker and they end up taking him back to Kings Landing. KL knows what the Hound looks like, so out of everyone, the Hound being shown as a WW would be convincing. Plus, when the Hound came back a season ago, the Brotherhood says that he has a purpose yet. And, just maybe, the undead Hound could fight the undead Mountain.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 08:37 PM 08-13-2017
Rhaegar annulled his wedding to Elia, which should make Jon (or Jaeherys) the true claimant to the throne but Sam got bent out of shape and didn't catch that from Gilly's reading.

Cersei is pregnant. Hooray. Guess they had to have some driving reason why she gave a shit about ruling beyond wanting to fuck anyone who had spited her up.
[Reply]
GloucesterChief 08:37 PM 08-13-2017
Originally Posted by mr. tegu:
Right but why would that make him support Cersi?
Not exactly support Cersi but make sure the sides are more even so a third option could make itself available and perhaps rally the remains of the rest of the kingdoms to their side aka The King in the North.
[Reply]
mr. tegu 08:39 PM 08-13-2017
Originally Posted by Kclee:
I think it could be that the Hound dies and turns into a white walker and they end up taking him back to Kings Landing. KL knows what the Hound looks like, so out of everyone, the Hound being shown as a WW would be convincing. Plus, when the Hound comes back, the Brotherhood says that he has a purpose. And, just maybe, the undead Hound could fight the undead Mountain.
Good thought. Or perhaps poor Jorah as that would be really interesting to see Dany's reaction to that.
[Reply]
RustShack 08:39 PM 08-13-2017
King Jaeherys Targaryen.
[Reply]
patteeu 08:39 PM 08-13-2017
Originally Posted by RINGLEADER:
I don't get the whole "we have to capture an undead and convince Cersei that white walkers are real" sub-plot. WTF do they need Cersei for at this point? Didn't ring true at all.
Dany said something about not being able to turn her attention to the white walkers because Cercei would fill the vacuum in the south (unless they can get a cease fire with her).
[Reply]
mr. tegu 08:42 PM 08-13-2017
Originally Posted by GloucesterChief:
Not exactly support Cersi but make sure the sides are more even so a third option could make itself available and perhaps rally the remains of the rest of the kingdoms to their side aka The King in the North.
That seems too complicated. If he wants Jon as king he would do more to support him and Dany getting together or just releasing information about Jon being a true Targaryan and the true king since he should know that or at least have a thought about it which would lead him to investigate it further.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 08:44 PM 08-13-2017
Also, it means that it's actually Viserys and Danaerys Waters...
[Reply]
GloucesterChief 08:45 PM 08-13-2017
Originally Posted by patteeu:
Dany said something about not being able to turn her attention to the white walkers because Cercei would fill the vacuum in the south (unless they can get a cease fire with her).
The problem with this logic is that well, Dany holds no territory in the south except for Dragonstone.

Dorne: Complete chaos probably as lords vie for control.
The Reach: Complete chaos now that the Tarlys and Tyrells are dead.
Stormlands: No one knows since Stannis is dead. Probably complete chaos as lords vie for control.
Westerlands: Still under Lannister control.

The North is a lot more suitable since The North and Vale are allied and friendly toward her. The Riverlands are under Lannister occupation but who knows how long that will last after they lost some of their army in the loot train attack.
[Reply]
RustShack 08:47 PM 08-13-2017
I think Danny is clearly falling for Jon. It'll be interesting to see how that plays out when they find out who he really is. Or with Littlefinger plotting to take the North from Jon.
[Reply]
GloucesterChief 08:48 PM 08-13-2017
Originally Posted by mr. tegu:
That seems too complicated. If he wants Jon as king he would do more to support him and Dany getting together or just releasing information about Jon being a true Targaryan and the true king since he should know that or at least have a thought about it which would lead him to investigate it further.
He probably doesn't know. The Kingsguard that were there are all dead and everybody else except for Howland Reed. I doubt Varys reach reaches into the very reclusive Neck and crannogmen.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:48 PM 08-13-2017
Originally Posted by RustShack:
They also confirmed Jon isn't a bastard.
And the rightful heir to the seven kingdoms. And the Dragons recognize him as Tarragon.
[Reply]
GloucesterChief 08:49 PM 08-13-2017
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower:
Also, it means that it's actually Viserys and Danaerys Waters...
Depends on how annulment in Westros works I guess. Obviously, the marriage was consummated so.....
[Reply]
Page 65 of 386
« First < 15556162636465 6667686975115165 > Last »
Up