ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 61 of 101
« First < 11515758596061 6263646571 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Let's talk about the Cleveland Browns (Divisional Round)
TLO 07:49 PM 01-10-2021
A little surprised, but not THAT surprised.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 06:56 AM 01-14-2021
Fun stat: Cleveland has a bottom-10 pass defense despite playing the second easiest schedule of pass offenses in the NFL.
[Reply]
htismaqe 06:59 AM 01-14-2021
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
Fun stat: Cleveland has a bottom-10 pass defense despite playing the second easiest schedule of pass offenses in the NFL.
KC played the #1, #2, AND #3 DVOA teams in the league and won all 3.

On the road.
[Reply]
RedinTexas 06:59 AM 01-14-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Because what they actually DID when missing a ton of players says a lot about how they react to adversity.

As was explained previously, teams tend to do weird things when they play the Chiefs, like go for it on 4th down in their own territory, onside kick at strange times, and run fake punts.

Those things almost ALWAYS backfire.

Your team, and your coach, broke tendency against the 2-win Jets and LOST. You don't think there's a chance they do the same thing in the high pressure playoffs, against a team that's favored by more than a TD?

Come on, man.
Great points. When the Chiefs play the Ravens Harbaugh throws the kitchen sink at scoring. Going for it on 4th downs, two-point conversions, constant blitzing, etc. We saw it against the Texans last year too when they tried the fake punt. Patrick Mahomes gives opposing head coaches nightmares and they know with metaphysical certainty that high risk plays are necessary if they are going to have any chance to win.
[Reply]
htismaqe 07:01 AM 01-14-2021
Originally Posted by RedinTexas:
Great points. When the Chiefs play the Ravens Harbaugh throws the kitchen sink at scoring. Going for it on 4th downs, two-point conversions, constant blitzing, etc. We saw it against the Texans last year too when they tried the fake punt. Patrick Mahomes gives opposing head coaches nightmares and they know with metaphysical certainty that high risk plays are necessary if they are going to have any chance to win.
Yep. I expect to see the Browns do some crazy things early to try to chase points. We'll see if it works.
[Reply]
DawgDays 07:02 AM 01-14-2021
Yeah, the fact that your coach is willing to completely abandon tendencies and go with a strategy they hadn't really used all year, with 4 new WR's no less, is irrelevant.

:-)
I don't know bro,

FG
PUNT
FUMBLE
PUNT
PUNT
MISSED FG
PUNT

Down 20-3.

Quit trying to run the ball, got back into the game and almost won it. The fact that our coach was willing to completely abandon tendencies and go with a different strategy became the only reason we had a chance.
[Reply]
eastsidedawg 07:04 AM 01-14-2021
Because what they actually DID when missing a ton of players says a lot about how they react to adversity.

As was explained previously, teams tend to do weird things when they play the Chiefs, like go for it on 4th down in their own territory, onside kick at strange times, and run fake punts.

Those things almost ALWAYS backfire.

Your team, and your coach, broke tendency against the 2-win Jets and LOST. You don't think there's a chance they do the same thing in the high pressure playoffs, against a team that's favored by more than a TD?

Come on, man.
high pressure ....the pressure is on the chiefs the browns arent supposed to be here they are huge underdogs they are playing with house money. A hot team getting healthy as they can be with nothing to lose.

if they lose get blown out its fine they havent made it to the playoffs in 18 years or won a playoff game since 1994.

trick plays , onside kicks, going for it on every 4th down in KC territory everything is in play. if that makes KC fans feel good those are the teams you dont want to play with no pressure or expectations.
[Reply]
SupDock 07:04 AM 01-14-2021
Originally Posted by Hiko:
If you are a Chiefs fan and you think the Browns won’t score at least 30 you are naive. They have both a strong running game and passing game. When they’re not hampered by 40 mph winds or losing their entire WR corps the night before the game they will drop 30 on anyone. They put 48 on the Steelers. They put 42 on the Ravens. They put 41 on the Titans. They put 32 on the Colts. What you saw last Sunday is not a fluke. They start strong. Expect it.

They will also give up a sht-ton of points. They get out to leads and then try to hang on and a lot of the time they have but gaddam I wish they would just blow teams out. It will cost them eventually and I - unfortunately - think that’s coming this week.

KC, as much as I like them (Schottenheimer and Reid are two of my favorite coaches and Kansas City is a severely underrated town), seems to only get interested after they’ve gotten punched, so what I see is an early double-digit Browns lead followed by a flurry of points against a sht D and something like a 45-41 final score in favor of the Chiefs.

And if we lose then I ain’t gonna go full bytch about it like the Steelers fans - kick the sht out of Buffalo or (especially) Baltimore.

Come on man, out scoring your opponent 28-0 in the first quarter with the turnovers you had is a fluke
[Reply]
RedinTexas 07:05 AM 01-14-2021
Originally Posted by DawgDays:
I don't know bro,

FG
PUNT
FUMBLE
PUNT
PUNT
MISSED FG
PUNT

Down 20-3.

Quit trying to run the ball, got back into the game and almost won it. The fact that our coach was willing to completely abandon tendencies and go with a different strategy became the only reason we had a chance.
Against the NY Jets. Who finished 2-14.
[Reply]
htismaqe 07:08 AM 01-14-2021
Originally Posted by eastsidedawg:
high pressure ....the pressure is on the chiefs the browns arent supposed to be here they are huge underdogs they are playing with house money. A hot team getting healthy as they can be with nothing to lose.

if they lose get blown out its fine they havent made it to the playoffs in 18 years or won a playoff game since 1994.

trick plays , onside kicks, going for it on every 4th down in KC territory everything is in play. if that makes KC fans feel good those are the teams you dont want to play with no pressure or expectations.
You, as a fan, aren't a player or a coach.

If you think the Browns are "playing with house money" more power to you. I guarantee you a team that is one game away from the conference championship feels plenty of pressure.
[Reply]
RedinTexas 07:11 AM 01-14-2021
How much will that pressure be cranked up if the Chiefs go up 14-0?
[Reply]
htismaqe 07:12 AM 01-14-2021
How much will that pressure be cranked up if the Chiefs go up 14-0?
It won't.

The whole Browns team will be like "Aww shucks, it's okay. We didn't expect to be here anyway."
[Reply]
RedinTexas 07:15 AM 01-14-2021
It won't.

The whole Browns team will be like "Aww shucks, it's okay. We didn't expect to be here anyway."
It will. If the Chiefs start building a lead, the Browns will still be trying to win. The longer that goes, the more the pressure will build to do whatever it takes to make up the difference. That's when teams that rely on running the ball abandon that idea and begin throwing it a lot more than they wanted to do. That is how strong running attacks lose their mojo against the Chiefs.
[Reply]
htismaqe 07:17 AM 01-14-2021
It will. If the Chiefs start building a lead, the Browns will still be trying to win. The longer that goes, the more the pressure will build to do whatever it takes to make up the difference. That's when teams that rely on running the ball abandon that idea and begin throwing it a lot more than they wanted to do. That is how strong running attacks lose their mojo against the Chiefs.
I was being sarcastic. :-)
[Reply]
RedinTexas 07:24 AM 01-14-2021
I was being sarcastic. :-)
Treat me as a total dumbass when it comes to recognizing sarcasm, because I am, at least on a message board.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 07:27 AM 01-14-2021
If you don’t think there’s pressure as a Browns fan, you should wake up.

Getting this far again in the future is far from guaranteed. The AFC is loaded with talent at the QB position for the future, and your division is with Baltimore and Cincy.

Yeah, enjoy this moment, but they’re 2 wins from the Super Bowl and it is FAR from a lock they get back here next year or even the year after.

Mayfield will never be cheaper. A lot hinges on what they do with him financially.
[Reply]
Page 61 of 101
« First < 11515758596061 6263646571 > Last »
Up