ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 62 of 101
« First < 12525859606162 6364656672 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Let's talk about the Cleveland Browns (Divisional Round)
TLO 07:49 PM 01-10-2021
A little surprised, but not THAT surprised.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 07:48 AM 01-14-2021
As for pressure on the Chiefs, I think that’s a nonfactor. This is what they’ve been preparing for all season.

They have dialed back gameplans, playcalls, and player usage in preparation for this game. They have managed the entire season in preparation for this.

Some might see that and think “pressure...” but compare it to doing your job. When you plan and prepare exhaustively for something to set yourself up for success, it then becomes a matter of execution.

Andy Reid’s record off a bye is incredible. That carries over to the playoffs.
[Reply]
Hiko 07:49 AM 01-14-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
The Chiefs gave up 40 points once. They gave up 31 points twice. Two of those 3 games were against the division rival Raiders.

In their other 12 games (not counting the scrimmage to end the season), they held their opponents under 30 points TWELVE times.

The held the:

Buffalo Bills (31.3ppg) to 17 points.
Tampa Bay Buccaneers (30.8ppg) to 24 points.
New Orleans Saints (30.1ppg) to 29 points.
Baltimore Ravens (29.3ppg) to 20 points.
That’s fine. The Ravens have been dominant on D the last half of the season but they couldn’t stop the Browns either. I’ve watched KC many times this season and although their D is solid it’s not better than Baltimore’s/Pittsburgh’s/Indy’s.

All I’m saying is that it’s unwise to expect the Browns won’t score at least 30, so expect that the Chiefs will need to score more. Which given Cleveland’s D won’t be a Herculean task. The Browns could score more than 30 and KC could still win by double digits. We’re not there yet defensively.
[Reply]
Hiko 07:59 AM 01-14-2021
Because that one game exposed a serious flaw.

It's called context.
It really seemed to hamper them against Pittsburgh.

Bad game, anomaly, the result of crashing the line and run blitzing Corners because the WRs had never practiced with Baker until a walkthrough that morning in a parking garage... that one game was not the norm.

I’m not getting the compulsion to dismiss Cleveland’s O here.
[Reply]
htismaqe 08:04 AM 01-14-2021
Originally Posted by Hiko:
That’s fine. The Ravens have been dominant on D the last half of the season but they couldn’t stop the Browns either. I’ve watched KC many times this season and although their D is solid it’s not better than Baltimore’s/Pittsburgh’s/Indy’s.

All I’m saying is that it’s unwise to expect the Browns won’t score at least 30, so expect that the Chiefs will need to score more. Which given Cleveland’s D won’t be a Herculean task. The Browns could score more than 30 and KC could still win by double digits. We’re not there yet defensively.
The Browns absolutely could score 30 points. But I don't at all expect them to.

The Chiefs gave up 31 to the Texans last year after falling behind 21-0 in the first quarter.

If the Browns don't do something like that (like they did against the Steelers) they won't get 30.
[Reply]
htismaqe 08:04 AM 01-14-2021
the result of crashing the line and run blitzing Corners
That's a false narrative. NFL Next Gen Stats debunked it.

Sorry.
[Reply]
Hiko 08:04 AM 01-14-2021
Because what they actually DID when missing a ton of players says a lot about how they react to adversity.

As was explained previously, teams tend to do weird things when they play the Chiefs, like go for it on 4th down in their own territory, onside kick at strange times, and run fake punts.

Those things almost ALWAYS backfire.

Your team, and your coach, broke tendency against the 2-win Jets and LOST. You don't think there's a chance they do the same thing in the high pressure playoffs, against a team that's favored by more than a TD?

Come on, man.
If you think run-first is their tendency then clearly you haven’t watched many of their games.

Their tendency changes every game depending on the game plan and what the defense is trying to do.
[Reply]
htismaqe 08:05 AM 01-14-2021
If you think run-first is their tendency then clearly you haven’t watched many of their games.

Their tendency changes every game depending on the game plan and what the defense is trying to do.
So why did they play right into the Jets game plan, especially missing their top 4 WR's?
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 08:07 AM 01-14-2021

You think it should be expected that Cleveland scores 30? :-)

Kansas City gave up 21.6 PPG in the 15 matchups where starters played. I’m not saying Cleveland won’t score over that, they probably will, but you’re selling the Chiefs defense awfully short there by assuming 30 is almost a certainty.
[Reply]
Hiko 08:08 AM 01-14-2021
Originally Posted by SupDock:
Come on man, out scoring your opponent 28-0 in the first quarter with the turnovers you had is a fluke
They scored more than 30 points in the first half alone 3 times this season.

Getting out to big leads (and then watching them get whittled away) is the norm.
[Reply]
htismaqe 08:08 AM 01-14-2021
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
You think it should be expected that Cleveland scores 30? :-)

Kansas City gave up 21.6 PPG in the 15 matchups where starters played. I’m not saying Cleveland won’t score over that, they probably will, but you’re selling the Chiefs defense awfully short there by assuming 30 is almost a certainty.
Just like Bills fan.

At least we didn't beat Cleveland during the regular season so he could try to explain that away too.
[Reply]
htismaqe 08:09 AM 01-14-2021
They scored more than 30 points in the first half alone 3 times this season.

Getting out to big leads (and then watching them get whittled away) is the norm.
It's great when you play a schedule full of the worst defenses in the NFL.
[Reply]
Hiko 08:11 AM 01-14-2021
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
If you don’t think there’s pressure as a Browns fan, you should wake up.

Getting this far again in the future is far from guaranteed. The AFC is loaded with talent at the QB position for the future, and your division is with Baltimore and Cincy.

Yeah, enjoy this moment, but they’re 2 wins from the Super Bowl and it is FAR from a lock they get back here next year or even the year after.

Mayfield will never be cheaper. A lot hinges on what they do with him financially.
You don’t go 26 years without a playoff win and not know how fragile this playoff run might be.

We are trying to enjoy it, thanks.
[Reply]
Hiko 08:13 AM 01-14-2021
It's great when you play a schedule full of the worst defenses in the NFL.
Okey-dokey.

I take back everything I said - should be a walk in the park for you guys.
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 08:14 AM 01-14-2021
Originally Posted by RedinTexas:
How much will that pressure be cranked up if the Chiefs go up 14-0?
Enough where you’ll be able to stick a piece of coal in Baker Mayfield ass, and create a diamond within five minutes.
[Reply]
htismaqe 08:15 AM 01-14-2021
You don’t go 26 years without a playoff win and not know how fragile this playoff run might be.

We are trying to enjoy it, thanks.
You do remember who you are talking to right?

We went 22 years without one. We've been through it.

Of course, we didn't go to other teams' message boards and try to convince them we were going to win either.
[Reply]
Page 62 of 101
« First < 12525859606162 6364656672 > Last »
Up